So the hotel is mediocre and the staff is disinterested, but the deal with the internet is horrendous.
First, you can't get internet service at the front desk. You are required to go up a floor to the "business center." Like I said, it is almost as if they brain-stormed way to make accessing wifi as painful as possible. So either go up to your room to put down you luggage and come back downstairs to but an internet voucher, or drag all you stuff with you.
Then wait in line, because the process takes for ever and there is always a line. So then, it turns out that they give out vouchers at the front desk after the business center closes for hte evening. So I asked the clerk why they couldn't just hand out the vouchers when you check in, instead of fording everyone to go to a whole different part of the hotel? Her answer was "then what would I do?" So the hotel is essentially inconveniencing it's guests to make work for another employee to sell you internet service. It's anti-service.
Then choose an overpriced internet access plan from the menu. And if the system works they print you off a voucher that then lets you know that you have purchased "bandwidth shaped" wifi. Bandwidth shaped, in this case means that the network is throttled down to dial up speed.
Now you have spent 30 minutes to purchased internet that is painfully slow, kicks you off every twenty minutes and is overpriced. Thanks for making my stay miserable.
Post script - It took me three attempts to post this review, because the stupid, punish the customer internet service requires me to log in every few minutes.... aaarrrrrrrrghhhhhh!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in the hub of the city center. The newly re-branded AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino offers you a place to pursue both business and pleasure. All rooms are decorated to blend into their earthy surroundings and there's only one aspiration: to give you an unparalleled hospitality experience. So wherever you're coming from and wherever you're going, let the AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino in Windhoek be your first port of call. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your AVANI Windhoek Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalahari Sands Hotel Windhoek
- Kalahari Sands Hotel And Casino