After moving out of the terrible Sheraton in Abuja, I moved to the Rockview, only to find that its restaurant was unspeakably terrible, so based on Tripadvisor reviews I moved to the Hotel de Bently.
The hotel generally deserves the good reviews as a place to sleep in - My room was spotless, the staff was mainly well-trained, keen to help, and friendly. However the following detracted from what would have been a very positive review from me:
1) The restaurant has an extremely impressive menu. However, in practice hardly any of the wonderful meals are available. Most of the time you have the option between a sort of chicken a la king, and fish. All of the dishes are prepared in a similar way, tasting similarly. Not that it was bad, it is just that it gets a bit monotonous to get food that tastes exactly the same night after night. I did not try their breakfast, opting for cereals in my room instead.
2) The gym looks impressive, with two cycles and three treadmills. However, whille I was, not one of these were working properly: The cycles are spinning cycles, but could not be adjusted for workload, two of the treadmills did not work at all, and the remaining one slipped on its rollers, so I could not run for fear of falling
3)Their colour printer/scanner/fax machine was broken
4) Contrary to a review I saw, they do take credit card payments, but only Visa, only if it is a chip card. Their staff did not know how to operate the machine, and had to call in a technician, which will be tricky if you are checking out on your way to the airport, and having to wait for an hour for the technician to come out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel De Bently is a contemporary, fashionable hotel – the absolute choice for the style-conscious guest. Inspired by cutting edge design, the hotel captures the imagination with its vibrant and creative environment. A unique hotel experience, from the designer bedrooms, sumptuous Fine Dining Restaurant, to the industrial-chic destination bar, Hotel de Bentley sets out to be very different whilst at the same time, offering exceptional quality and service throughout every aspect. Hotel De Bently is a spectacular luxury 5 star hotel. Superbly located with unique panoramic views over the new Abuja City of Utako and just a gemstone's throw away from the central district of Abuja, Hotel De Bently represents a first for a hotel of this standard in the City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel De Bently reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.