“Run Run Run Away”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Lagos
“Run Run Run Away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Some friends and I went there on a friday night to get some food as take out back to our hotel. The staff were more interested in watching a movie that was playing on TV than attending to us. Even when we pointed out a large area on the floor where water from the leaking roof had accumulated, we had to remind them several times before an attempt was made to mop the floor. We got there after 9pm though and didn't see a lot of variety (so can't say that is their fault). I only things I felt like eating were snail and bananas but how can they be selling a small piece of snail for N1,500 (about $9.16). Over priced and over rated in my view. The friend who us led there is a family friend of the owner. It was her first time there and she was so upset. She believes that the owner of Biobak was unaware of how the staff were running the place down. That first experience is not one I looking to repeat anytime soon.

Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Very Rude and unfriendly staffs!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

The food is ok. I was there twice to enjoy their meal but the staffs gave an impression that they were doing me a favour while trying to communicate with them with a smile. The queue was forever. Its way overpriced and its just centrally located. Its worse than a rural bukka in the village, at least u get to meet friendly people there.

• Visited March 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
“Nice Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I had a meal here two nights ago and surprising for the time of the day, I had exactly what I wanted. It was a bit pricey but the standard was very good and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. I would go there again but only to treat myself because of the prices.

Abuja
“Moin-Moin Wraps”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

It is expensive by local standards. But its also authentically traditional. It is a no-pretense canteen/refectory style upscale "bukka" or local eatery. Its decent enough food with some exceptional signature dishes such as their Moin-Moin( steamed pureed black-eyed peas wrapped in Palm or lotus leaves). They occasionally make Ikokore - a particular delicacy of the Ijebu clan in Yoruba land made from Water Yam and palm oil with smoked fish (shawa) and crustaceans/smoked shrimp.

It is hectic and usually very busy. There is an upstairs for those that want to eat at a more leisurely pace and service there is usually better. But, the experience here is all about the food, plain and simple. This is not a place for ambience or service!

• Visited March 2014
Abuja, Nigeria
“Expensive.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Meals in this place is over priced, the queue for service is ever so long and sitting arrangement is something else, you find other clients breathing down your neck for you to hurry up and finish up. Not a place to take a long-time-no-see friend for lunch and chat.

Visited February 2014