“Love it!”

Ranked #1 of 135 Restaurants in Windhoek
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A lovely venue, a fine selection of private cellar wines and exclusive rights to serve the premium meat produce of Namibia!
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We've been living in Windhoek for just over a month and this is decidedly our favourite restaurant! Great atmosphere, extremely friendly staff, great managers who will go to extra lengths to put a table outside for you, check everything's ok and make it a truly delightful dining experience. Even though the menu is not extensive, we go every week. The smoked salmon starter and fillet as a main recommended, and try the cheese cake!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The wine bar might well be good ?- but this restaurant CANNOT be the number one in Windhoek, my old home town. Shame on the owners! Where were they on Tuesday evening the 8th October 2013 when my husband and I "experienced" what was meant to be a romantic dinner but was nothing short of a circus in shocking non-delivery? Their selection of sparkling wine and champagne by the glass was nothing short of bitterly disappointing - sub-standard is the description. Good to excellent South African MCC's are too numerous to mention. I am happy to share my knowledge with the owners sometime. Champagne and sparkling wine is my passion. My husband and I waited 1 hour and ten minutes for our main courses - was Chef on strike that evening? Next time in Windhoek we will choose another restaurant. We booked through our SA travel agent - Mr Gordon Harrison of Travelagain - well in advance. Perhaps the owners need to sort out their kitchen times????

2  Thank Bongitole
michael_Stellenbosch, General Manager at The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Good Day Bongitole

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro. Your comments and criticism are received and dully noted, and will be reviewed and applied so that we may improve on the product that we deliver to you - our valued guests.

We do our utmost to ensure that all our customers are well received, enjoy their time spent with us and leave with a smile on their face. On this particular evening we were exceptionally busy but were also acutely aware of the fact that your choice of Salmon Niçoise and Fillet Burger were taking an extended period of time to be served. While I do recognise that an apology and explanation from our manager did not resolve the timing concern; I can assure you that your order did receive the utmost attention and care as was evident in your expression to our manager of the enjoyment of the dishes served to you.

In terms of our Champagne and Méthode Cap Classique choices; we do only serve one Méthode Cap Classique by the glass, namely the Villiera Tradition Brut, but do serve a further 6 MCC's and 5 Champagnes by the bottle. In our selections we do try to cater to a broad spectrum of tastes but I do recognise that our selection may not always cater to each and every individual's desires.

Although I was not on duty on this particular evening, I too would like to once again apologise for the extended waiting period that you experienced and also for the fact that we could not provide you with your particular choice of Méthode Cap Classique. We will most certainly appreciate your input in this regard and look forward to our future communications with a few selections and suggestions on how to continue to improve our guest's experience.

We look forward to you hopefully joining us again in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Michael Smith

Email: michael@thestellenboschwinebar.com
Cell: +264(0)81 668 4572
Tel: +264(0)61 309 141
Fax: +264(0)61 309 142

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This appears to be a quality wine bar with a poor quality restaurant grafted on. The food I was presented with, prawns in tempura was reasonably presented but the waitress was surprised when I asked for a finger bowl. The Lamb shank was presented poorly had just been heated in a microwave before plating and had little to recommend it in texture and flavouring. This is most decidedly NOT the best in Windhoek if you want am eal, it might be if you only fancy the plonk

2  Thank Ian S
michael_Stellenbosch, Manager at The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Good Day Ian S

Thank you very much for your patronage and also for taking the time to review The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro. It is through the constructive feedback from our guests such as yourself that we may hopefully continue to develop and better our customer experience.

I would firstly like to take this opportunity to apologise to you for the less than satisfactory dinning experience that you encountered here with us this month.

A restaurant is a delicate balance of a number of elements that must be constantly focused on so as to consistently provide the best possible dinning experience to you, our valued guest. Unfortunately we dropped the ball on this occasion and did not deliver to you the standard of excellence that we so greatly aspire to and for this, we do apologise.

I would like to extend an invite to you to again dine at The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro so that we may deliver to you the true Stellenbosch experience. Please feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss your dinning experience in greater detail but also so that we may arrange a future reservation for you.

I look forward to our future correspondence.

Kind Regards

Michael Smith
Manager

Email: michael@thestellenboschwinebar.com
Cell: +264(0)81 668 4572
Tel: +264(0)61 309 141
Fax: +264(0)61 309 142

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I love this place, the location is lovely, service impeccable (waiters are fast and well trained) and food delicious(from appetisers to desserts-cheesecake.. Mmmmm)...i promised myself to pay them a visit once a week. A must in Namibia.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

On my second visit to this wonderful establishment, I can easily say that the quality of the service, atmosphere and food will remain unchanged. The menu caters for all tastes and the flavour profile of the food is outstanding. You are always served with a smile and all staff are helpful. This is the type of establishment that you can go to for almost any occasion, although children may find the atmosphere too relaxing and may be bored. The wine selection is not large, but quality trumps quantity in this regard. Definitely a dinner I would like to repeat.