“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Abuja
Ridgeland, Mississippi
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I feel truly blessed to have had the opportunity to stay at the Nordic Villa for 2 weeks. Mr. Fortune and the staff made me feel so welcome for my first time visiting Nigeria...people have many negative opinions about Nigeria but the country is like any other place...we all have problems. Me being a citizen from the United States I can honestly say that the people are beautiful and very polite...At the Nordic the rooms were very clean and service was excellent if I could have stayed longer I would have. The interior as well and the exterior of the Villa is very modern and it makes you feel like your at home in the US. It was nice to see a style that is familiar to me in the comfort of Abuja Breakfast is included in your stay and you feel so at home til you don't want to leave. The only request that I have is that lunch and dinner be served at the Villa as well....it's a hinder when you are so comfortable being at the Villa then you have to leave to find evening dinning. Overall, on my next visit to Nigeria I will be back at the Villa...there's no other place I whether be.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank August412014
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear August412014, On behalf of The Nordic Villa team, i sincerely appreciate your kind review. So good to know that you feel truly blessed to stay with us. We are committed to making our esteem guests, have the best stay and homely too. We are happy that you find our rooms very clean, our service excellent also finding our interior and exterior to be very modern.
We are in collaboration with the Blucabana were you can order for your choice of food and get it deliver to you in your room at just N500, though we are looking at options to make it easier for our esteem guests.
We will be glad to have you at The Nordic Villa, Abuja again soon. We wish you well in all your endeavours.

Fortune
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My last stay in May was my 2nd, albeit my 1st was at their sister hotel The Nordic Residence. I would say this one is better. The hotel is mostly very well kept, the rooms are cleaned well, they have a nice staff and Fortune Abah, the manager is really great. He is always smiling. I usually stay at the name brands when I travel, but in Abuja you want to lay low and this is the place to be. Highly recommend it. TS.

1 Thank Tosh S
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Tosh S, We The Nordic Villa team are delighted for your kind review and the high recommendation. That is what we stands for, making our esteem guests feel the true meaning of hospitality and service. Our dream is to provide our guests the highest level of service and quality we can. We appreciate it that you find our rooms well kept and above all that our staff are friendly and nice, knowing our names shows you are detailed about us and we promise to always do our best and improve in our offerings.
We look forward to welcoming you again to The Nordic Villa, Abuja as we wish you well in all your endeavours.

General Manager.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I like this place so much that I keep going back to stay there, every time I am in Abuja. Great ambience and friendly staff, all in an accessible location. Highly recommended.

PS: They should consider having a full-fledged kitchen for food throughout the day. The breakfasts are great at this point of time.

1 Thank Vinay N
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Vinay N, On behalf of The Nordic Villa team, i sincerely thank you for your kind review. We are grateful to know that The Nordic Villa is your preferred place in Abuja. We appreciate your recommendations and promise to live up to expectation at all times, guests like you are the reason we are in business and we will never take that for granted. Your comfort is our priority.
your comment concerning full- fledged kitchen will be look into as soon as possible.

We wish you well in all your endeavours.

Fortune
General manager.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

For those who don;t want to pay $400 plus for the Sheraton or Hilton, this is an excellent choice. Quiet location and nice rooms starting about $135. Internet among the best in Abuja, by all accounts, and a good breakfast. Evening meals are limited but the idea is that you order in from a nearby restaurant, the Cabana, which has a huge range of good Western & local food. Staff polite & helpful.
My only suggestion for an improvement would a be a little bar area, which might be nice!
Colin Freeman, chief foreign correspondent, Sunday Telegraph of London

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Colin F, Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments following your recent stay with us at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. We are grateful that you are satisfied with the location, our prices, internet, breakfast and above all our staffs being polite and helpful.
Though we have a mini bar where you can seat and take your drinks with friends, we have the plan to expand the bar in the future.
We sincerely appreciate your kind review and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

General manager.
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I heard so much about this place and so I decided to give it a try, based on the rave reviews. I like the interior setup, for a small, boutique hotel it's well structured. Standard room is typical. There is no food, apart from a basic breakfast that bores you after the first time you have it. You have to order meals, which turn out to be expensive and include a delivery fee. Staff are friendly and helpful though - that's the hotel's strong point, in a country where customer service is lacking.
One incident put me off though - one of the owners came in to the main lounge and assuming I was one of the staff (I guess because I'm black), barked at me to turn down the volume on the TV. It might say a lot about his view of his staff.
Overall I don't see the hype. It's hard to get a reservation and when you eventually do, the experience is only average - at best, only slightly better than other Nigerian hotels

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank teecello
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear teecello, Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. We appreciate that you find our interior setup good and the staffs friendly and helpful.
We sincerely apologize for the incidence that put you off while you were around, he never intends to undermine or embarrass you. Both the owners and the staffs value our guests knowing that they are the reason we are in business, we do not take that for granted; we treat every one well not minding their background or color.
You are always at home at the Nordic Villa, Abuja. I promise to meet with you in person at your next visit to Abuja been that you are always welcome to the Nordic Villa.
We wish you well in all your endeavours.

london
Reviewed 29 April 2014

On the whole our experience at the Nordic Villa was very pleasant as we found the staff to be both welcoming and accommodating. We were impressed with the decor of the hotel generally, however, the bathroom didn't quite match the standard of the room that we stayed in. Staff were pleasant and we enjoyed the car service offered by the hotel. Just be warned, though, that if you do have an early morning flight to catch, don't expect to receive an early morning wake up call if you request one the night before because you won't get one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
TheNordicVilla, General Manager at The Nordic Villa, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Salsachika, The Nordic Villa team and i thank you for your feedback which is always appreciated in guiding our efforts. We are glade to know that your stay was a pleasant one and that is what we represents. your feedback form the basis for our ongoing efforts to refine, adapt and improve on our service to our valued guests.
We are happy to inform you that we are in the process of re-designing our bathing areas and general. We do wake up calls a lot but i want to sincerely apologise for failing to give you call when you needed it.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Very calm, very serene, very nice time at nordic villa this easter but I think they should redesign the bathroom. The water heater and liquid soap dispensers are too close to the bathing person, the shower curtain is too long. Other than that, everything else is thumbs up.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Venussbay V, On behalf of my dedicated team, i would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to post comments on your recent stay at The Nordic Villa, Abuja. We are very please to know that you had a nice time.
your comments are very important to us, and we want to let you know that strategies are already in place to effect the re-designing of the bathing areas.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.