Kalahari Sands Hotel is smack-bang in the centre of Windhoek, so everything is within easy reach. The hop-on bus departs straight in front of the hotel, at the tourist kiosk.
There is a great park accross the street from the hotel, great for a lazy afternoon stroll or just sit there and check out the city life.
I've found a great German restaurant about a block from the hotel, worth a visit! Ask concierce to make reservations.
Hotel itself has got spacious rooms, and is very neat. Pool on the roof a bit 'impersonal' was my experience. Great breakfast, though! Will definately return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the hub of the city center. The newly re-branded AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino offers you a place to pursue both business and pleasure. All rooms are decorated to blend into their earthy surroundings and there's only one aspiration: to give you an unparalleled hospitality experience. So wherever you're coming from and wherever you're going, let the AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino in Windhoek be your first port of call. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Sands Hotel And Casino
- Kalahari Sands Hotel Windhoek