“Probably the best option in Windhoek”
Review of Hilton Windhoek

Hilton Windhoek
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Windhoek
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Really nice modern hotel, though I've spent lots of time in Africa and my expectations are moderated therefore -those who have only spent time in SE Asia, US and Europe may be less impressed! It's a nicely designed and striking building right in the heart of this small and pleasant city. You can walk to shops, cafes etc which seems perfectly safe in the daytime at least. The hotel must be only a couple of years old, though showing some signs of wear (pool tiles, crack on side of bath, stained room carpet) already so they need to keep up to speed on maintenance to stop the slide. Staff are nice and professional. Room was big, modern and very comfortable. Breakfast was one of the best I've had anywhere. Extras were not expensive, eg a coffee and huge slice of cake on the outside terrace for about £4.50. My Hilton gold card gave me 'free' internet and access to the lounge for usual drinks and snacks -without this it would have been less good value. I visited a few other WIndhoek hotels, this seemed the best by some margin.

Room Tip: Floors 7 and 8 give lounge access.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DavidLD12
Megan Candice D, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
We do hope that you will return to the property in the future.

PA to the General Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton Windhoek

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I visited the Hilton in Windhoek twice while I was in Namibia. I was very suprised by the amazingly helpful service. I was a lone 21 year old, visiting Africa for the first time, So I was nervous to be traveling alone.
However at my stay they made me feel very safe and anything I needed they gave me instantly!
They also were very quick in organising my taxi to the airport.

The room was lovely, very clean and great for my 2 nights stay!
Would definately recommend to any travellers all over!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Megan Candice D, PA to General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments.
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your visit with us.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

It is simple really. I stayed at the Hilton Windhoek in November 2012. The hotel is modern, with excellent rooms and facilities. However, I was asked to pay N$185 per night for WiFi access, which I was prepared to do, as stated on the Hilton's website. When I got to the hotel and tried to access the internet, I realized that it is PER DEVICE. In other words, if you have a smart phone and a computer, you had to pay N$185 per device, per night, so that would be N$370 per night. Needless to say if you have any other wireless device, it would be N$185 more per device, per night.

I could not believe that in 2012 a brand such as the Hilton was misleading customers in offering WiFi broadband, but when you get to the hotel it is per device, which, in my view, defeats the purpose and the average person who stays at the hilton will have at least two devices.

I have asked the Hilton to make that policy clear on its website, hopefully they will do so.

Outside of that the hotel was very good. Some staff needs further training, but they were always polite and tried to address my needs.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Carl F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your reviews.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I visited a friend who stayed at this hotel. The Spa is excellent and great value for money. The best part is they work until 9pm so you can come after a work meeting and still get a massage. The sky bar has one of the best views of the city

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your visit to the Skybar and the SPA

Reviewed 2 December 2012

The Hilton in Windhoek is probably the most modernly designed hotel in Windhoek, very comfortable and convenient rooms opened almost a year ago. Breakfast is more than average, but's that's all what's positive about it. Even though I frequently stay there ( and currently staying there) I still get inadequate service every time I stay there. My room does not always get properly cleaned, one time the cleaning person even forgot some of his/her cleaning equipment in the room. Internet is slow, the Wireless flaps evey minute, housekeeping take a lot to reply, the new TV magazine which has the monthly programs never came even though we were 2 days in the new month, room service is frequently out of the dishes I want, and the menu is very poor as well, the business lounge was rented out when I asked to use it , I was told to use the executive lounge on the top floor for which you have to wait for at least 10 - 15 minutes for someone to let you in (since those who work there seem frequently away) Clearly there seems to be a huge managerial problem. When I checked in the lady who checked me in told me breakfast and internet were included in my rate, a couple of days later, the waitress in the restaurant embarrassed me and literally told me in public that I have not been signing my breakfast bill ever since I came and that I need to see reception for that! When I went to reception the lady who checked me in was there and she actually denied ever telling me that the breakfast was included in my rate! Her manager told me that the misunderstanding was that the fact that rate was BB was written as a side note and they have not updated the restaurant system. I have waited for an official apology from the management, that unfortunately never came. If anyone from the global Hilton management is reading this I'd like to say that I do not appreciate the lack of integrity of some of the staff , nor the lack of professionalism of the management. I really hope you do something about it. This is by no means Hilton Standards!!

Room Tip: The rooms on left hand side seem to have a nicer view
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank engy a

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments.
I am truly sorry to hear about the disappointments that you have experienced during previous stays. I can assure you that we have dedicated ourselves to continuously work hard to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

This sparkling hotel makes quite a statement in Windhoek's subtle skyline. Hotel still looks brand new with its chic and modern design and decor. No outdated brass doorknobs here; this place makes you want to redesign your bathroom when you get home. Stayed here for a week on business. Rooms were large with a full size desk, bath, and separate shower stall. I requested to not have an adjoining room, but still got one. I was too jet lagged to bother moving, but would HIGHLY recommend that you avoid one as the noise from the next room will likely wake you up several times in the night. Housekeeping was great at the beginning, but toward the end of my stay, started to look too rushed, for example, taking the old bath mat and not leaving a new one.
The gym is sufficient, with a nice view. A few cardio machines, a universal, and free weights. The pool is very small, but the deck and view make up for it. Visit the Sky Bar or pool deck at least once during the day and once in the evening for views you won't forget.
Restaurant options are decent, service is typically on the slower side, and food is average. (Slightly over priced even by hotel standards, but cheap compared to the outrageously priced shoddy Internet service!) Operational bloopers, such as the room key access for the elevators not working or taking the stairs only to find yourself on another floor with no doorknob on the door to get out, caused me to scratch my head a few times in confusion and realize that not all of their actions are well thought out.
Overall, a good stay. The look and feel could rival the swankiest hotels of major cities across the globe, but kinks in service delivery and operations keeps me from giving this hotel a perfect score.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank LittleJoPeep

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
Our team has been dedicated to coordinate the needed training for the staff members to improve our guest experience.

Our goal is to deliver high-quality hospitality to every guest on every stay, starting from your arrival until your departure.

Reviewed 27 November 2012

We got upgraded to the diplomat suite 2 times for a total of 4 nights! Superb. The business lounge is great and even helped me find a replacement camera for mine that was ruined in the sand storms of Souslavesi dunes. Well done.
roof top pool small but suitable for a dip and some sun overlooking the town. Very central to all museums and main shopping street....about 5 min walk. Front desk was awesome.
For 150 bucks a night including the lounge breakfast, lunch an dinner what else could you want. One of the best Hiltons and I have stayed at a few as a diamond member. Keep up the good work Namibia!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Megan Candice D, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I will share your review with our management team.

PA to the General Manager