Sheraton Abuja Hotel
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
All reviewslobby barthe club loungebreakfast buffet isguest relationsbusiness tripbit datedenjoyed my stayspgdanielobuduboathousepapillonsquashportercuisine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2014

A rather tired hotel, much in need of a facelift and certainly not what Sheraton brand image would lead you to expect. For all that it was OKish. Staff were friendly, room was large and A/C worked, though noisy. Was moved on the second day as the bed proved to be hard as a rock. Second 'refurbished' room was better and the bed really good. Breakfast buffet was comprehensive and quality average, though the inside section had a nasty smell rather like cooking offal. Due to be upgraded I was told and it certainly needs it.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a new bed
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your very objective and candid comments. Your feedback is very important to us, in our journey to excellence. Our renovation program has started, which will address the issues mentioned. Once again a BIG thank you for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I've recently spent quite a lot of time at the Sheraton Abuja while on business. The staff are wonderful and have really gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable and secure. Variety in the restaurant options is nice, although I will always choose to eat at the Boathouse around the pool (don't tell anyone but you can usually order from the other menus at the pool) :) Rooms are comfortable and spacious for an international hotel. I would recommend a room facing the pool even though it can be a little noisy during events it sure beats the view of the road and traffic noise. the gym is small, but I highly recommend the variety of class options in the evenings (yoga, boot camp style classes, aerobics) and the personal trainers are extremely helpful if you need to switch up your workout. The massage at the gym is also nice and definitely affordable. Not everything works as smoothly or as well as it would in Europe or North America, but when in Nigeria you just need to be a little more lenient and relaxed. I've never had a problem at this Sheraton and definitely recommend this hotel to my coworkers and friends travelling to Abuja.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your very objective and candid comments. Your feedback is very important to us, in our journey to excellence. Once again a BIG thank you for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for business in Abuja. The property itself is quite large, with lots of facilities and restaurants (which is good as I couldn't really leave the hotel due to safety concerns).

Most staff are friendly and want to help, but, service is incredibly slow.

The breakfast buffet was quite good, with really good selection (just make sure to give yourself time if you choose to wait for eggs, omelette, etc).

My room was OK. It would have been much better if the mattress on the bed wasn't as hard as the floor. New beds in this hotel could make a world of difference.

The property does have a decent gym facility and tennis courts where you can rent rackets.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LaurenAsh1
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for your candid review, it is much appreciated. We have just replaced all our beds with the world famous Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds. Our renovation program, formally starts in April this year. I have actioned all other items mentioned. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next.

Once again, thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Boris

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Ac was poor. Room very tired although my colleague was moved to a room that had been refurbished and looked great. However ac didn't work at all in that room. Calls for service to look at it took ages and there was never any resolution. They dutifully come each day to say it will be fixed but I would rather be told the truth that there is no resolution as the whole system needs a major overhaul, refurbishment in the lobby meant that wet paint had no signs and my colleague leant on a pillar and was covered in paint. It was obviously his fault with no apology from staff. Magically after the event signs appeared but at the time no workmen or signs were visible

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room. Some are and a big difference
Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank London59traveller

Thank you taking the time to share your observations. It is truly helpful and I highly appreciated it, especially in today’s world where there is such a premium on time. The hotel is scheduled for a full refurbishment, which will address all the issues mentioned by you.

Please be assured that were possible we immediately addressed the items mentioned by you. My sincere apologies for our failure to meet your expectations. I do hope to have the privilege to see you return to the Sheraton Abuja, in the not too distant future, giving us an opportunity to remedy our failures. Please do contact me when you are in Abuja next.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I must say I was concerned about staying at this hotel, after reviewing several bad reviews; on checking in I was pleasantly surprised. My room was clean, and freshly painted, the staff were pleasant and the grounds and pool were well maintained. I did find the food pricey, for what you got and was annoyed to be charged more for beer than was noted on the menu "because that was the price in the system", but overall, I enjoyed my stay here. The gym was airy and adequate and the food quality was fine. One thing that struck me as odd was that there was a "master switch" in my room that controlled all electricity. If you turned it off, you could not turn on the TV or a night light; if you left it on, the hall light stayed on permanently. Internet service was also spotty, coming and going, especially at night. Apart from that, I felt comfortable and secure in this hotel and would recommend it to others. .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Boris6, General Manager at Sheraton Abuja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for you objective review, it is highly appriciated. We are starting our renovation program this year, which will have a major impact on our ability to serve you better. Please do call on me when you are in Abuja next.

Regards,