Review Highlights
Guided tour of Namibia including Etosha, down to Solitaire and returning to Windhoek

Our guide was Lawrence. This gentleman is exceptionally knowledgeable and well informed about his... read more

Reviewed 3 October 2018
John H
Bedford, United Kingdom
Holiday of a lifetime

Our tour operators Expert Africa used Karibu safari for our 12 day holiday in Namibia and we are... read more

Reviewed 29 July 2018
LouCradd
Birmingham, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Windhoek
from US$24.85
More Info
from US$28.40
More Info
All reviews cold beer skeleton coast bucket shower fascinating country wonderful guide mechanical issues vic falls holiday of a lifetime namib desert land cruiser spectacular scenery black rhino day tour wonderful trip southern africa lawrence viewing
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had a group of 8 around the same age and our guide was Lawrence, The poor guy put up with a lot, but we had great fun, Great lodges, the truck broke down and we stayed in a great lodge Mushara and after that Mushara Bush Camp. We had 12 days and 4 days in tented accommodation which was fantastic in the middle of nowhere. Thank you Lawrence and staff and also thank you to the group for making this trip absolutely fantastic, Good Food, great game viewing and lodges and a great experience, loved Namibia with its kind people , great food and good service. All up it was a 12 day safari, lodges and tented accommodation from Windhoek to Windhoek, well worth it

Date of experience: October 2013
1  Thank Wytske C
Reviewed 5 October 2013

It doesnt appear karibu have a listing for their Botswana branch, so ill post my review here.

Four of us went on an authentic mobile safari with Karibu through Botswana and it was truely amazing.

Our guide Lenty, had exceptional knowledge of the areas and its wildlife and definately added to the exceptional experience. Would highly reccomend Karibu over self driving or other safaris as there is so much more to gain from the experience of the guides that would otherwise be missed.

Although camping in tents, a high level of luxury is offered that other mobile safaris do not offer, including portable toilets instead of holes in the grounds, warm bucket showers (even if the evenings are somewhat cool), and extremely comfortable bedding.
Our chef was amazing and prepared the most tasty, flavoursome meals well above the expectations of what you could imagine from being cooked on a camp fire.

Fresh bread was made and baked daily and tasted amazing.

All the support staff were excellent and did an amazing job setting up and pulling down our camp in the extreme heat. The camps were always set up and ready before we arrived.

Would highly reccomend Karibu to any one considering Safaris in Africa, and highly reccomend Botswana due to its high number of wildlife. Definitely increases your chances of seeing the animals.

Date of experience: September 2013
5  Thank Paul_Anthony_Ct
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Just back from a safari with Karibu Safari I went on their 16 day Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe trip the majority of the trip is in Namibia. Namibia is a fascinating country with spectacular scenery and wildlife. The orange sand dunes around Sossusvlie at sunrise and sunset are surreal with their sharp outline and constantly changing colors – great for photographing. I really liked the mix of scenery and wildlife that this trip presented – 2 weeks of wildlife would be a bit much for me.
This was my first camping type holiday and I really enjoyed it – a fantastic way to experience a safari especially the sounds you hear at night and the early morning starts.
I was very impressed with the Karibu staff our guide Dilphin and his assistant Justice they were professional friendly and knowledgeable on all aspects of wildlife, regions and people.
The trip finished up at Victoria Falls the scenery around the falls was fantastic but the town was disappointing overpriced for the standard and a lot of hassle from street vendors. I had booked a few extra days here when one would have been enough. Did the white water rafting it was very enjoyable.
I booked the trip through a London based operator 'Wild about Africa' I found them very knowledgeable and helpful, they sent me a very detailed literary, maps and some great advice in their pack.

Date of experience: June 2013
9  Thank KenMcG_12
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We returned home on Saturday and had the remainder of the weekend to reflect on the marvellous trip we had in Namibia, arranged through Wild About Africa. All the arrangements worked faultlessly, and South African Airways were courteous, efficient and punctual. The tip with Karibu Safaris was fantastic with a brilliant guide, who was hugely informative, supportive, with a brilliant sense of humour and a very safe driver. All the accommodation was excellent and the camping superb. We journeyed in a small group of six with two Belgian and two German travellers. Karibu are a highly competent and professional organisation who are accomplished, supportive and instilled confidence. We found Namibia inspiring with wonderful people and could not recommend the experience too highly.

Date of experience: June 2012
7  Thank Gwrgwyr
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I recently went on Karibu's Classic Safari through Namibia. I thought Etosha and the animals there would be the highlight of the trip, but I was wrong. Karibu's carefully planned itinerary showed me so much more of this amazing country, and allowed me to experience a variety of adventures from watching the silent majesty of elephants, to the sheer joy of running down a steep, soft, sand-dune. The guides are interesting , knowledgeable and fun. Their wonderful campsites and camp staff made me feel pampered and comfortable, so I could cope with the heat of the day. (Love those cool cloths at the end of the day!) The pop-top safari truck let me get close to the animals and take some great photos. Loved the whole experience...can i do it again?

Date of experience: October 2011