“hidden gem”

Villa Moringa Guesthouse
Ranked #13 of 101 Windhoek B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We spent a couple of nights here before heading off to our safari and must say we felt extremely welcome, taken care of and safe. The breakfast was excellent, the room was very cute and most of all the staff was friendly and accommodating beyond!
Can warmly recommend!

Room Tip: The room separated from the main house was amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I actually stayed at Villa Moringa during May of 2013 and never had a trip advisor account so i hadn't left a review but upon stumbling upon this gem i felt compelled to tell people of my stay! I can honestly say that this guesthouse is by far the best establishment i have ever stayed at! Not only because of the quality but the service - surpassed my expectations. I stayed one night before and after a volunteer project i did over a year ago and my first night was extremely overwhelming and emotional. After a 13 hour flight from the uk by myself, my first solo travel at 19 years old, i was extremely emotional upon arriving at the villa moringa. I was greeted by Janine who looked after me like a friend rather than a hotelier and taken to my room which can only be described as luxury. Beds were so comfy, shower facilities top notch and cleanliness was faultless. But what stood out for me was the help Janine gave me when i had a mini crisis of not packing my tablet charger which seems trivial now but with no contact with my family for a month and no way of informing them of my arrival this felt like the end of the world to me. I went down in tears asking for help and Janine tried all her chargers and allowed me to use her laptop to contact home and quickly got organising a taxi to pick up a charger from the town early that morning. This was more than i could expect from a guesthouse and i can truly say it made a huge impact on my stay in Namibia. Without Janine i would have started a big adventure with a very bad mindsrt and for that personal touch alone i would recommend Villa Moringa to everyone. You will not be dissapointed with anything.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at Villa Moringa after 2 weeks of safari. It was really great, just what we wanted and needed. Great rooms, great service and a delicious breakfast. When we arrived in the evening Janine already had enquired about reservations for a restaurant in town, witch suited our expectations- a nice place with good food. They also have a nice souvenir shop. For us it was to most pleasant way to say "Good Bye" Namibia.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We spent 2 nights here on our way back to South Africa. The rooms were very spacious and tastefully decorated. The location is in a residential area, and unfortunately the incessant barking of the dogs next door were a disturbance. Other than that the breakfasts were really good and extremely tasty. Janine was always around to offer advice. The establishment also has its own restaurant and though we did not partake of the food the menu offered lovely cocktails and great food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed at Villa Moringa for two nights at the end of our trip. Best thing about the place is the staff. They are incredibly helpful and friendly. We had dinner at Villa Moringa one evening and it was great Portuguese style food. We only asked if we could have dinner in-house in the late afternoon and it was no problem. Be warned portions are not small. Breakfast was also good. The external areas are beautiful with two decent sized pools. There are a number of external and internal seating areas to relax. Our room, no. 7, was very spacious with a big bathroom. The only downside was that the interior of our room felt a bit dated and there was no door between the WC and the bedroom. Some of the other rooms especially in the second building looked more up to date. Next time we would aim for one of those.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here April 26 th
for just one night on the way to the desert, after 24 hours of flight time. The room was very spacious, clean, in a resedintial area, and Janine was very helpful in getting us restaurant reservations. The location is nice,secure, and would definitely stay again. Breakfast was great with a nice selection of yogurt, breads, eggs, cereals, juice, etc. We would stay there again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Comfortable, clean, large rooms with two small pools, plenty of spaces to chill, a small, decent restaurant that serves lunch and dinners, with a decent breakfast included! Best to have your own transportation as its up on the hill! But the quiet, views, gardens, and pleasant staff make this place a jewel to rest and relax at after days of exploring the country before flying out!

Room Tip: We had big room 16 off of one of the kitchens where they serve lunch and dinner. Quiet early in morn...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple