Hotel De Bently
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$312
US$122
US$111
US$270
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2013

good hotel i will say good food but your network is bad which the I.T boy ask me to pay which i pay but the network is not good no good IT personl front office the man i see the last time that fix my laptop i did not see him agin look for a good IT person that can do a good job for the hotel i love your hotel thanx

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I am glad you were impressed with our hotel and the service delivery from our team.

We are a driven by a strong desire to create a pleasant and wonderful experience for our guests at all times where every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.

The Hotel has engaged the services of a 1st class IT personnel and all the IT problems you witnessed during your last stay has been fully resolved.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to De Bently on your next trip to Abuja.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Today December 26-2012 I just checked out of de bently hotel after spending 3 nights with my family in Abuja during Christmas. I can't claim it's the best hotel I've been to, but I can still recommend it for people who are not willing to spend 500 dollars a night or more in Hilton or Sheraton (excluding very expensive food and beverages).

De bently's best feature is spacious rooms furnished to taste with modern furniture. I also liked their small gym and swimming pool. Despite the fact that the pool is small (not up to 8m X 16m) but it's very neat and water is being changed constantly.

Their staff are all polite and helpful (despite the fact that they lack more team work and coordination together). The check in and check out did not take up to 5 minutes, and all our complains were answered promptly. Even the manager visited our room himself the first day we came, to make sure that the A/C we complained about is working properly.

They also have three different bars fully loaded with all kinds of drinks with excellent prices.

De bently food menu is also very good, containing varieties of local and continental dishes. And what made them special is that I've never asked for a continental dish and it won't be available (unlike other Nigerian local hotels).

My remarks to the management are: first they shall enhance on rooms cleaning (each time we used to go out and come back, my wife used to call the cleaners to come and clean again under her supervision). Second, they shall plan seriously to have a better restaurant, I mean comon guys!! you have a big and nice hotel in addition to an excellent chef, so why do you have such a small and poorly furnished and poorly decorated restaurant?

One more word I have to say to the staff and management is: please keep the good work and improve by taking all your guests remarks into consideration because we will surely come again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank JibranSaadeh
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

Be rest assured that areas you have expressed concern will be given immediate attention

Reviewed 7 December 2012

I arrived late and was put into a room that was pretty grim. It was right at the end of the building and was run down. The shower cubicle had live electrical leads to the telephone coming out of the wall, the A/C was very noisy and I wasnt impressed atr all - especially for the price.
Breakfast was in a characterless room with service levels that were 'slow' at best and just unprofessional at worst.
Sorry people - wont be seeing me again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Keith1955
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us.

It is regrettable that you had a bad experience during your stay with us. Our desire is to create a pleasant and wonderful experience for our guests at all times.

Your points are noted. Please be assured of my best efforts to address all the issues that you have raised.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

No team work n dey dnt treat deir staffs well. Staff r always frowned n r nt welled paid!good n wonderful place to stay wen u r in abuja. Wish dey wil ave branches!spacious compound n well vintaled rooms,I love how big de compound is n also de neatness of de swimming pool. De gmy needs more equipments oh to enhance de place!

• Stayed: November 2012
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I am glad you were impressed with our hotel, from the well ventilated rooms to the spacious compound and our uncompromising high level of hygiene.

Be assured of my best efforts to address other issues you raised particularly in the area of team work. Also be assured of our commitment to meet the demands of our clients by opening more branches across the country.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I would recommend that the white wine is always chilled and that the buffet has more variety. The service given was very prompt when i told them that my aircond wasnt working. And most of all their hospitality . I think the hotel is really nice. Really can't see why its shouldn't be a five star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012
Francis O, General Manager at Hotel De Bently, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012