Hilton Windhoek
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Hotel Thule(Windhoek)
1,493 results
All reviewssky barthe executive loungerooftop poolmodern hoteltop floormain restaurantbreakfast buffetbusiness tripenjoyed my staywi firooms are spaciousgymcbdafricacountrypitysafari
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2012

To summarize, this is an excellent hotel with spacy, clean and well-designed rooms. The hotel staff is very friendly and service-oriented. On the 9th floor (roof-top) there is an outdoor swimmig pool (very long one) with a nice view over the city. Breakfast was delicious with fresh fruit juices and plenty of choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Megan Candice D, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Reviewed 11 November 2012

This hotel was wonderful. Check-in was quick and easy. I scheduled a taxi to take me to the airport when I checked out. It was only $35. The staff was very helpful. My room was wonderful. The bed was comfortable with great sheets. The bathroom was roomy with great lighting and a nice big mirror. The shower was separate from the tub. You would not want to stay here with a business colleague though because there was no door separating the room from the bathroom. The toilet is in its own room, however. The only annoying part was there were no outlets in the bathroom to plug things in except for a shaver. Why wouldn't there be outlets for a blow dryer and curling iron? I ate dinner in the more upscale restaurant. The steak was wonderful, as was the wine. Plus, it was really inexpensive. We then grabbed some drinks at the bar, which was also nice. The free breakfast in the morning is incredible. There is so much to pick from. The only major downfall was the lack of free wifi. You couldn't even get free wifi in the lobby. The hotel is in a great location for shopping. It's a couple minute walk to great souvenir shops and a mall. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 November 2012

This was my fifth time in Windhoek and my first stay at the Hilton.

It is nice hotel, with a beautiful architecture, open feel, and very sleek decor. The room was large and tastefully furnished, and the bathroom was one of the nicest I have enjoyed on my recent travels. After a long transaltlantic travel, I slept really well in the comfortable king-size bed. The rooftop pool area was very relaxing, although a bit crowded, with some loud patrons that nobody seemed willing to control somehow. But a good book and the stunning view of Windhoek let me forget the distraction.

So all was well during my stay? Well, there is room for improvement. For one, I got exactly the opposite of what my Hilton Honors profile indicated as my room preferences (I usually ask for a high floor, non-smoking room, away from the elevator--and I got a lower floor smokers' room right near the elevator). The worst part was the smokers' smell in the room, which was made worse by the fact that windows could not be opened and the AC temperature could not be adjusted (the temperature setting buttons did not react). I could have probably asked for a change of rooms, but did not want to go through the hassle. I also noticed some other minor maintenance issues, including scratched walls and furniture. And I heard from other guests that the breakfast was not worth the charge; I opted to have breakfast at a small cafe in the Voigt shopping center five minutes away.

But in sum, I am glad that the Kalahari Sands Hotel--the other main business hotel in town--got competition from the Hilton, and I would consider the Hilton several notches better. And based on the manager's response to other reviews, I trust that the Hilton will further improve its service delivery and ensure proper upkeep of the facility.

Room Tip: Do not assume that the staff will honor your Hilton Honors preferences and ask for them at check-in.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank SGECHAMPION

Reviewed 5 November 2012

After a couple of weeks on the road in Namibia, we enjoyed this hotel a lot. Modern furnishings, comfortabe beds, good facilities and friendly and efficient staff all contributed to an enjoyable (if brief) stay. The hotel is right in the centre of town and within easy reach of restaurants, shops etc. They have a minibus to take guests to the airport but this was busy so they arranged a taxi for us.

The only thing I didn't enjoy were the incredibly greedy guests in the executive lounge (some not many) who were intent in getting as much 'free' food and drink down their necks as quickly as possible.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Very nice hotel and good location. This was our first trip to Windhoek, so wasn't sure what to expect. Breakfast buffet is good and the roof top bar is fun. Hotel offers airport pick up and drop off for an additional charge, but worth it. Be sure if you are booking a transfer to let them know if it is the international airport as this is considerably further than the domestic airport. All the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MaryandDon
RomanKopacek, General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear MaryandDon,

Thanks for your kind comments which I have taken the liberty to share with my team. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Windhoek.

Best regards