The Nordic Villa
US$195
Priceline
US$270
Travelocity
All reviewsexcellent coffeeplace to staysister hotelhome away from homebreakfast roomlounge arearooms are clean and comfortableorder foodenjoyed my staycomplimentary breakfastother hotelsan upgradegeneratorbusinessnigeriainternetpower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Stayed at this hotel in January 2013 during my last visit to Nigeria and it was splendid. Precious visits to Abuja had been marred by my difficulty in getting a decent hotel that was reasonably priced... This was until I discovered The Nordic Villa. Staffs were very polite and the hotel and rooms were very clean. Fortune, the manager was always keen, friendly, polite and on hand to accommodate and be at your service. It is highly recommended & I will visit again when next in Abuja.

• Stayed: January 2013
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Dear Switch4u,
Thank you for your constructive comments following your stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. It is very useful for us to have such input as it greatly assists and refresh our services and commitments.
We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Fortune Abah
General Manager.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed a week at this guesthouse in a suburb of Abuja. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for good value for money accommodation in this expensive city. I was initially concerned that travel time into the central business district would be lengthy, but, apart from a few minor delays around rush hour, this was never a problem. Rooms are comfortable; the wifi is more reliable than at many other hotels; and the quiet surroundings make it a very pleasant place to relax and work.

That said, there are a few areas where I would encourage Fortune and his team to improve. My pre-arranged airport pickup apparently was not pre-arranged, requiring numerous phone calls and a lengthy wait on my part. The breakfast is a bit spartan; offering more variety (meats, pastries, etc), even if at a supplementary charge, would be appreciated. The food delivery service could do with some standardisation as well; perhaps compiling a folder listing available restaurants and their menus for guests to peruse in their room before calling down their order to reception?

Otherwise, I very much enjoyed my stay at the Nordic Villa and would not hesitate to stay there again on my next visit to Abuja.

Room Tip: If given a preference, I would avoid the Thorshavn room in future. It faces the main gate and the diesel generator, both of which can be extremely noisy in the late evening/early morning.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank hovetravellerUK
TheNordicVilla, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Dear Hove,
Thank you so much for posting a review of The Nordic Villa! We love hearing guests mention our staff by name in their reviews; because it shows what a positive impact they had on your experience. We also appreciate your recommendations.

Your observations are very important and we are considering great options that will meet the high standard we intend to keep for our guests’ satisfaction.
Thank you again, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

After months in Nigeria and having passed through many different hotels, I must admit I was positively surprised with the Nordic Villa and its fantastic service. For anyone looking to escape from the big impersonal chain hotels, this guest house offers you the best comfort and service and at better rates! It will be the only hotel I'll be going to every time I'm in Abuja!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Jonassl, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear MiramelindoBar,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us for the period you stayed at The Nordic Villa. Our number one focus is customer service. Creating a memorable experience by anticipating all of our guests’ needs. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Spent 2 nights in this hotel. Clean but with some work to do. My bathroom light(s) were too dull that I was unable to shave. Reported several times but couldn't have it fixed before I left.
They need to improve on the breakfast menu. The kitchen door opens directly into the breakfast room with the result that the entire place smells like a kitchen. They obviously need a more robust extractor fan. The lobbies are quite warm and would need ACs.
Improving on these will go a long way.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms near the generator if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Jonassl, Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear Wpopoola,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. We have carefully noted all the points you have raised and they will be attended to urgently.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you to The Nordic Villa, Abuja soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Great rooms, comfy beds and reliable internet. The snack menu could be a bit more creative (4 nights of cheese toasts got a bit boring - maybe a bit of local flavor into the mix?) and the non-functioning Visa system really needs to get sorted out. Beyond these relatively minor issues, would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear ImmuTA,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you find our services and facilities reliable. We promise to keep improving on our services since it is our policy to see that all our guests are comfortable and relax at The Nordic Villa, Abuja.

The other points raised will be looked into with urgency. The team and I appreciate your review and we look forward to welcoming you again at The Nordic Villa, Abuja.

Best regards,