Belvedere Boutique Hotel
Vineyard Country Bed & Breakfast(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$112
US$117
US$114
  • Pool
Arebbusch Travel Lodge(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
US$69
bedfinder
US$348
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewshonesty barbeautiful hotellovely bathroomswimming poolsmall hotelsitting areahome away from homean ideal placerooms are spaciousdouble roomcomfortable staynext morningone night staysecure parkingdrivewayfacilitiesrelaxation
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Belvedere is a beautiful hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There are several sitting areas around the property and near the swimming pool. The honesty bar is a great idea. Breakfast was very good and varied. Great coffee...The property is a bit out of the center of town but an easy cab ride to restaurants etc. which the staff will arrange. The peaceful beautiful setting made up for this easily. We had a small problem with the air conditioner in our room dripping but I think the mark of a good hotel is how they treat any problems and this was handled very well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeanne D, General Manager at Belvedere Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Guest

We thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us
We always appreciate it when guests take the time to reflect and write something positive

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was blown away when I arrived at the Belvedere. The staff were very friendly. They showed me everything I need to know and I loved the "honesty" policy they have when it comes to their alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. I stayed in two different rooms whilst I was there and they were both fantastic. The grounds are immaculate and you feel like you are miles away from anything because it is very peaceful. They made me feel very welcome and at home.

I really look forward to going back.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms only have either a bath or a shower, so make sure you ask which one has which.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Hi Vadele

Thank you for taking the time to write a very positive review!
It's always very much appreciated

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed the the Belvedere during our two week's trip through Namibia. In total, we spent three nights at this simply adorable place. The hotel is located in a very safe area and is easy accessible by car. Its architecture and interior design are held in a stunning lodge style. Our room was of very big size, featured an enormously comfortable bed and the shower was one of the nicer ones I've experienced so far. Every morning, we were excited to go for breakfast. Fresh juices, fresh fruits, tasty mueslis and freshly prepared omelets. Simply perfect! The hotel's staff were very friendly and helpful, always maintaining a healthy emotional distance. We also enjoyed the little pool and the adjacent veranda with its "help yourself" bar. A truly exceptional place that I would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests

We would like to thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at Belvedere
It makes us happy to know our guests departed happy and satisfied!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We found our stay at the Belvedere Boutique to be very enjoyable. It is located a little out of the centre of Windhoek which meant the room price was a little cheaper than alternative, inner-city options. We feel we made a good choice considering that a taxi ride to the centre is cheap and reliable.

The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. There was one occasion where our hot water wasn't working but this was fixed very quickly. The showers are very big and sanitary which was much appreciated after a long day of travelling. There is a mini-bar situated in all rooms and in the communal area which stocks, among other things, red/white/sparkling wines, Windhoek Lager, Savanna Cider, Coca-Cola, Apple/Grapetiser, fresh juices and bottled water in both still and sparkling. The drinks were very cheap which led to enjoyable afternoons in the sun when taking a break from our day excursions.

The staff were extremely friendly, talkative and couldn't do enough for us. The general clientele was a mixture of people making use of BB's business facilities, and families and couples there for leisure. We made use of the communal area, with comfortable seating, dining facilities and a selection of books and magazines. There is also a full-size tennis court available during the day.

Breakfast was simple but enjoyable, prepared in a semi-open kitchen and served buffet style. Belvedere Boutique doesn't have dinner facilities although it does provide a takeaway service. This consists of a booklet of local takeaway menus which can be ordered from the reception area. At no fault of Belvedere Boutique we did find this to be a little unreliable, with some takeaways being closed, not offering a full menu, accepting our order only to cancel half-an-hour later without explanation as to why. There are several restaurants a short taxi-ride away in the centre which are worth visiting.

We enjoyed the company of the hotel's pets - three friendly cats and an elderly Labrador - and we felt their presence really added to Belvedere Boutique's homely charm.

We would definitely recommend Belvedere Boutique to travelers in Windhoek looking for a comfortable, affordable and homely stay in Namibia's capital city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeanne D, Manager at Belvedere Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Gareth

Thank you so much for a great review! We always appreciate it when guests take the time
to write something positive, and to provide good guidelines for a next guest to follow

It was so nice reading about the pets you mention, and it was with great sadness that we
had to say goodbye to the Labrador, Nala a short while after your visit

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Since 2007, when I travel to Windhoek, I have been staying at this B&B. It has expanded since then and now offers larger rooms. It is the only place I will stay when I am in Windhoek. The rooms are large, nicely decorated with a homey feel, always clean, and they have great flat screen TVs and mini fridge's in the rooms. The internet works very well, and it is a quiet place to relax. There is also a small pool. The breakfast selection is nice, and there is something for everyone's taste. The staff are also very friendly, which is always nice when you are traveling alone on business. I have never stayed here with my family, however I do think they have family rooms (with bunk beds) However I am rating this based on my experience as a business traveller, and I would recommend this B&B without reservation - its my home away from home.

Room Tip: I think the newer building has slightly larger more updated rooms, however I have stayed on both sides and find all the rooms to be excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business