This is a Sun International Hotel with a casino. The hotel is in a mall complex which has a great selection of stores on the ground level.The room was luxurious and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. my only complaint would be that the noise levels when there is a party on the roof terrace filters down to the rooms (roof terrace was on the 19th floor and I was on the 9th floor). I would stay there again and its a great venue for meetings and business trips as it is central, as compared to the Windhoek Country Club which is a fair distance out of the city centre.
I see that many people complained that the staff were slow. If one appreciates that this is Namibia and service is SLOW EVERYWHERE! People are not rude and bad at service - because they feel they are giving you the best service. The slowness is a cultural norm and one should expect this.
I also went to the SPA and it was excellent with very well trained therapists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the hub of the city center. The newly re-branded AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino offers you a place to pursue both business and pleasure. All rooms are decorated to blend into their earthy surroundings and there's only one aspiration: to give you an unparalleled hospitality experience. So wherever you're coming from and wherever you're going, let the AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino in Windhoek be your first port of call. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Sands Hotel And Casino
- Kalahari Sands Hotel Windhoek