“as friendly as it can get”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Nordic Villa

The Nordic Villa
Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Abuja
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“as friendly as it can get”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Even though I was in Abuja for only two days, but perhaps Nordic Villa was the highlight of my trip. Very helpful and friendly staff, and suitable place for a short time stay and work. They tried their best to make sure the guests are comfortable and accommodated properly.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. We are grateful that we were able to make the highlight of your stay in Abuja. Your comments propel us to maintain and improve on our services in making our esteem guests comfortable and accommodated.
We look forward in welcoming you back to The Nordic Villa soon.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Athens, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

This is my second review of the Nordic Villa - and my motivation for writing, on this occasion, is the excellent service at the hotel. I traveled to Abuja for work and last-minute changes to my schedule meant changing my reservations two times before arriving - each change handled in a friendly and professional manner. I was very happy that the hotel management was so accommodating (Thanks Fortune!) - and I found the staff on this visit also very friendly and helpful. I really don't know why anyone would pay twice or three times more money to stay at the large "brand name" hotels in Abuja (and I've stayed at each of them at least once, before discovering the Nordic Villa. This hotel is in a quiet and safe neighborhood - it is clean, well designed, with good internet and large rooms (my room, the "Stockholm," had an armchair and a small sofa and a very big bathroom.

Room Tip: I like the "deluxe" rooms - Aarhus and Stockholm are both quite large and nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
The Nordic Villa team and I are very pleased to know that your recent stay with us was (once again) satisfactory and that we delivered on your expectations and requirements. Your encouraging comments on our clean, well designed rooms and our good internet will further inspire us to maintain and improve on our offerings to you and all our esteem guests.

We sincerely hope to see you soon again.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

As anybody know who have travelled to Nigeria in general, finding affordable, clean accommodation, can be like finding the Holy Grail. I was pleasantly surprised to discover the Nordic. The rooms are clean and simply furnished, the staff are friendly and helpful and best about it, it is well priced. Wireless access is included so I could get some work done and the breakfast is served punctually, so none of that departure anxiety, worrying that you are going to miss your flight.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. We are glad we were able to meet your taste. Your comments and contributions are highly valued and appreciated, this will further inspire us to maintain and improve our services to you and all our valued guests. We sincerely hope to see you again.

citizen of the world
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Abuja is not known for good value in hotels so I was glad to find Nordic Villa upon the recommendation of a colleague (who found it on Trip Advisor, BTW). Nice, clean, spacious, friendly, good cup of coffee in the morning, plumbing actually works. A bit out of the way and there is nothing substantial in the neighbourhood. The only downside to my stay was the spotty internet connection which is on one minute, off the next. This is my hotel of choice for future visits to Abuja; it was much more pleasant than two better-known places I have stayed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank harrow_henley
Jonassl, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for your encouraging review of The Nordic Villa, Abuja. The team and I appreciate your kind review and we are very happy that you had a nice stay at The Nordic Villa. Your comments inspire us to maintain the standard you and all our valued guest deserve. We are sorry for the inconvenience with our internet connection. However we feel confident to let you know that the internet is not always like that and has been fixed well.
We look forward in welcoming you back to The Nordic Villa, any time you are in Abuja.

NW Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Very nice place to stay, very clean.Exceptional manners from the staff. Leave your key at the front desk so the room gets cleaned as you leave for the day (I didn't get that until they finally told me!) No worries about your belongings, but if you do worry they have a safe in every room. They don't have a restaurant, but they have a service that will bring you food for N1000 which is really cheap. AND if you give them more than what it costs, perhaps you have a N1000 note and only need a N500, they wi;ll bring you the change. From my experience they are good people. Power fluctuates, as you would expect, but they have generators that are on-line as quick as you can blink. I'd give this place 5 stars for Nigeria. I'm heading to Lagos tomorrow morning, I'm told I'll be glad I stayed in such a nice place as the Nordic Villa.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Thorshaven room, It was fine for me. Good for a single or couple, not with kids.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. We are happy that we were able to make your stay both memorable and enjoyable through the exceptional manners from our humble staffs. We hope to see you again soon.

benin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

My first stay at the Nordic Villa was really a memorable one. I had spent hours trying to get a quiet and clean hotel in Abuja. The Nordic was my third try and we (my family and I) were pleasantly surprised.The environment was serene and just right. The room was nice and pretty.
Ever since I have booked well in advance.
Variety in the food menu should be considered please.

Room Tip: Like the Pori room. Nice
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the positive review of The Nordic Villa, Abuja. Whilst we are grateful for your kind review and been able to meet your taste and search in Abuja, we also want to let you know that your observations are already looked into and we are already working on the varieties of breakfast. We promise to make your next stay a more memorable one.

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

The Nordic Villa is a very welcoming hotel run by friendly and professional staff. As a solo female traveler I felt very safe there. My only suggestion would be to add more options to the breakfast menu beyond toasts & jam and eggs, e.g. cereals. Also, it would be nice to be able to have dinner at the hotel.

The hotel offers good value for money and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: I spent 7 nights in the Helsinki Room, 1 in the Oslo and 1 in the Stockholm. They were all clean and...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Virginia C
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your time.
We are happy that you found our staff friendly and professional. This is what we strive to be every day and to meet our valuable guest's standards.
We are already looking into your observation in addition more options to our breakfast.