“Overall wonderful experience”

Ranked #1 of 140 Restaurants in Windhoek
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A lovely venue, a fine selection of private cellar wines and exclusive rights to serve the premium meat produce of Namibia!
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The two of us could not have been more pleasantly surprised with an evening at this restaurant. The setting, the service and the overall ambiance were all wonderful. No, I cannot say this is "one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant". It is not a "gourmet" meal. However, there is a giant selection of South African wines. Local Windhoek brews. Wide selection of menu choices. A great setting. All in all is one of the brightest and enjoyable dining outs we have ever had. Do not miss it when you are in Windhoek.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was my first restaurant experience in Namibia. An elegant place with a nice, cozy yard. Great choice of food, I had lamb and it was excellent. Good wine too! I was there at the start of a group travel through Namibia and the other 7 people in my party were also very enthusiastic about the food. Service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Located in a nice inner courtyard, this restaurant offers a refreshing atmosphere. The meals were nicely arranged on the plates, but didn't taste like expected (the chicken on the salad tasted a little bit like burnt, I didn't like the Dressing too much).

1  Thank Veronika K
michael_Stellenbosch, General Manager at The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Good Day Veronika K

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Stellenbosch Wine Bar and Bistro. A review such as yours is not always easy on the ear but is very important to us as it allows us to recognise facets of our business that require attention and improvement.

As food is the heart and soul of any restaurant it certainly is something that we place a primary focus on. In this regard I have brought your concerns regarding the Grilled Chicken Salad to the attention of our chef so as to ensure that when it is prepared it is not too charred and maintains a moist texture and intense flavour. I have also emphasised that our waiting staff indicate to guests that it is a flame-grilled item and that they should expect a char-grilled flavour.

Feel free to contact me should you have any further queries or wish to again make a reservation for a dinner spent with us.

Kind Regards

Michael Smith

Email: michael@thestellenboschwinebar.com
Cell: +264(0)81 668 4572
Tel: +264(0)61 309 141
Fax: +264(0)61 309 142

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had a lovely meal at Stellenbosch Bistro last weekend. The menu is limited but with a good selection. I ordered the pork belly which was very good. The service was friendly. The only negative point is that the placemats were very dirty.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

As a final goodbye to Namibia, my collegues and myself went out to Stellenboch. We were seated right infront of the door as that was where they reserved our table. We were freezing cold and although they were fully booked they ensured we got our table away from the breeze. The menu has great varieties and the food is very appetizing. Very happy with the friendly service we received...