“Hilton windhoek”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Windhoek
luderitz, Namibia
“Hilton windhoek”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

excelent hotel. very friendly and helpfull staff and a very good price. they also gave us a nice special gift for our wedding aniversary when we checked in. i will definitely be booking at and recommmend the hilton again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Teun79, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and I am pleased to see you had a nice experience at our hotel.

We look forward welcoming you back in the future to our hotel.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had reservations to stay in the Hilton but there was a labor strike so I was put in another hotel down the street. When I arrived in Windhoek I was notified that the strike was over and I was back in the Hilton. The hotel is beautiful and so was my room. My room was located on the 6th floor with a great view of the city. Everything in the room worked and I did not have any issues or problems with my accommodations. The staff was very friendly and polite. The hotel has an excellent breakfast buffet. I ate in the main restaurant three nights and the steaks and braised pork belly were excellent! On the 9th floor is a roof top bar call the sky bar. The views were wonderful and it is a great place to watch the sunset.

I am not sure if it is true or not but I charged one of my meals to my room and I let the waitress know I was leaving a tip on the room tab. She told me not to do that because the management takes ALL the tips that are left that way and on credit cards and divides them among all the waiters. If this is true, I am not happy because my tip is for the individual that waits on me...not those that did not provide me the service. I ended up bringing her cash the next day so she would get it.

Also, I had to pay N$185 ($18.50 US) per day (24 hours) for WiFi. This was crazy! Come on Hilton.

Room Tip: For views choose a higher floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Teun79, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, 20 December 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are pleased to see you came to the hotel once the industrial action was over.

We are also very pleased with the positive comments you have provided.

My apologies if the price for the Internet was not to your satisfaction.

We do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Lugano
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed a few days in this nice new hotel. The staff were friendly but u able to help when there was a problem. Our room was very noisy due to the water system but the staff continually ignored the request for a different room.

Internet is very slow and far too expensive.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Teun79, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, 20 December 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback.
My apologies for the noise you experienced and the lack of responds from our team members to move you to another room. If you would like to send me more details I can make a follow up regarding the room as well as the team on duty. My email is teun.engbers@hilton.com

Walvis Bay, Namibia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hotel is stunning and so are the rooms. Service in Bar and Restaurants is terrible. Staff watching TV, or just plainly ignoring guests while waiting to be served. Nightclub on the same premises and music keeping you awake most of the night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Ralph C
Teun79, Director of Operations at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very m,uch for your feedback and positive comments about the hotel and rooms.

My apologies for your experience in our outlets and noise from the night club. I will share this with the team and we will follow up on these issues.

We do hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The only hotel in Namibia that I know that charges guests for WiFi. N$75 (US$7) per hour. When I complained to Reception, the staff said "We agree with you. WiFi should be free for guests". A tour operator standing next to me said that several of his clients had also complained. C'mon, Hilton, up your game!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tom V

Thank you very much for your feedback.

It is our company brand standard that Internet is charged for but we are in the process of implementing changes regarding the public areas.

My sincere apologies if this has effected your experience with us.

We do hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Lovely surroundings, in a quiet part of the city, helpful staff, great food, fantastic rooms. Sky bar & roof top pool are a lovely addition. Mini bar is well priced so dont be shy. Executive lounge is as lovely scerene environment. And a nice place to meet fellow travellers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Teun E, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time with us at our hotel during your recent visit. Looking forward to Welcome you back very soon.

Best regards,
Teun Engbers - Director of Operations
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Check in was great. Aubry was warm, professional and exceeded my expectation when providing assistance with check-in, internet access, etc. I enjoyed the Roof Top bar and the lounge/bar on first floor. (Service is poor in both areas. Thankfully, I was relaxed and did not have high expectation). My dinner at first floor lounge/bar was yummy. Disappointments. - Noise in room. A guest in an adjacent room made a phone call in the foyer. I heard every word - the walls and doors are not thin. - Room service. I contacted House Keeping, Room Service and the Reception Desk for a bottle opener. I wanted to enjoy a drink from the mini bar but needed an opener. 30 minutes and several phone calls before I received bottle opener and then he wanted a tip. - I asked the Concierge to assist with a dinner reservation. They forgot. No reservation was made. - At check-out, my bill for the business meeting was ambiguous (staff struggled to discern bill) and included several errors. They argued amongst themselves and argued with me. It was a poor end to the trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Lisa A
Teun E, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Guest

On behalf of the Hilton Windhoek team thank you so much for your feedback, we are pleased to hear that Aubrey exceeded your expectations. Our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. I have shared your feedback with all the relevant Management so as to follow up on and ensure we deliver the service expected from us.

Kind regards,