“Comfortable stay”
Review of The Nordic Villa

The Nordic Villa
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I normally stayed at the the Nordic Residence whenever in Abuja, but this time decided to go to the Nordic Villa based on reviews from Trip Advisor.
I booked the Stockholm Room online without really knowing what to expect but it turned out to be a wonderful experience.
All I am looking for is cleanliness, and the Villa offers cleanliness and more.
Room and bed spreads clean. Bathroom clean.

One comment however is, in the bathroom on the wall near the toilet above the waste bin, there are some brownish spots that are offensive. I dapped a tissue and tried to rub off a bit but it wasn't coming off.
Maybe it is a permanent stain, but whatever it is, it should be painted over or cleaned because it takes away from the overall cleanliness of the accomodation and is gross.

Another comment is I was served instant coffee instead of the expresso I requested. But this is something I am willing to overlook. I am just mentioning because I know you are trying to pay attention to details and need all the feedback you can get to run a great hotel in Abuja.

Other than that - everything is fine, staff friendly, ordered food arrived on time etc

I know that I will stay in the Nordic Villa again

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room hence cannot be much help here
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Amma555, Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. The team and i are very encouraged by your detailed feedback. We sincerely appreciates your comments because detail is what we stands for.
I assure you of our immediate attention to the observations you've raised. I personally promise to serve you Nespresso at your next visit to The Nordic Villa, Abuja.
We promise to always meet your expectations as we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Fortune

There are newer reviews for The Nordic Villa

Reviewed 10 April 2014

I would recommend the nordic villa to all and sundry: a quiet, serene and refreshing environment...the staff are cool, and Mr Fortune(the manager) is uniquely gifted in the art of making customers feel relaxed.

i know that things can only get better. see you all at the top!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear fqtee, On behalf of The Nordic Villa team, i would like to thank you sincerely for taking out time to post a review of your recent stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. We are grateful for your patronage.
We are pleased to see you have enjoyed your visit to us. As you rightly said, things can only get better as we strive to offer our esteem guests the best at all times.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Fortune

Reviewed 13 March 2014

After having stayed several times at The Nordic Residence, I decided to give the villa a try. I arrived Sunday at noon, which I had announced by email some days prior to my arrival, and waited more than an hour until I could get into the room. I know, official arrival is 15h, but that is why I announced that my flight arrives late morning and I would be there around noon.
The room, Oslo, was up to the expected standard, except for the more than half empty ice cream box someone left in the freezer. And the rather weak (=slow) internet signal (2 out of 5 bars).
Breakfast was disappointing; it took 2 attempts to get a fried egg, sunny-side-up, with the egg yolk not destroyed; the selection card asks you to choose between fries, fruit and yoghurt, however, there are no fruits or yoghurt (same on the following morning, nobody bothered to buy fruits or yoghurt, not exactly difficult in Africa, they sell pineapple, popo, banana, mango, apples etc. on every street corner); there was also not the slightest attempt to make up for this deficiency, for example by offering a second cup of coffee, extra jam or juice, two eggs instead of one, anything.... the coffee is served with a sugar bowl, but no milk (on both mornings, I did however get milk when I asked for it).

Room Tip: They said the WIFI router was upstairs; if you need internet, stay upstairs
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear artalmon, The Nordic Villa team and i thank you for your feedback which is always appreciated in guiding our efforts. We are pleased to hear that the room you stayed was up to the expected standard. We sincerely apologise for the delay in check in. We are pleased to let you know that our internet is working perfect in all rooms, lobby and other important areas now.
We also apologise for the bad experience you had with the breakfast, all these has been corrected and we promise to make it up during your next visit. Your feedback has helped us greatly to put a lot of things in order.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have stayed at the Nordic Villa several times now and can recommend it to travelers looking for affordable, clean, safe and friendly environs when in Abuja. Mr. Fortune and his staff always do their best to make the visit pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Marlene M, We sincerely appreciate your wonderful comments. The trust imposed on us will never be taking for granted. We promise to live up to expectation at all times. We know it takes courage and trust to recommend The Nordic Villa to all. This gesture will enhance more commitment to the task ahead of us.
We take you as part of us and your presence will always be appreciated.
We wish you well in all your endeavours.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed at the Nordic Villa for business from 1-9 February. The hotel was clean and quiet.
The rooms are big, the beds comfortable. The wireless connection is stable. The only minus with the rooms is the limited TVchannel selection (no Olympics!) and rather dim lighting. The rooms come with breakfast, which is average, but filling.

The biggest plus is the wonderful staff and customer service. My colleague and I faced a couple of logistical challenges, and Mr. Fortune and the staff went above and beyond to assist. I can't thank them enough.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nicole L, The Nordic Villa, Abuja team and i thank you for your feedback which is always appreciated in guiding our efforts. We are grateful to know that we were able to go extra miles to make your stay a memorable one. Every feedback is carefully noted and attended to as soon as possible and yours is not an exception, some issues raised will be looked into immediately.
We appreciate your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

We wish you well in all your endeavours.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Best hotel I've stayed in so far in Abuja. The reviews I'd read beforehand were definitely good advice. I like the Nordic decor, rooms are clean and neat and, above all, service is significantly better than other places. Stayed in the Pori room and it was quiet, facing a green lush inner courtyard giving extra privacy. Breakfast a la carte with good tranquil music playing is very nice, the not so big menu selection was totally enough for me, but it could be quicker though for people on a tight morning schedule. The hotel feels safe and secure, and although the Villa is out in Jabi it didn't take more than 30 minutes to get to Asokoro.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Malinelisabet, Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. The team and i are very encouraged that we were able to meet your expectations. The reviews are our guests experiences and those reviews mean so much to us. We are committed to quality service delivery at all times. The music in the breakfast place is one of the ways to make you feel at home while enjoying your breakfast.
We look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have stayed several times in the Nordic Villas in Abuja now and found the experience most satisfying. The place is modern, clean and most important quiet. The staff and service is amazing and nothing is too much trouble for the team. The breakfast, though limited in menu choice is a perfect way to start the day. The hotel taxi service, though expensive is very good. The only negatives if there had to be some would be the limited choice of TV channels on offer, erratic internet and lack of a real room service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Waseemmahmood, Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Nordic Villa, Abuja. The team and i sincerely appreciate your feedback, it helps us reorganising ourselves in the area of service delivery and keeping details on the job. We are grateful we were able to meet your expectations. Your comments mean so much to us and we promise never to relent until every point you raised is look into speedily. We hope to welcome you back again soon.