“No words for the bestest place in namibia”
Review of Garnish Restaurant

Garnish Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 129 Restaurants in Windhoek
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: The only Indian Restaurant which provides Authentic Indian Cuisines In Windhoek, Namibia.Try & Taste "The Flavors of India" !!
Windhoek, Namibia, Africa
“No words for the bestest place in namibia”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

It is the best food joint I have seen here. I am a vegetarian I first went there and had paneer tikka masala. It was finger licking good.

Next time I visited there I asked for a spicy vegetable dish. They suggested me to have veg kolhapuri. And I must say that the taste is still in my mouth.
Then one fine day I decide to try non-veg dish. So I called the owner and told him to suggest me one. I really loved it. I thought I would never eat chicken, but ya after having it in Garnish, I say I will eat it there again.
The staff is very helpful. They try to make you cosy and make u feel at home.
The decoration done is typical Indian which enhances the fun of eating Indian food in a foreign place like Namibia.

• Visited July 2014

Casino, Australia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This Indian restaurant was so close to the chameleon backpackers, which was very convenient. The food was excellent and very authentic, and the prices were very reasonable. Would recommend to travellers.

“Great”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Windhoek has been waiting for an alternative food restaurant. This place is it! Tasty food nice atmosphere good service - A must visit.

Paris, France
“No apology for the Shrimp in the Chicken dish!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I loved eating at Garnish especially since the food is prepared fast and it had this 'no nonsense feel'. However, there are some factors that should be noted if you go there regularly. Recently when I ordered Butter Chicken, I found a huge Shrimp at the bottom of the dish. Then when I showed it to the waiter, I did not get an apology. He looked angry. Then he went and told the Indian boss ( the father who cannot speak English) and he also looked angry. A few minutes later the waiter brings back the dish with Chicken and he had added one piece of chicken where the one shrimp had been. No explanation was given. The dish which had been eaten half was returned to us with exactly the half of it filled up. When we were leaving I asked the Management ( the father) why there was shrimp in the Chicken dish. He spoke out of point looking upset saying some thing like 'No one complains of this restaurant, every one is happy'. Then I told his younger son ( who speaks better English) if he can atleast apologise for giving a shrimp in the Chicken and that in any other place, either they would provide a different dish or not charge this one. Then he looked surprised and said 'Didn't they cook it again for you?'. I told him that we had received the same dish 5 minutes later and it did not look as if they had made it again. Then he genuinely apologised although his father and mother were saying all the wrong things. This restaurant had better times in the past and without the English speaking sons, the father would be unable to keep the clientele. I just hope that they do not scrape the unfinished food of guests into the pot and dropped the shrimp by accident in the Butter chicken pot...

The breads are definitely tasty although they are expensive and between two people you easily pass 600 N$ for a meal. With desserts and fresh juices included we had a cheaper meal at La Bonne Table which is at the FNCC. The waiters at Garnish are extremely rude and I would think twice before returning to this place. But Windhoek has not much options and this is the only place so far where you can get Indian food.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank gitane_in_zim
Harpenden, United Kingdom
“Good Indian food with quirky service”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We booked a table for two an hour ahead but when we arrived, they had lost our reservation and the place was heaving. However, they soon found us another table (for four), then moved us to a second table (for two) before we ordered. Our food arrived quite quickly, but the main course arrived with the starter. However, we forgave them as they were so friendly and apologetic - and the food was so tasty and good value. It's not the poshest joint in town (just behind the Chameleon Packpackers Hostel), but it is rightly very popular and superb value.

• Visited June 2014