Tamboti Guest House
US$161
US$153
Agoda.com
US$126
Hotel Pension Uhland(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$55
US$323
Hotel Thule(Windhoek)
US$176
US$170
Hotels.com
US$106
Arebbusch Travel Lodge(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$107
Travelocity
Hilton Windhoek(Windhoek)
US$238
US$153
HotelQuickly
  • Restaurant
All reviewsone nightsafe placeplace to staywalking distanceolafziggytaxiguesthousecagenamibiagatesafari
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Last minute booking as my booking was missing at one of the major hotels in town due to a UN conference. Was assisted very fast and efficiently by the owners. Room was spacious enough for me ( travelling alone ). Bathroom was well appointed. TV had very selected options and was not tuned in properly ( could not do it myself ). Swimming pool was great! Wished I could stay longer to laze a day at the pool. Very well organised with shuttles, what to do, tours ect. Will be back as they are also reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I spent one night at Tamboti Guest House before heading north to Etosha park.

The location is good if you have a car. If you do not have a car you will have to take a taxi to go downtown (particularly after dark).

Our room was overlooking the swimming pool. It had a double bed, a table with chairs, a TV, a wardrobe, 2 bedside tables and a very big bathroom with a larger than usual shower.
The room is quite basic in terms that there is only the minimum you need, but ehi, this is a guest house, not a 5 star hotel!!!!
The only suggestion I have would be to add a kettle in the rooms, but I understand there is a coffee machine somewhere in the main building where you can get coffee / tea for a small fee (but we arrive late in the evening and I was too tired to go and look for it!!!!)

Our room had a large terrace (which we share with your neighbours) and was very quiet.

The garden of the guest house is very nice, with some wooden sculptures of animal (rhinos, etc).
There are also some "real animals": a couple of friendly dogs and some cats - but do not worry, if you are not a pet lover they will just ignore you... they seem to know who to go to!

We had breakfast in the morning and I found it quite good: the bread was really nice, so was the yoghurt. No complaints at all about it!

The lady who runs the guest house, a Namibian of German origins, speaks English and German and is very friendly and helpful - she gave us instruction on how to find a supermarket and a petrol station - she even drawn a map for us.

By the way, you can park the car in the parking space of the guest house (which is private and very secure) - and it is included in the room fee.

I would surely stay at this guest house again and I would recommend it to other travellers looking for a clean, friendly and affordable place to spend one night (or more) when in Windhoek.

But if you are looking for 5 star facilities, then go to the Hilton.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with kids ask for a family room (I saw the room of our neighbours, it was much bigger than ours, it had a sleeping area and a living area, so there is much more space). But for a single person or a couple a double room is more than enough!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I just came back from a trip to Namibia and stayed two weeks at Tamboti Guest House. It is a charming little place, with a sun-terrace overlooking the city and nearby mountains, a pool and small garden. The rooms are basic but very clean and the beds comfortable. They serve a good healthy continental breakfast and the owners are helpful and friendly. Tamboti is located about 15 minutes walk from the town-center in a quiet street and only a few minutes from a supermarket and small restaurants. From the view of price/quality, Tamboti guest house can be highly recommended.

Room Tip: The room under the office can be sometimes a bit noisy. I stayed in room Nr. 4 which was very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gloria20132013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is not the worst place you will stay or the best place but if you are looking for somewhere for a comfortable night upon arrival in Windhoek then this is the place. Breakfast is great and the bed was very comfortable. Shower was warm.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank weeksie501
Reviewed 22 July 2013

After reading comments from other "Trip Advisors" I was looking forward to visitings this B&B. My first disappointment was the room. Although clean and tidy it had a bit of a rundown look. Cracks in the wall and plaster peeling off. Breakfast was the worst that I had in my 22 day stay. The Rolls were stodgy (more like English/Dutch rolls), no eggs or bacon, not even a boiled egg on offer ! No Müsli. The coffee was pretty long in coming - just one pot for the whole of the breakfast room. I had the feeling they were trying to limit the number of cups !!!
I thought that I could have a lounge by the pool on arrival, but the sun lounges looked as if they hadn´t been washed in weeks. My bed was not too comfortable (no headboard) The bathroom only had one bath towel and no hand towel (all other lodges had both). For my two night stay the towel wasn´t replaced, again this was the only place where this happened. The only good thing I can say is that the B&B is not far from the town centre !

Room Tip: Don´t go in room 3
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo