“good”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Abuja
Bolingo Hotel and Towers
Ranked #44 of 85 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed 25 October 2012

bolingo hotel and towers is a good place to hang out especially in the evening,their rooms are clean and their services are just good for the average man. though i was there with my friends, but we had all the fun there was to have there.

Room Tip: "Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank lucy a

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I have stayed in Bolingo for 5 days...terrible service, personel was rude,very rude, specially during check out...the hotel does not look at all as shown in the pictures....I will not stay again in this hotel if I have to visit Abuja again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank daniel r
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed in the Bolingo on my first trip to Nigeria for about a week. I thought the stay was relatively pleasant, although the photos from the hotel's website are extremely misleading. They may have been accurate 10 years ago, but the restaurant/bar/room was only a vague resemblance to the photos today. I typically ordered room service, and the food was fine overall. I didn't have a shower curtain, but at least I got clean towels most days. Also be aware that the laundry service is EXPENSIVE. A few shirts, pants, and underwear cost me 60 US dollars. The rate of the room seemed to change on a daily basis, depending on who you talked to, and they wanted payments throughout the stay, but the staff was at least willing to negotiate with you. Hotel staff was also typically unable to make change, so try to have close to exact change when possible for coffee, etc. The on-site generator also helped to keep power to the hotel during the frequent outages they have in Abuja. One note is to definitely not leave any valuables in the room, which typically goes without saying, but I did return to my room one evening to find my room door left open, probably from the cleaning staff. Fortunately nothing was missing.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank c0den1nja42
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I would like to give this hotel a rating of 3.5 if I could, since it is better than average for Abuja from what I have heard about some other places, but I would struggle to call it 'very good'. I stayed here for a 3 day business trip on my first visit to Abuja. The cost is quite reasonable compared to other hotels in Abuja.

On the positive side, the hotel is safe and secure and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was acceptably clean, and was serviced every day, with clean linen and towels. Breakfast was included in the rate and was of a good standard, with a variety of cooked items available. Whilst the restaurant has an extensive international menu, the only items available for dinner whilst I was there were those on the daily specials list. The food was wholesome and tasty, although not of a gourmet standard.

However, a number of items in the room were in a poor state of repair, including a non-functional safe, and bare unused telephone cabling sticking out of a hole in the wall. The through-the-window air conditioning was efficient although noisy, but there is no air conditioning in the corridors.

The television and kettle provided in the room were fitted with two-pin round European plugs, but the wall sockets were of the square British variety. The plugs had been forced into the sockets thus damaging the sockets so that British plugs or adapters had a tendency to fall out. The machine for processing credit cards was still not working, and the automatic teller in the lobby was also out of order. I was not warned about this on check-in but fortunately had brought sufficient cash to pay the bill, as I had read and earlier review warning of this problem.

The only good thing I could say about the internet service in the hotel was that it was free. Only one of the staff in the reception area seemed to know that you need both a password and a code to access the wi-fi service, but after going to the trouble of putting entering all of this information into the computer, it turned out that the service was so slow as to be unusable in either my room or in the public areas.

My overall impression of this hotel is that it is struggling to maintain its standards, and does not have sufficient patronage to support the large amount of infrastructure in the hotel. It is quite a big hotel but had very few guests. If returning to Abuja, I would try to find somewhere with a fully functional internet. Other wise I would not hesitate to stay there again in view of the friendliness of the staff, security and reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed here for two weeks during a recent business trip to Abuja. Essentially, I agree with the reviewer who said it was like a Holiday Inn (of the older variety). Apparently, this was one of the pre-eminent hotels in Abuja a decade ago, but the death of the owner created a disruption in service and maintenance. What I liked about it was: the friendly service, the excellent gym, onsite salon and excellent deep tissue massage. The rooms were not luxurious but clean and functional. The buffet style food becomes monotonous quickly, however, and the variety of food is limited. It's OK, and feels reasonably safe for solo women travelers. It is reasonably quiet.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is exclusively non-smoking.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2012

After reading the recent reviews positive reviews I decided to give it try. Unfortunately my experience was not positive.
My booking was not properly in the system when I arrived. In the only piece of good service I received during my stay I was at least given the key to my standard superior room. I am not sure what was superior about it but the average was there. My first night there was no hot water. Of the three problems I reported this was the only one fixed. The safe remained broken for my 3 day stay and the melted plug in one of the sockets was not removed forcing me to drape my laptop charger across the bed to work.
Bed was adequate and the room was clean but the decor in the room and on the floors was old fashioned and almost industrial with steel service doors between the room doors.
It took me a full day to get both codes you need for the internet. I was given the access code but none of the staff bothered to mention the wireless access key you need before you can use that.
The breakfast buffet was poor with a very limited selection and the staff friendly but unattentive. Massive arm waves needed to get a cup of coffee. I ate out for other meals.
Every piece of equipment I tried in the gym was faulty and the staff completely unhelpful.
The credit card machine did not work for the whole of my three day stay and the reception staff informed me the ATM in the lobby was not working...even as I watched someone draw cash from it!!
Check out was smooth enough but only as I had checked in advance and knew that credit card payment was out.

I was tempted to use the business centre but one look at it and I decided to print in the office then next day.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Kiwi_Ronin
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We have just spent 6 days at Bolingo and as a white female from the UK was very pleasantly surprised, i came to Abuja to marry my long time partner who resided with me he is Nigerian, we found the standard of the hotel very good, the room we stayed in was on a par with Holuday Inn in Uk, it needed updating alittle ie-: bedside lampshade cover broken and bathroom tiles could do with changing but apart from that it was fine, we had fresh bedding everyday n fresh towels.
The food was a big let down so only ate one main meal just not to my taste n only a small choice to choose from, breakfast was ok choice of continental or british....apart from no bacon....
The bar on an evening houses a resident band who were lovely and played a nice selection of tunes, the tv's in the bar r mostly tuned to sport ...dont forget the ladies not all of us r footie fans!!
The business centre was a massive let down we needed to print a document which would have taken all of 5 mins but network probs had us sat there for 1 hour n 20 mins plus we were charged for our time as u can imagine we were not happy.
The staff we cannot fault they were polite, respectful always pleasant n had a smile and Good morning etc
Security is excellent we unfortunately were in Abuja when the UN building was bombed so it was even tighter, your car is checked on entering the entrance to the hotel so we had peace of mind.
I would advice not to use the swimming pool it looked dirty and had alot of broken tiles on the steps very dangerous if u slipped.
Overall for a first time to the country n what i had been told about it it wasnt too bad. The stay was ok but it was only a base for us as we were there for a purpose, maybe abit overpriced for a basic room

I would recommend this hotel its abit pricey for a standard room £150 per night but we were on our honeymoon

• Stayed: August 2011