“Fantastic experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windhoek
Villa Vista Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 95 Windhoek B&B and Inns
Centurion, South Africa
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed for 3 nights, and found myself unwillling to leave. Koos and Fransette really made me feel welcome. The room was great! Spacious, clean and modern. A different breakfast was served every morning, and thought the portions may look small, I found them very tasty and quite filling. The view is grand, especially at sunset. I am looking forward to be able to stay here in the future. Thank you for making this a home away from home :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in this nice and comfortable guesthouse during our honeymoon in Namibia .
The structure is brand new with a fashion and modern design that we loved.
Rooms are huge and bathrooms too. The owners are really friendly and helped us with suggestions, bookings and all the things we needed.
A perfect place to stay in Windhoek

• Stayed September 2013
Windhoek, Namibia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Definitely not to be missed while travelling through Windhoek. Brand-new, beautiful and refreshing place, stylishly decorated with lovely details and personal touches! We had a truly restful and relaxing time. Our special thanks to Koos and Fransette, owners of Villa Vista, who made us feel truly welcome! Bedrooms are spacious and fantastically decorated. Beds are large and comfortable. Pillows and bedding are soft and fluffy. When in the morning sun was cheerfully peeking through our curtains it was hard to "crawl out and greet the day" - it was so cozy, so we just lingered-bit-longer! Mouth-watering breakfast served with finesse and imagination plus a good coffee was like a cherry on the cake in the morning! Our table was elegantly set on the large open-air veranda overlooking panorama of Windhoek. Villa Vista is conveniently located in the heart of Windhoek, near one of the main roads in the capital: just 10 min drive (including traffic) to the main shopping malls, and just a walking distance away to two popular and well-known restaurants (Kubata and Joe's Beerhouse). If I could "encapsulate" our Villa Vista experience: refreshing, stunning, elegant, intimate, restful, hope-to-visit-again, relaxing, one-of-a-kind-place, welcoming, cozy, outstanding, wow and much more!

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have direct access to a stunning swimming pool. Top floor rooms have a balcony, j...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Norwich
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The title of my review says it all. I concur with all the positive things said in other reviews. Indeed, those reviews persuaded four of us attending an international conference in Windhoek to stay at the Villa Vista Guesthouse. I was there for four nights; my colleagues for five.
We were charmed by the helpfulness of the owners, Francette and Koos. On my last morning, Koos even took me in his car to a local butchery to buy biltong, a southern African delicacy that my children crave. He even had his car on stand-by should my arranged pick-up for airport transfer not arrive on time. The boyfriend of their daughter even repaired my spectacles when one of the lenses fell out and I couldn't see a thing.

Just a few details. They now have ten rooms open. All are spacious and elegantly decorated. The predominant colouring in my room was steel grey and blue - not greatly warm but very elegant. The care and attention to detail is remarkable. I liked the back-lit modern mirrors, as well as the full desk by the window overlooking a small rectangular pool. A dip in the pool was so refreshing in the 30 degs C atmospheric temperature. The wireless internet worked well and is free. Each room has a fridge stocked with a variety of drinks – but they are absolutely happy to let you store your own drinks. I could go on and repeat the comments of others. The only down-side is that Villa Vista is a little difficult to find. Few taxi drivers know of it. The guesthouse is actually situated off Robert Mugabe Avenue to the NE of the central area of Windhoek. Because it is in an elevated position, you can sit on the terrace (where incidentally breakfast is served) and overlook much of northern Windhoek. One further plus is that Villa Vista is only a short walking distance from the locally-popular Joes Beer House where we ate several times. I thoroughly recommend and only hope the owners keep their smiles and warm welcomes.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, each with a sitting out area. But if you are on the lower level, you can hav...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sox299
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We've stayed three nights in Villa Vista. The guesthouse is brand new and well located. Rooms are well decorated, built in modern materials, like wood and glass, and it's perfectly clean.
The plus of Villa Vista is our host, they are lovely and very helpful. I recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucile_12
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I have been lucky enough to stay three nights at Villa Vista in Windhoek. I have never stayed in a guesthouse and/or hotel where the owners were as nice, kind and caring as Fransette and Koos.
First of all, each room is simply stunning (they're all different, although in the same style). I stayed in the same room, but Koos took time (four weeks later when I stopped by to say hi to them before leaving Namibia) to show me each one of them as I was interested in his choices in interior decoration. He has an eye for decoration. Each room is very spacious and peaceful. Koos goes as far as changing some decorating details depending on who will stay in the room (European vs. Namibian for example!). I stayed in Villa Vista as I was working in Windhoek and all I could think of the first night was that I wished I could work from my bedroom. There is a very large desk facing the window in each room. The internet connection is included in the price. Each room sends a beautiful peaceful vibe (I'll post pictures). Each one of them has a balcony facing the swimming pool.

Fransette cooks amazing breakfasts (different every day) and scrumptious biscottis (which she leaves in the room in a cute metal tin; needless to say I had some everyday).
The view on Windhoek is amazing. The dining area outside is the perfect place to read a book while sipping some tea or coffee (available in the breakfast room all day long). The location is great, very close to downtown, yet in a very quiet street close to the top of the hill (hence the beautiful view).

After my three nights at their guesthouse (I feel privileged for having been one of their first 20 clients) I stayed at someone's house in Windhoek, and later in another guesthouse which had been booked a long time before I knew of Villa Vista. I also traveled around Namibia for a few weeks. Not a single place was nearly as nice as Villa Vista (for the same price).
Fransette and Koos had been so wonderful to me (they took time to answer all my questions, to give recommendations -great recommendations!- for my journey across the country) that I went back to visit them with my sister before flying back home. They again demonstrated their amazing hospitality and although my sister didn't stay there, she felt it was the best place we had seen in the whole country.
I have no doubt that as soon as people find out about their guesthouse, it'll be difficult to book a room there at the last minute. I will always stay at their guesthouse any time I go back to Namibia and will always recommend any of my friends to do the same. I don't think it's possible to find such accommodation for that price in this beautiful country.
Note: this is a guesthouse, not a hotel. So don't expect room service (same thing in any guesthouse in Namibia). There are tea, coffee, biscottis and a fridge in each room though. However, without me even asking, Koos came to my room one day and asked if I needed a ride to the grocery store so I could purchase some food. And he drove me there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business