All reviews equipped rooms double bed large room maerua mall bed and breakfast one night stay yogurt on arrival amenities couch taxi desk
Reviewed 28 November 2017

We stayed at Jordani Bed and Breakfast in Windhoek for 2-nights in late Sep, and again for 1-night on our return in early Oct ($75). Jordani is a small inn of only 5 rooms located in a quiet suburb 10 min from the city centre. The grounds are modest, with a small seating area at the front and, at the back, a very pleasant tiled patio with 2 tables overlooking a moderate-sized, well maintained pool surrounded by a spacious brick deck and loungers.

Our standard double room was large and spacious, with an airy feel from the 9' ceilings and 3 large windows. It was furnished with a comfortable queen bed with hardwood headboard and side tables, desk/chair, couch and glass-topped coffee table. There was a large storage cabinet, safe, coffee maker and mini-fridge. There were 2 dark-framed mirrors and a central mini-chandelier that gave a bit of elegance to the room. A second double bed provided extra space for clothes storage. There was a quiet AC and a wall-mounted TV. The bathroom was huge, with tiled walls and floor, a roomy shower and a large vanity with 2 sinks. The feeling of elegance was further enhanced by a large soaker tub.

Breakfast was good, with a choice of eggs, bacon, toast, yogurt, gourmet coffee, fruits and juices. Parking, on the street in front of the hotel, was watched by a 24-hr guard and was secure. A buzzer opened the front gate and the hotel door when returning at night. The staff were excellent, cheerful, friendly and helpful.

There were a number of amenities fairly close to the hotel if you have a car. The Maerua Mall, 5-min away, had a grocery store, liquor outlet and ATM machines. A Windhoek tradition, Joe's Beerhouse, is only a 10-min drive (N100 by taxi if you want to take advantage of the “beerhouse” aspect) and serves a full menu of game and other meats.

We enjoyed our stay at Jordani so much that we returned for our last night in Namibia. The only room available was the family room, not as elegant as our first room but well suited for families with 4 beds and plenty of storage, but a much smaller bathroom.

In summary, this was a very pleasant, comfortable bed and breakfast with great staff and spacious, elegant rooms. They delivered great value for a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Guest,

I thank you for posting your highly positive feedback on your stay at my B&B and I am pleased that we satisfied all your needs. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Namibia.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

I had a pleasant enough one night stay at Jordani B&B back in early August. The room was quite dated and the view from the window was a high wall less than 2m away (see photo). There was no milk provided to go with the complimentary tea and coffee. However, the price wasn’t too high and I was only staying one night so these weren’t great problems. Breakfast was very nice, although some ambient music in the dining hall would be a welcome addition.
My problems started after checking out. I had booked through Booking.com and noted before arriving that my credit card had been charged the full amount for the room, however on checking out I was assured that this would be refunded and was just a security deposit. I therefore paid in cash on departure.
Two months later, I found on checking my credit card statement that not only had my original payment not been refunded, I had actually been charged again 6 weeks after my stay. Both these payments are listed as being to Jordani rather than Booking.com.
Of course I phoned up to ask what had happened, and was told the manager would call me back. No-one called back after two weeks, so last week I phoned again. I was asked to send proof of the money being taken out, so I emailed them my bank statements and the cash payment receipt on the same day. No acknowledgement of my email. Another week later, I phoned up today to check what is happening since I’ve heard nothing. The person on the phone was scarcely apologetic and very evasive when asked how they are getting on with arranging my refund. They seem to have no intention of refunding my money as they are ‘waiting to hear from the bank’, despite my proof being sent. I wasn’t too worried when initially noticing the multiple payments as I assumed it would be a simple matter for them to apologise and refund, however now it has become a prolonged and unpleasant process. Their response (or rather lack of response) to my request is as though I am an unreasonable inconvenience, and this has upset me far more than the money owed. I will certainly never be staying at Jordani B&B again. I would advise you to avoid it unless you enjoy terrible customer service.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank IndigoWhirl
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Firstly, please accept our sincerest apologies for the delay in responding to you regarding your email as well as the over-payments. I can assure you that this is NOT our usual level of customer service. Our bank tried to trace the over-payments and somehow(?) they could not find your payments. Eventually they did. As you know, they have since processed your refunds and I sent you the proof thereof.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we caused you and we thank you for your valuable support. It is truly appreciated.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Greeted by a super smile. Large comfortable rooms tastefully done. Good wholesome breakfast selection and very reasonable rates. Dinner also available but we did not have it, although it smelt superb. Good choice for business or vacation stay.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank VictorC5860
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you very much for posting your positive feedback on your recent stay at my small B&B. I am delighted that we satisfied all your needs during your 3 nights' stay with us. On your next visit to Windhoek, we would be pleased to host you again.

Your support is most appreciated.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our one night stay at Jordani. The building is very secure and there is a security guard that watches the cars at night. It is in a quiet area not far from shops (walking distance), the mall and the centre of town (by car). The host was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was massive and charming without having the kitsch that can often accompany B&Bs. It was very private and felt more like a motel than staying in someone's home, which is a huge plus for me. The free wifi was great and the bed was very comfortable. There was a pool but we didn't get to use it as it was just a short stay. We would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your highly positive feedback on your recent stay at my B&B. I am very pleased that we satisfied all your needs and I am delighted to read that "...we would happily stay here again".

Your support and feedback are greatly valued.

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 November 2016

I found this B&B one of the best I've been to that I decided to come back again before my vacation in Namibia concluded. I was fortunate to have found this hotel last minute and it provided a wonderful introduction to Namibia. The staff were wonderful and very engaging to make sure my stay was perfect. I got lost after the 40 minute drive from the int'l airport but the staff were kind to provide precise directions to the lovely neighborhood of Olympia when I called them. The area is calm and beautiful; an advantage being that it's less than a 5 minute drive to the Maerua Mall if you want to catch a movie, stop by the super market or have a nice dinner. The bedroom and amenities made it feel like I was back home, especially if you get Room #2. Comfort is a theme at this hotel and I found it the best place to stay before and after my adventures in Sossusvlei. I look forward to coming back to Jordani B&B the next time I visit Windhoek.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your highly positive review on our small B&B located in affluent Olympia, Windhoek. To receive the maximum 5/5 score makes all our efforts worthwhile and I am delighted that we satisfied your needs at the start of and end of your Namibia sojourn.

Your support is truly valued and we look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Namibia.

Best regards,