“Fantastic Place to Stay!”
Review of Hotel Heinitzburg

Hotel Heinitzburg
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Windhoek
Luanda
“Fantastic Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

In May I drove from Angola to Mozambique and stayed in this great hotel with a fantastic view over the city. Although I had not made a prior booking the hotel staff and Manager were very welcoming and helpful in accommodating me for one night. The hotel is quiet and very relaxing.
The hotel chef cooked me a fantastic meal with a starter courtesy of the chef. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, it has a nice garden and plenty of space to sit outside and enjoy the magnificent view it offers. Definitely a place to go back for a longer stay. Although a bit pricey, I do recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Windhoek be for leisure or business. Ideal for couples or family.

Room Tip: If you traveling with large pieces of luggage I recommend you choosing a room next to the reception.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Such a beautiful and unique building in an outstanding location. Rooms were beautifully appointed. Quiet and out of the way locale. Staff were friendly and helpful. Somewhat removed from downtown if you're a walker, and the hotel is at the top of a hill. However, very short taxi journey.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
toronto
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This lovely old castle has been converted into a Five Star Château.

The rooms appeared to have recently been renovated and upgraded.

service is outstanding.

on arrival we were greeted with a glass of Champaign, a Rose,and a small snack.

Rooms have wireless access which works quite well.

I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel on my next visit

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Luanda, Angola
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The rooms here are clean and decorated to a very high standard. I especially enjoyed visiting the restaurant and trying the tasting menu on offer... I wanted the same thing two days in a row!
However we did experience a few small problems. The hotel advertises wireless access from the rooms... But actually we had to sit outside the reception on the stone steps to access the internet to book our flights home. The reception itself is currently undergoing building works which aren't supposed to start until late morning.. But at 08:00 at breakfast there they were hammering away!
I also found the room smelled slightly like sewage if we left the bathroom door open - not ideal.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Windhoek, Namibia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I was really impressed with the service I was with my girlfriend and I was amazed how well they treated her. We made a reservation were allocated a comfortable table for two. We ordered drinks, the waiter poured the decanted water into my water glass which was impressive.
Our food order was attended to very quickly. We received a complimentary Ham and musroom starter that was very delicious. My Norwegian Salmon rates as one of the best meals I have ever had. Dessert was delicious and the speed and quality of service is exceptional. I trully appreciated being welcomed by the chef. At the end of the Evening my girlfriend received a beautiful Red Rose I was trully impressed by this attention to detail. Great service worth every dollar wow. The chef also confirmed if we enjoyed our meal. I highly recommend the restaurant at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kilkee, Ireland
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel was the first of our three week holiday and it set the standard. We got a wonderful warm welcome, and after 24 hours travelling the luxury was very comforting. All staff were friendly and very helpful. The food was excellent. We stayed for a second night on our last day in Namibia, and it is hard to believe but the 2nd room was even more luxuriousness than the first.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Windhoek, Namibia
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We went for a coffee and ice cream and spend a quiet afternoon,smoothest strawberry ice cream we had after a long time, service was good , portions are large and sumptuous .place is great ,location is excellent.Would love to go again for dinner.

Room Tip: Evenings should be very good with outdoor restaurant sitting
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family