All reviews recommend casa very comfortable stay visit windhoek first night sofa taxis namibia desk gym internet safari
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This "Spanish-style-hacienda" boutique hotel is a touch of southern-Mediterranean in Namibia, Africa! A bit surprising twist with such an southern-European touch, yet extremely welcoming atmosphere makes whole of the difference! Hotel was built on the private property and with time new rooms and architectural solutions were added to make it just more authentic and pleasurable. From what I learnt weddings take place there, as it is truly an exotic place...like tasting delicious food from far away country! I had a pleasure to meet and chat with the owners, who made me feel warmly welcome, leaving all their duties and "life-matters" on the side just to sit with me in the patio by the pool and share the glass of wine! (additionally, there is a la carte restaurant, bar, sparkling pool, outside area, view balcony, walking distance to shopping mall and 10 min drive to the center of the town)

Room Tip: Each of the rooms is different. I guess, if you have bit of time, you can ask a little tour of the hotel and if possible choose one of the rooms suiting you particularly.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I spent two separate nights at the Casa Blanca recently. The reception staff were all very nice and helpful...particularly Tonu who was on duty the first evening. I would have liked to have spent more time there as the courtyard areas really looked very nice. The restaurant looked nice, but I didn't have time to dine there. The first room was on the ground floor and quite good. On my return I had the honeymoon suite, no less, for the same room rate. This was decorated in a very moorish style. The bathroom had slate floors with some steps down from the bedroom, that you wouldn't want to try after a few drinks. The hotel is in a suburb not terribly far from the city, although Windhoek isn't a big city anyway..in response to the previous reviewer that said it cost NAD$50 for the taxi to the city, thats only about $6USD which is really petty good for the distance. All in all I found the Casa Blanca a pleasant, relaxing place and reasonable value. I would certainly stay there again when in Windhoek.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2012

A good place on the southern side of Windhoek. The owners have put together a delightful B&B out of a number of co-joined buildings in a very nice garden setting. Rooms are ample and pleasant, with both A/C and a fan. The staff was pleasant, friendly and helpful. We had dinner there also and took part in the weekly Sunday Bar-B-Que, which for meat eaters is full of options, which is fairly typical throughout Namibia.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the interior
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Just coming to the end of a 3 night stay at the Casa Blanca. Have to agree with a previous review about the owner being totally hands-off - we've barely caught sight of him since we've been here. This is our first trip to Africa, let alone Windhoek, and while we don't need handholding it would have been helpful to at least be given a map and some advice on how to get to the city centre (which is a NAD$50 taxi ride away, potentially a lot more if you catch one after dark, depending how confident you are at negotiating!) and more importantly, some recommendations on what to do and where to eat, etc!! The few guidebooks in the hotel seem to be at least 5 years old, and the staff that are around are very nice but clearly have their own jobs to do and are not in a position to help out with this. I asked one lady in reception about a restaurant I'd heard (online) was good, as I wanted to know if it was open on a Sunday - all I got was a vague 'hmm I've heard of it but don't really know anything about it' - no offer to call for us, or assist in any way, really! Breakfast is pretty reasonable with some nice breads, a few cold cuts, some processed cheese, and eggs and bacon cooked for you if you like. We took the set dinner menu one night which was pretty basic - tomato soup which may or may not have been out of a tin, a fish curry which was really excellent, but then dessert was tinned pineapple in jelly which I thought was a bit of a cop-out, given they advertise their food as being delicious. Also had the braai on the sunday because we'd had enough of being ripped off by taxi drivers going into the city; meat, couple of salads and garlic bread were good enough, but no starter, no dessert, they had absolutely no chilled wine on the premises, and this for NAD$125 per person. All in all they seem to be barely prepared for guests, I felt like we'd turned up unannounced or something. Rooms are good and ours was very spacious; the property is pretty, lush and peaceful, with a small plunge pool and a couple of nice courtyards - there is potential for this place to be really excellent, but there seems to be zero interest in providing service beyond the basics.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DohaOtter
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We were passing through Windhoek to visit Etosha so we wanted a hotel that served dinner. I emailed the owner who responded saying 'Yes we do serve dinner'. I then emailed back asking to book the night of the 18th September. When we arrived late in the afternoon we asked the receptionist when was dinner only to be told 'we don't serve dinner on Saturday nights'!
I produced a copy of the owner's email so she phoned him and he tells her to tell us that he didn't notice that the date was a saturday and that we should go across the road to the shopping mall where we can have dinner at a steakhouse!
That night there was a party at one of the houses behind the hotel and the noise went on for hours - we pity the people that were staying at the back of the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple