Stayed at Kalahari 3 nights in August.
When I was booking the hotel I checked the reviews about it and some people complained about the service, usually I don't care about it but in this hotel is really a problem. Very very slow and disinterested, specially, desk staff. Breakfast is great, huge buffet with a good choice, but then again service is bad..it took minutes just to ask and get a cup of coffee.
Location is great, very central and only few minutes walking from shoppingmalls and main attractions in WDH. Rooms are good as well and bathrooms big and modern( shower and bath separated).
It could be an excellent hotel but even if you don't care about service you ll be disappointed about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the hub of the city center. The newly re-branded AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino offers you a place to pursue both business and pleasure. All rooms are decorated to blend into their earthy surroundings and there's only one aspiration: to give you an unparalleled hospitality experience. So wherever you're coming from and wherever you're going, let the AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino in Windhoek be your first port of call. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Sands Hotel And Casino
- Kalahari Sands Hotel Windhoek