“Hidden Gem”
Review of The Nordic Villa

The Nordic Villa
Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Great place to stay, secure, very, very clean and guess what - everything works! Good internet connection, and the bedrooms are comfortable and bright. I use the Nordic for every business trip I take to Abuja, which on average is twice a year. The location is perfect and if you have guests coming to see you the Villa has small meeting rooms for use - and these are available without any charge.
Staff are extremely friendly, helpful and do everything to assist your stay. I have been coming here now for just over 2 years and recommend it to all of my colleagues who travel to this location. As a woman travelling alone in Nigeria I feel safer here in comparison to big chain hotels and The nordi is excellent value for money.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a unique style, it is more a case of the size in relation to the higher cost. If...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
TheNordicVilla, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Dear Sue G,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us at The Nordic Villa. It was a privilege having you with us. We are glad that your expectations were met in every area of service delivery and hospitality.

Every day we work hard to maintain a high level of standard and strive to exceed our guest’s expectations.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Nordic Villa. We wish you well in your endeavors.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I stayed here 5 nights and the staff did all they could to make my stay pleasurable.
The room was spacious clean and well furnished. Great value for money.
Only downside was that there was nowhere near to go and eat and no food available in the guest house. Breakfast felt like they were giving to you out of a limited store of food .$ pieces of toast only a drink and a choice of egg.Felt at odds with the generous furnishing and ambience of the place.
Highly recommended tho big shout to Simon and Leky who run it

Room Tip: Check the plumbing can be noisy
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
TheNordicVilla, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Dear Timtysonshort,

We highly appreciate your comments and your recommendations. It was a privilege having you staying with us. We are very happy that our staff treated you well and that our rooms met your expectations.

In regards to the plumbing noise, I’m happy to inform you that we’ve taken care of the noise from the pumping machine.

We also appreciate your comment on the food situation and we’re working hard to find a solution that will be beneficial to all our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Nordic Villa. We wish you well in all your endeavors.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Agree with all other reviews. Best hotel I have stayed in Abuja (of many). The hotel is clean, the staff friendly, prices good, internet connection good (for Nigeria) and ambiance very pleasant. Food provision needs to be improved both at breakfast and in the evening.
Does feel like home from home but lack of pool or excercise facility does mean there is little to distract you between meetings. This is not a fault of the hotel but something to consider if you are having an extended stay in Abuja.
Small critism would be that the bathrooms are fine but the standard of finish is not as high as the bedrooms.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a quiet area of town so no problem with noise. The suites are slightly larger but fo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
TheNordicVilla, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear James B

First of all, thank you very much for you review. We appreciate your positivity towards The Nordic Villa. Creating an atmosphere for our guests, where they feel welcome, is our main goal. We’re happy that you felt like home during your stay with us.

We are aware that there is room for improvement and we’re working hard to accomplish this.

We hope to welcome you back in The Nordic Villa soon again.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

i just got back from a two days visit in Abuja , Myself and baby brother had a great time in the Nordic ! great staffs, great personalities and the best of all good security !!! but the cabs hum..little bet on the high but you get away with a good negotiation skill with the cab drivers if you are lucky like me ! thanks guys .

Room Tip: when you need some thing to be done quickly just speak to the manager
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
TheNordicVilla, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Dear Lady A I

We appreciate your kind review of The Nordic Villa. It is our culture to listen to our guest’s suggestions and do our best to meet them. We are always striving to live up to our guest’s expectations. Our paramount target is to know that our guest’s enjoy their stay.
We hope to welcome you back in The Nordic Villa soon again.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

I always try to stay at this hotel while in Abuja. Partly because they have a nice design (I am Swedish) with IKEA furniture and accessories and that they are affordable. There are a few things to improve, like having a larger selection of breakfast (coffee should always be free) and offering something for dinner as well as a small fitness room. The guest house is quietly located and safe, but also out of reach for restaurants without having to have a taxi taking you. I would suggest they start cooperating with some pizza/shawama places for delivery of a light dinner. Even though these minuses I would always try to get a room there! Staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
TheNordicVilla, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2012

Dear FreddeT

We appreciate your kind review of The Nordic Villa. Thank you for taking your time to review us and point out helpful suggestions that will help grow our business. It is always our wish to live up to our guests standards.

I’m happy to let you know that we are working on making arrangements with a couple of our favorite restaurants in Abuja to do take away for room delivery at The Nordic Villa.

We do hope to welcome you back at The Nordic Villa soon again.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I stayed at The Nordic Villa in July 2012. The room was clean and comfortable. Wi-Fi worked well in my room so it was easy to keep up with my official tasks and other business transactions and contacts. It felt like I never left my office desk back at home. Breakfast could be better. I had very serious issue with payment. The website showed that credit cards are accepted so I came with mine only to be told payment must be made in cash. This totally wrecked my trip as I had to search all over Abuja to get an ATM which could transfer cash out of my VISA credit card. I missed my flight and much more. Management ought to rectify this issue as a matter of urgency.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank wumiyeye
TheNordicVilla, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear wumiyeye,

Thank you for your review as it has given us valuable information to improve our standards and services. We appreciate that you took your time to review The Nordic Villa.

We have now decided to include our breakfast in the room rate, so the next time you visit The Nordic Villa, you will have a free continental and well prepared breakfast.

We are very sorry for the situation our payment system has put you through. For this reason, we have corrected the wording in our payment options on our website. We do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

We hope to see you at The Nordic Villa soon again as we will do our very best to live up to your expectations.

Best regards
Manager, The Nordic Villa

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Simple, no frills, clean, airy, quiet, friendly, B&B. Only took me 5 minutes to get to a meeting at the Sheraton. Rooms need minor improvements (curtains did not cover windows fully), exposed power boxes and trunking, some details in the bathroom also. But most people may not notice. Walk in showers would be nice improvement to have, especially for the larger rooms. Great value for money in Abuja.

Cons
Online booking showed no rooms. Called and got one! However, still did not receive email confirmation until arrival.
Only 10 rooms, so no real flexibility in changing check out dates or rooms. Needed to stay an extra night but had to move out after 1 night.
Did not find Wifi signals in room.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
TheNordicVilla, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Ufi3

Thank you for your review of The Nordic Villa. We highly appreciate it and will work hard on improving our rooms so they live fully up to you and our other guest’s standards.

We are lucky to have many bookings at The Nordic Villa, however we do experience last minute cancellations once in a while - when that happens the cancellation will not appear in the booking system immediately when the cancellations in made by phone. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Our Internet connection is normally very stabile but during heavy rains we sometimes do experience bad connectivity because we're running on a satellite connection which is affected by some of the rain storms during rainy season. However we are working on speeding up the connection and making it even stronger so we can avoid situations like the one you've experienced.

We do hope you welcome you back to The Nordic Villa soon again.