“good african food”

Price range: US$34 - US$76
Cuisines: African
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: African & Western Cuisine with Namibian and Angolan Specials Family Restaurant and Children welcome Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Party Platters Cocktail Events Buffets Wide variety of Vegetarian cuisines Corporate and Private functions Outside Catering Launches & Year End Functions Take Away Service Fully Licensed Bar Cigar Bar Wifi available
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I always enjoy eating here - have never had a bad or even average dish, LOVE the chicken Mafwe. Prawn dish was lovely but not very big.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

I live in Windhoek and for me this place's only to give me a feeling of home cooked food. am not realy a eatout person but when i go to La marmite, i feel am eating real home food.

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Another great local restaurant with speciality dishes from northern Africa and beyond. The interior and vibe is also very African.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I travel to Windhoek quite a bit and this is one of my favourite places. The staff are really friendly and the food (traditional African) to a very high quality. The vegetarian options are numerous and the very tasty. You can park nearby, or walk there its 5 minutes from Protea Thuringerhof on Independence.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I order the okra chicken, and although I enjoyed the taste, there was hardly any chicken in it. There were a few boney pieces and the dish itself was small. I was hungry afterwards. I was rather disapointed, because although it was nice, I felt like I could get a better meal at UCT campus where there is a African food stall. And for a chicken meal that hardly had any chicken in it, it was really pricy. I paid about N$90 for the meal.