“Good place to stay for business or leisure”
Review of Hilton Windhoek

Hilton Windhoek
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Windhoek
Reviewed 6 March 2012

4 of us stayed here at the start of our weekend for 1 night only , from check in to check out, we were impressed with the service, the staff and the rooms. The rooms are large and really modern, everything is new and works brilliantly, the bathroom is large i loved it. This hotel has been designed for long or short stays, for businessmen or people travelling on Holiday. It has 2 restuarants one incorporates the bar on the roof top, with lovely nighttime views of Windhoek under lights. Seems like a place for locals to visit too, i had a lovely vibe.
It's close to restuarants, and shops, and offers parking as well.
Overrall we had a fantastic stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again should I return to Windhoek.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SarahMcGowan
RomanKopacek, General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear Ms. McGowan,

Thank you very much for your kind comments which I have taken the liberty to share with my team. Believe me it is comments such yours which makes our efforts truely worthwile.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Week-long business trip flew by with the comfort experienced at this hotel. Centrally located with a few of the city. Large selection in the restaurant. I found the hotel to be expensive and quite busy. Check-out took very long.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear An3G,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I am glad to see that in general you enjoyed your stay. Feel free to contact myself for future in regards to any special rates available via Roman.Kopacek@hilton.com. I am also glad to share with you that we have just split our HR and Trainings function so to have even an increased force towards Training and Development of our team such as the FO team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The hotel is tasteless and very strange. You don't at all feel that you're in Africa.
Standard, tasteless, ugly. Service is so-so, I would even say a bit disappointing.
We spent a Saturday at the Country club, and we wished we had been staying there.
The building of this Hilton property stands out, it visibly spoils the city. It is very very ugly, I will say this five times more, ugly.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank La P

Dear LaP,

Thank you very much for your comments. Guess it always depends on taste and different cultures in regards to the building itself, which has won various awards in Europe and Africa in the last 10 months, but certainly appreciate and accept your comments.

In regards to Training I am glad to inform you that we have dedicated a fully fletched Trainings Manager to iron out service challenges which unfortunately on some occassion do occurr.

With kind regards and hope you will give us another opprotunity on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Great attentive friendly staff, ever helpful.
Beautiful new hotel and a fun layout of the bathroom.
Comfy beds and yummy breakfast.
We really enjoyed our night there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Saffacirce,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, glad that you enjoyed our reworked famous Hilton Breakfast. At the same time we have also started our Saturday/Sunday Brunch as well a weekly special a la carte menu iin our ADD /Ekipa Restuarant.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Rooms were amazing and the roof bar was great. Breakfast was huge. A few very minor rough edges on the dining room service but the front desk and car parking people were perfect.

Room was spotless and designed well. Free wifi would have made it 5 stars.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear JJ_London71,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. To add we have made various adjustments in our F&B outlets and hope you will see them upon your return. In regards to free WIFI that is currently available only for HHonors Gold and Diamond Members, however as times change we will see as well a global change for Hilton Worldwide.

Looking forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 16 February 2012

This hotel is still very new and looks great, the decor and design is the best in Windhoek but there are issues that come from being so new. The staff are nice and friendly but are not trained to the high standard you would expect from a Hilton hotel, here are a few examples:

Hilton Honours - I'm a gold HH member and received no benefits nor an upgrade, the staff seemed pretty much unaware of its existence.

Lots of things not working, water temperature in the shower goes really hot to cold and doesn't settle, Internet is intermittent and various services unavailable in the business center.

Please do not be put off by my above comments as this hotel does have some good offerings such as the rooftop bar and pool although a serious lack of ashtrays. The executive lounge is nice for quiet drinks and the breakfast has a good selection. The main restaurant is really nice and has a great food but I found it was repeated too much, service in the restaurant was fast and efficient.

For a bit of entertainment the Kalahari Sands hotel nearby has a casino, the streets seem safe enough to walk at night too.

All in all this is a good hotel which over time will grow better with its staff.

Room Tip: Go for an executive room to get access to the nice lounge and the rooms with a garden terrace look n...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Dear Butters84,

Thank you very much for your comments which we have taken positively and equally important.

Therefore I am glad to advise you that we have not only retrained our FO team in HHonors benefits (kindly contact me when you visit us next time via my personal email Roman.Kopacek@hilton.com) but also have split our HR and Trainings function to dedicate even more focus on the always so important aspect of Training and Development of our young team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

My husband and I went on a date night and overnite at Hilton Hotel in Windhoek.Not sure about the date. think it was August last year.
He planned something nice which he mentioned to me. Our agreement was that I will book in first and he will join me later. Upon arrival the room was not as he asked and I had to arrange with front desk and housekeeping to get the room as he wanted it. Romantic....
Needless to say I had to book a massage to get me to relax. The rest of the date was great. I would recommend their spa and wellness facility anytime. Will I go again...maybe

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Suriz,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and your positive remarks for our Spa. Please be assured that we have also appointed various key positions in our Rooms department so to further improve. I would definitely hope you will visit us again. Feel free to contact me directly via my Email Roman.Kopacek@hilton.com, as I would be certainly happy to make personally all arrangments for your next visit. This is the very least I can do to appreciate your feedback and show you our strong focus on customer service approach.