“Hilton Hotel Windhoek”
Review of Hilton Windhoek

Hilton Windhoek
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Windhoek
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Generally speaking hotel B&B accommodation in Windhoek is expensive and not to an exceptional quality. The Hilton Hotel far-and away breaks with this mold and is an extremely high quality established, comparable to any high class establishment in any major City of the world. Well done and keep up the high standards you have set.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Teun79, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback, great to note that you enjoyed your stay and the services delivered by us. Trust that we will welcome you back for more memorable stays in the near future.

Teun Engbers - Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The lobby and the restaurant look nice but the rooms are not 5 star. They are 2-3 star at the most. The rooms were not very clean and smelled a little. There was a break in the water lines contaminating the whole system and no one seemed concerned! We couldn't shower, brush our teeth, wash our face or eat anything that was washed or cooked with the water. We had to ask for bottled water to at least brush our teeth. We had a room booked to stay there on our way out of the country 8 days later. I canceled it. It cost me double to book another hotel last minute but their lack of concern for bacteria in their water system made me wonder what other standards are so low???

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard A
Teun79, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest

We apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is by far not the service we deliver to our guest and stand for. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience experienced with the water in your room. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need any assistance in the future.

Teun Engbers -Director of Operations

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great hotel, everything is perfect except that they dont have free Wifi, you pay for it and that shouldn't be the case in 2014. The club downstairs music can be distrubing but nothing to worry about. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback, pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Apologies for the inconvenience experienced due to the music from El Cubano however we are happy to note that we will welcome you back for more memorable stays with us in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

It's a very nice place, clean and loved the buffet breakfast.
I liked its security measures, where only hotel guests had access to floors with rooms. Also loved the safe that was very convenient.
My room was spacious and had enough working space, which was very convenient for my visit.
I didn't have to bother about looking for safe cab to take me around.
I would definitely visit next time am in windhoek.

• Stayed: August 2014
Teun79, Manager at Hilton Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest

Trust that you are well,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, great to hear that you loved it all. Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is magnificent hotel great for businesses traveller.its classy and has all what you need when doing business in Namibia.

with rooftop poolside , its all what you need at the end of the day relaxing and reflecting on how your day would have progressed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for the positive feedback, happy to note that you had a pleasant stay. Trust that we will welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

good hospitality,good accommodation,good food overall good experience staying in Hilton worth paying what we paid but if its more competitive then other competitors more people attract and prefer to stay in Hilton Windhoek.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your feedback, happy to read that you loved your stay with us. Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed there for two occasions, both times for three nights. The airportpickup was fine, yet when I arrived to the hotel during the aerly hours they claimed that they had given my room away.. Since I arrived early in the morning I booked the room for the night before - it was prepaid and the reservation also had a note telling about my late arrival. Plus of course the hotel managed my pickup so they should have been well aware of my arrival time. After a serious argument they gave me the room. It was hot, really hot.. I called the reception and they sent someone from maintenance up. The guy said that AC can only be switched on for the whole floor and since it was freezing outside he would really not want to do that. Ok, I asked if he could turn it on later, he said yes but of course this was the end of the story, I checked out for a weekend in Etosha and came back two days later and again - they claimed that they do not have my reservation.. even though I had a prepaid voucher that I presented to them. This time I only got the room as I had to present at a seminar that took place in the hotel the next day.. But when I got to the room it was not cleaned. So down I went again.. This night I also got some free entertainment as there as a nightclub somewhere below my room (not sure whether it was in the hotel but the music was loud)

Now it was not all negative though. Rooms are ok, bed is comfortable. Room service food was good and not expensive. Internet is decent. Breakfast was very good. The hotel has a nice rooftop bar and a small swimming pool. Conference facilites are ok.

I rate this property as poor simply because there was way too much mess for my stays.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Koit

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us, on behalf of the team at Hilton Windhoek my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We will most certainly follow up on these areas to ensure that we provide you with the standard of services expected from us. My apologies once again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need any further assistance on teun.engbers@hilton.com