“Great Hotel Alternative in Windhoek”

Guesthouse Terra Africa
Ranked #21 of 95 Windhoek B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Hotel Alternative in Windhoek”
Reviewed 15 May 2010

I placed a business traveller in the Terra Africa for three nights in May. He reported that the room was clean and comfortable, and the owners and staff were very professional and helpful. He particularly appreciated the late check-out he was able to arrange. I will use this location in the future to other business travelers. It was far more reasonable than most of the hotels, and much more pleasant.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank tilda54
Terra-Africa, Owner at Guesthouse Terra Africa, responded to this review, 23 October 2010
We love our corporate guests as so many of them have become like family... you know the likes and dislikes and the favourite rooms the best enjoy... Thank you for the feedback and we hope to welcome more of your guests and corporate clients at Terra Africa!
Regards,
Co-Owner & Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 April 2010

We stayed one night to catch a flight and would stay again on our next trip to Namibia. Nice place, good breakfast. Our room was very cute.. They could use a few less colored par fixtures in the garden at night.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marco0777
Dear Marco007,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'll play up the options of the garden lights "par fixtures" and then consider ;-) But until next time we meet, thank you for your feedback and lovely review. I appreciate it very much!
Kindest regards,
Rolf
Broome, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2010

lovely relaxing ambience - candles, music at night time
garden/pool area with different areas set up made it more personal and private
comfy beds
nice meal
lovely people, definitely recommend terra-africa for anyone looking for a place with character and a welcoming stay, thankyou Maria !

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank magoo48
Dear Magoo48,
I will most definately convey your message to my mother, "Marianne". Being a family business somehow makes Terra Africa more of an internatiol home than a guesthouse only I suppose - hence your comment. Thank you! We are always inspired to give a little more and with your sincerity, why wouldn't we want to give more!! Thank you and many blessings of light, love and laughter till next time we welcome you in the Terra Africa House!
Regards,
Co-owner & Manager
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 January 2010

stayed here during my first night at Namibia, this place used to be someone's family home but the kids grew up and so the grandmother (of young boys) turned this into a b&b.
My room faced the parking lot so I didn't have much privacy but I was only here for one night so wasn't a big deal, the room & the public space was nicely decorated, really just feel like you're crashing at a friend's place (met the grandchildren, daughter in law, & her son as well)
had a quite decent breakfast here but dinner at the Heinitzburg which looked more luxurious as a place to stay but would cost much more.
also preferred Terra compared to some of the other hotels I saw (while our driver dropped off guests on the last day of our tour)

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Anilegna
I'm glad the young ones didn't exhaust you too much!! LOL.
Dear Anilgena,
Thank you for your lovely feedback, and I am so glad you enjoyed and felt a part of the family, residence and enjoyed your stay with us!
Though you are very gracious in commenting on Room 4, as owners, we feel compelled to fix the single error in our residence, and that is this specific room, which also serves as Single Room. Pretty soon it will become office space, and so, next time you come over and crash at your "friends in Namibia's place", I hope you'll enjoy the new renovations, additions and changes we're bringing in to swoop up and polish down the "old lady" and give the Terra Africa House an even prettier "face" ;-)
Keep well and many kind regards till next time
Rolf
Worcester, England
Reviewed 29 December 2009

This hotel was well located just a couple of miles from the centre of Windhoek, and in close proximity to a shopping mall and eating places. It was easily accessible from the airport, which made it a convenient starting/finshing point for our holiday. The rooms were comfortable, practical and clean. The pool area was lovely, and relaxing. The breakfasts were minimal and without variety, but overall it was reasonably good value for money.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scorpian87
Dear Pauli77
Thank you for your valuable comments. We always take note of both Positive and Negative feedback and see how we can use it to our advantage and that our of guests in future.
Thank you for the lovely feedback on the rooms and garden/pool area and given a year passed since your stay, I can confirm the breakfast menu has changed a bit, but in line with market-related offerings.
As we expand next year, we look forward to our new kitchen and dinningroom AND exciting new food menu's as well!! We hope to see you in future so you can enjoy these with us!
Keep well and many many kind regards,
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2009

My son and I stayed at Terra Africa for three nights - one night on arrival and before our tour and two on our return. I chose it because of Trip Advisor reviews, it was not previously used by our tour agent. Hopefully beuase of my suggestions it will be.

Terra Africa is very clean and well appointed. Breakfast was good and the staff extremely helpful. They arranged for laundry and dry cleaning and kept some of our luggage whilst we toured.

Whilst we chose not to have an evening meal at the hotel they recommended suitable restaurants, booked them for us and also our taxis. There is free WiFi and free access to a computer . It has a very pleasant outdoor area with a small swimming pool. There is also secure parking if needed. This is all run by Rolf who is an excellent host and his great staff.

I would certainly return.

• Stayed November 2009
2 Thank LongHols
I remember your stay so well and still have fond memories thereof, as this was when we launched the Namibian representative choir and you supported, congratulated and sang with us in celebration when the choir visited Terra Africa!
You are truly a Namibian by heart and a member of the Terra Africa family and I hope that one day your travels will lead you back to us. Thank you for your great feedback, sharing your Namibian holiday with us and making Terra Africa and our Namibian culture a part of you heart!
Go well and many kind regards to your son!
Rolf & the Terra Africa team & Voices of Namibia Choir
Masterton, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I have just stayed at Terra Africa in Windhoek - two nights on arrival in Namibia and one night prior to departure. I would rate this guesthouse very highly. Very clean, excellent quality of room fittings, bed linen etc. Everything one needs provided, including free access to a computer for email access etc. Also a lovely outdoor area and swimming pool. Excellent breakfasts - and the one dinner I had was also very good. To top it off a wonderful host - Rolf - and good staff. Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank HayseedNZ
We value and treasure the wonderful experience of meeting guests from all over the world - a true blessing!
Thank you for your feedback and confirming you also enjoyed your time with us! Our philosophy is that Namibian hospitality is personal, fussy and memorable, even with high standards that one should always aspire to!
Your comments warm our hearts and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the personal thank you in there for me too. This makes sharing Namibian and Terra Africa hospitality with the world even more worth it!
We look forward to many years of successful hosting on Terra Africa standards, but moreover, we hope that some day we can welcome back yourself to visit in Namibia again!