“Best In Class”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Windhoek
tel-mond
“Best In Class”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

As a frequent business traveler, I have the opportunity to enjoy or, G-d forbid, “suffer” from many hotels and accommodations all over the world. Having recently spent 4 nights at the Hilton Windhoek, I can testify this place is definitely one of the greatest hotels I have stopped by for a long time. With a friendly and well-intentioned staff, spacious and well-furnished rooms, a comfortable business lounge, a generous buffet breakfast, a lovely sunroof terrace with a pool and a nice view of the surroundings and just 5 min. walk from the main business and shopping areas, it provides you everything you need to make your stay the most productive and enjoyable one.
Simply said, this hotel is a “must-stay” for anyone traveling to Namibia.

Room Tip: higher floow to enjoy the nice view of the surroundings
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
RomanKopacek, General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Gabi_Trav,

Thank you soo much for your kind words which I have taken the liberty to share with my team, it is comment such as yours which make all your efforts worthwile.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Hilton WHK in the near future.

Roman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, england
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed one night at the end of our Namibia trip – and to be honest the only reason we did was the exceptional room rate I got. The room was great and the rooftop pool perfect for chilling out after the drive down. Our arrival from 2 weeks travelling coincided with the expected arrival of the President to visit a conference being held at the hotel. The speed with which our (very dirty) car was removed and we were whisked down the red carpet and out of sight without in any way feeling aggrieved says much for the tact and humour of the staff. Well recommended – if the price is right.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
RomanKopacek, General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Dear Taxdoug, thanks for your nice comments about value for money and for your understanding during our VIP visit, which I trust you understand not only in our hands but State Security. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.
With kind regards
Yours sincerly,

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 11 November 2011

No water in the rooms, dirty windows, dirty public spaces, dirty table clothes in the restaurant, noisy lobby, no turn down of the rooms in the evening, no water in the room, no possibility to have a shower in the room without spraying some water everywhere in the bathroom, ughly buffet for dinner. How can they be so bad with such a nice staff? Where is the management??? Where is Hilton control???

5 Thank infofu
RomanKopacek, General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, 19 November 2011
Dear Infofu;

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback which I have taken up with my senior managment team and my most deep and sincere apologies that on this occassion the team and myself did not meet your expectations as one of our valuable guests.

I would really appreciate if you could contact me via Roman.Kopacek@hilton.com so to ensure I could even more details and so to look at some service recovery.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

With kind regards.

Yours sincerely,

Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I was only in Windhoek for one night on business. I was suffering from flu, so was really hoping that the accomodation would be decent. Much to my surprise, I was greeted by a Mercedes-Benz to drive me to the hotel. There were other guests who had also arrived on my flight and were staying at the Hilton and they were also picked up....but in their own Mercedes. I arrived and they quickly checked me in. It was when I opened the door to my room......wow! A good size, with an amazing bathtub (perfect for my achy flu) and all the amenities you would need. The bed.....the most amazing comfortable bed ever. The food was beyond what I normally expect in Southern African countries and the staff were so helpful. This is a new hotel, and I have to say that I am normally cautious of new hotels because of all the kinks and new staff...but the staff at the Hilton in Windhoek are definitley top class. For a weary business traveller....this Hilton nin Windhoek is a dream.

1 Thank SFowchell
RomanKopacek, General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Dear SFowchell,

Thank you very much for such nice comments which I have shared with my team, trust us it is comments like yours which make all our efforts worthwile and see valuable clients such as yourself satisfied.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed two nights by myself at the end of October and can truly say I have no complaints at all!
Service was fast and I had assistance bringing my bags to my room. I stayed in a basic suite but still found it stunning. For my first night supper was great I got the oven baked pizza with baked strawberry cheesecake for dessert. the 2nd night had the buffet which was plentiful and delicious. The waitresses were great and came back frequently to refill drinks/ask how my food was. Breakfast was my favorite by far with many choices, and once again excellent staff. I needed internet and the front desk immediately found me a computer and got me hooked up. Also were able to tell me some good shops around and give me some helpful tips.
All in all stunning place and I would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
RomanKopacek, General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Dear Stephanie, thanks for your kind comments, which I have shared with my team, it is comments like yours which make our hard efforts truely worthwile.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

finland
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Five star hotel in Windhoek. Staff was friendly and helpfull. Rooms were clean and well equiped. Lack of a bottle opener was not a problem for a room service. lol....
We spent all together three nights in this hotel.
Breakfast buffet was exelent. Enough for a day
But remember, don`t ever order your transportation to airport at the front desk. It`s three times expensive than a taxi, and it`s not a limo.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
RomanKopacek, General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Dear Jaska, thanks for your nice comments in regards to your stay, the breakfast and the rooms. Pleas be assured we have already taken actions to replace bottle openers in all rooms, in regrrds to transfer would appreicate some more details to my email address Roman.Kopacek@hilton.com as we are currently below the main competition and I would like to go to the bottom of this offline.

With kind regards and looking forward to welcoming you back.

A
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I recently had to fly into Windhoek on Business.. having endured some awful hotels in the past - the hilton was a welcoem reprieve. Great hotel, modern ambience.
Great room facilities.
Internet is pay as you go which I was suprised by. Make sure you ask for your bar fridge to be filled before arrival !
Otherwise very pleasant in deed and I will definitely stay again

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Dear BWHJhb,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, be assured that I have shared them with the team, had already a meeting with the Team Leader of Minibar as well as Department Heads to ensure that all minibars are checked daily.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards.