“Great experience!”
Review of Equitrails Namibia

Equitrails Namibia
More attraction details
Owner description: The best way to view the awesome scenery and wildlife of Namibia.... on horseback!
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Wonderful ride in the mountains, nice picnic, excellent horses and a cool cider after 6 hours in the Namibian sun! I enjoyed every second and will certainly go on another trip with Sam if I will be to Namibia again :-)

1  Thank Marlene0205
in 5 reviews
"picasso"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I chose the sundowner ride as it best fit my travel schedule. I am very glad that I did as some of the highlights were seeing Namibia in a totally different way - literally off the beaten path.

I went out on my ride with complete beginners who had NEVER gone horseback riding before. I was a bit skeptical as I am an experienced rider. No worries though because I was matched up with a great horse - Supernova who was responsive to my command. The beginners rode with Sam and she let me go off on my own at nice cantors over rolling hills. I then met up with the rest of the group further down the path. This way I could do all the gaits.

To my surprise, we stumbled upon a picnic table, dismounted, and had drinks and snacks in the middle of no where. The sun was going down and it was just beautiful. After remounting we rode back to the barn in the dark, which I have never done. Most places in the world won't let you ride in the dark but Sam's horses are used to it and it was a great experience.

This is one of the best riding experiences that I have had in Africa.

2  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I went on a mountain picnic ride with Sam yesterday. It was excellent! A beautiful day, an excellent horse to ride, and great company. Sam's knowledge of birds and wildlife is impressive and added to the experience. We had some lovely canters and my horse, Picasso, was a gem - willing to go like the wind, but waited to be asked.

1  Thank Jenny H
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This activity was one of the best we did in Namibia!
Sam knows her horses inside out, so based on your riding experience you'll get the right personality between your legs. Sam gives you enough guidance to feel safe and well.

From the moment you see the horses you will noticed how nice they are being treated. Throughout the ride you get a very relaxed and safe vibe. You can enjoy the view without constantly worrying about your horse. Yet, you have enough control over the horses too even satisfy the more experienced rider.

So If you wanna go horseback riding in a superb setting, at a pace well suited for beginners to the more experienced riders, this is your place! Riding though the savanne with a border collie watching your back is just something you can't miss out!