“Right pricing... ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sinoni Lodge
Ranked #5 of 325 Speciality Lodging in Abuja
“Right pricing... ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Simply neat and ideal for short stays. Clean sheets, clean restroom, breakfast not great. Great location for the pricing in central Abuja. Quite a number of dinners around. It's also easy to pick a cab outside the hotel. If you are looking for a basic neat hotel within abuja - you are in the right place.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Seun O

Couples
Pisa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I had to stay in Abuja for two weeks. A Nigerian colleague suggested the Sinoni lodge as a good middle way between cheap but not so reliable guest houses and expensive Hotels for expats. As other reviewers noticed, Hotels in Abuja are expensive and even the Sinoni is not cheap, especially if you need a large room (I was sharing the twin room with my colleague). I fundamentally agree with the review below: the Hotel is decent in almost all respects, the rooms are nice and clean, the restaurant is also ok and there is a reasonably priced laundry service. The Wuse II neighbourhood is also a good location if you need to move around the city. There are however some issues that need improvement. They have a very strange internet policy - my computer at one point got disconnected by the IT technician for alleged internet overuse (which meant downloading a small software and doing a couple of skype calls). The staff are friendly but they seem not to understand that they cannot phone the clients for everything (such as giving you a few dollars change or telling you that your laundry is ready), especially early on saturday morning! The free breakfast is very disappointing, as it consists in bread and butter plus food that at least to me is uneatable in the morning (such as tomato sauce full of palmoil). As the reviewer below has already observed, be prepared to have cash - their machine works only with local debit cards. It may be a bit annoying, especially considering that Nigeria has a policy of 60 000 Naira limit for all cards and ATMs, including foreign credit cards, but luckily there is a bank 100 mt from the Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank juliet_p83
Barbados
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I booked the hotel after finding the review here.
To be honest I was shocked at the cost of hotels in Nigeria and suppose every other visitor is there on business. I was there on holiday.
I booked the room online for 2 people but never managed to get a confirmation of my booking and when I called I was told everything was ok.
I arrived at the hotel and yes everything was ready for me but they ended up putting me in one of their 'royal suites' so I ended up with a king size bed and two single beds. Of course I was paying a lot more than I had expected but I didn't have a choice.
The apartment was fine, though I didn't really need 3 TV's. There was a fridge and kettle so I could get a few snacks and water in stock. 2 bedrooms, separate living room, bathroom.
I felt very secure there which is something I wanted, there were always people about and it seemed to be in a good location Wuse 2 and handy for most places in a short taxi ride.
Their credit card machine never worked so each morning I had to go to the ATM and withdraw 60000 Naire which was a real pain having 60 notes in my wallet.
I had a slight problem with water leaking from somewhere in the bathroom and this was never fixed while I was there but the boy who cleaned my room made sure everything was spotless. There was plenty of hot water and the AC was blowing an artic wind when it was switched on. The bed was comfortable. Continental breakfast was included but not sure why they bother. One day it was just bread and tea or coffee which I had in my room anyway. Another day it was yam chips (fries) with a sauce.
There was good free Wi-Fi which was handy for me as I still have to work now and again when I travel.
I'm a bit undecided as to mark this property as average or very good. Neither seem suitable, I'd prefer to be somewhere in between.
Unusually for an English visitor this was purely a holiday visit.

Overall I would be happy to stay there again but I'd try and ensure that I don't end up with such a large apartment. I'm still not sure if there were no other rooms available or they just told me that.
I'd give it the thumbs up compared with some places and if you want to avoid the expensive chains,

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank BajanDreamer
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

This hotel was recommended to us by friends who live in Nigeria. When we arrived into Abuja from the UK, we were picked up from airport and taken to the hotel, which is in the middle of the city. From everything we needed was accessible...shops, the markets, the clubs, restaurants, banks... you name it. The hotel has a branch or sister restaurant I think... called Sinoni restaurant and we ate there at least 4 times in the one week we were in Abuja. Absolutely fantastic. Will be going back when next I am in Abuja. Thank for a fantastic stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family