Windhoek Country Club Resort
US$248
US$120
US$117
  • Pool
Arebbusch Travel Lodge(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$65
Hotel Thule(Windhoek)
US$172
US$128
bedfinder
Vineyard Country Bed & Breakfast(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$66
Orbitz.com
US$352
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsoystersthe newly refurbished roomsnice resortthe room service menuhome sweet homebuffet breakfast and dinnerpool areabusiness purposeseros airportlarge hotelgame meatmain restaurantone night staycomfortable stayreception staffroom was spaciousbusiness trip
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Almost in the City, but you feel like you are in the country. Nice open views and good vibes. Live entertainment maks you feel that you are getting room, good food and entertainment for the price of a room only.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sakkie58
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I mut admit that at the end of our tour, I thought that staying in the outskirts of Windhoek might be a mistake as we'd be away from the town and the "action". Well I was wrong, and left after 3 nights there thinking it was the best thing I had done. What a great place to chill out and wind down!!! The resort is a Hotel, Casino, Conference and Golf centre - with great gardens/grounds. It lies on the southern outskirts of Windhoek, next to the local airport. Noise is not a big deal. The foyer is quite large and impressive but - the check in was "disgracefully slow" - worst I've had for literally ages. One guy handling check in/out , guest queries and answering the phone ( which seemed to be the most important thing in the planet!).

We had room 104 on the ground floor looking out onto the pool and garden. It had a great walk out patio with chairs and a table. The room was modern and very nicely set out. We had twin beds with duvets that were very comfortable indeed, an A/C, flat screen TV, in room WiFi, sofa, desk with a mini bar( that was filled daily) tea/coffee makings, large wardrobe with plenty hanging space and a safety box.

Bathroom had shower/bath, large mirror, toilet - it was fine but could have done with a paint.

Overall the rooom was good.

Breakfast was an unbelieveable spread - oysters to freshly grilled steaks!!! I'd be shocked if anyone left it hungry. Fantastic spread of hot and cold food, nice breads, cereals, cakes etc etc - highlight of the day.

Ate dinner there the frst night - it was packed as there was a conference on. Everyone was having the buffet which looked good - so we decided to have the a la catre - big mistake as it was really slow. It took an hour to get our starters - and that was after I'd tracked down the maitre'd to complain. When it came it was very good, however.

The lobby bar (Tappers Bar) is a soulless place to drink - but prices are OK - a beer was N$ 45 and a glass of SAv Blanc was N$ 45.

Hotel is a N$ 70 one way trip into town - use SUNDAYS Taxis as you can call them to take you back to the hotel. Their service was excellent .

For lunch we walked to the golf club where prices were excellent and the food was good and served

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room looking onto the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Honisoiquimalypense
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Windhoek Country Club Resort is a big sprawling complex including an extensive garden.
basically it is a very nice place. Food and service are good, too.
And the shittle to downtown Windhoek is certainly a bonus.
(Book early, though!)
The strange thing is housekeeping. Somehow they manage that through most of the day someone is occupied with your room and it is quite impossible to be undisturbed.
But altogether not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank traex
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Room was a little old but relatively well maintained. The property's an entertainment complex with a casino and a golf course and so it's usually packed on weekend. Amenities wise, there's a small pool, a compact but well-equipped gym (with a very enthusiastic and friendly personal trainer), a convenient store, a casino, gift shop, tour operator and a on-premise restaurant.

The breakfast was mindblowing with a huge array of meats (pork chop, steak, beef kebab, etc... it's a full meal!) available on top of the usual American and continental breakfast selections. They even had fresh oysters available. The same restaurant also serves an awesome dessert buffet that's only ND35 or USD3.2.

My experiences with the housekeeping was not so great. They insisted on taking out my toothbrush out of the glass provided for rinsing everyday and just leave it on the sink. The turn down service was sporadic and for 3 days, the housekeeping refuse to wash my used glasses till I had to specifically instruct them to do so. The funny thing was that it got worse after I tipped him and I am a relatively generous tipper - my colleagues who did NOT tip at all got better service.

I also had a not so great experience with the pressing service. Somehow the prices that was displayed on the pricelist in my room (ND20 per shirt) was lower than what it cost now (ND30 per shirt). Obviously the lazy housekeeping forgot to change or update the laundry list to the new ones. Better yet, after ironing 4 shirts, I ended up with a bill of ND136 - even at the new prices, there was an additional ND16 that just came from nowhere and it's not service charge or VAT. In any case, this was rectified at the front desk when I checked out but still, it's reinforced my uneven experiences with this place.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the pool side. My room 105 faced the road....
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Raymond W
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Had an absolute blast, venue was stunning, clean and well taken care off. The staff were attentive and caring and always looking out for the guests experience, tour guide Gustav who has his business in the hotel foyer is an excellent guide and offers the best experience windhoek can

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple