“A GOOD PLACE TO STAY”
Review of Hotel De Bently

Hotel De Bently
Ranked #46 of 83 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at bently hotel in March 2014 for a period of one week, the facilities were very okay. The services were excellent. I came with my wife and kids so i used one their linking rooms. My kids are very picky about their food so the hotel management offered to help and prepare foods which were outside of their menu so as to be able to accommodate my family at the hotel. My kids enjoyed swimming in their pool and snacks were readily available for them. The environment as a whole was quite conducive for my family...

Room Tip: The rooms on the right aisle had an amazing view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Everytime i stay in this hotel the services and amenities are screaming out for maintenance...from leaking toilets to dirty bath tubs...internet is always down...food salty...2 things have cemented my resolve not to stay in this hotel any more...
1. staff begging for my phone no even when i politely turned them down they kept asking...
2. another guest came knocking on my door inviting me for drinks to his room...when i asked for my room to be changed all i got was laughter from the front desk...

Room Tip: avoid rooms on the lower floors as you run the risk of having leaking pipes sip through the walls on...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Laraba U
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at de bently hotel in march with a group of my friends for a bridal shower...the hotel was neat, very welcoming. We used their bar for the bridal shower...we had so much fun and the staffs were polite and friendly. The rooms were neat and the bathrooms were very ok. The buffet breakfast in the morning was delicious. Enjoyed my stay with my friends.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank chubbyreal
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Based on the reviews we read, we were scared of staying at this hotel but decided to take the risk and the risk paid off well. First, for the price we paid, the quality and service is comparable to similar hotels we have stayed at in Rome, Berlin, Edmonton, Vancouver, Honolulu and Phoenix Arizona.
The hotel staff were very friendly and helped us with our luggage when we arrived. A few additional requests outside of the reservation were met. We did not see any rats or insects and our room was ready when we arrived. The breakfast had a lot of variety and local dishes and it was good as well.
The only thing I would recommend the hotel management do is to upgrade the bathrooms a bit. The hotel surroundings could also be better . This hotel met our expectations and we will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed there for one night with business colleagues since the Hilton and the Sheraton where fully booked that night. It is a bad excuse of a hotel, even for Nigerian standards. Dirty, unkept, even to a point of a rat was running around the lobby during our check in. The staff just looked at the rat and laughed.
The rooms where dirty and not safe, there was no lock for the door. The bathrooms looked like the had not been cleaned in months.
Stay away from this place, trust me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Fab221
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This was the second time I stayed at the hotel. The hotel is reasonably priced compared to the highway robbery been charged at the Hilton and Sheraton. Food is not great. Rooms are spacious but the bathrooms could use an update. They were also busy with the new pool and bar area which could add some good value.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Warren P
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I've been privileged to experience the services of this hotel a number of times on business basis, where I have to book reservations for colleagues coming in from Lagos since we're using their hall for our business retreat.

The standard and executive room, both a little pricey but cheaper in comparison to other hotels of same room quality, are quite exquisite. All rooms are accessible with key cards automated to activate electric/electronic appliances in the colourful rooms. My Lagos colleagues were impressed alright.

The location is strategic too, in Utako/Jabi to easily access Wuse, Garki, Central Business District and even the airport road.

It's got a gym, swimming pool, spar and lounge for nightlife.

A guest will however quickly learn that the management like to keep an eye on their money; the staff seem to be under strict instruction of zero-tolerance for income leakage and would hound you down at every point about your payment for services.

On the average though, this is quite a good place to put up for both business and leisure.

PS: This may be a very good time to visit the hotel. As at the date if this review till around mid-January 2014, you get to pay only N15,000 (about $90 as distinct from N25,000 or $150 for the standard Deluxe room) for any class of room, and it comes with a complimentary (either) breakfast or dinner for two, buffet style.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business