“Hilton Abuja is comfortable with good service”

Transcorp Hilton Abuja
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed here for five nights.
The best thing about it is the staff who I found to be helpful, friendly, attentive and hard working. I found the check out and check in to be fairly brisk. If anything holds it up - maybe their internet connection or computers sometimes make it slow to get a link to take a payment etc. This I suspect is a problem across the region and not the fault of the hotel.
Was really impressed by the charming, intelligent and efficient service from a man called Leonard who worked behind the reception desk. He was so professional and helped us with currency exchange,questions about shopping etc.
The food is really expensive. One of the most expensive Hilton Hotels I have stayed in across the world! But there is a lot of choice. The best meal we had was in the Chinese restaurant which has a great Mongolian buffet. Really delicious if expensive.
The pool is large and looked lovely. you can order simple snack meals here which were ok - nothing special and again very expensive for what they were.
Breakfast is a large buffet - with a lot of choice. Too expensive though.
Agree with comments re security in other reviews - it is there, it is visible and it is done - but I question with how much real attention to detail.

Room was large and comfortable - decor a little tired but room was kept very clean.
On another note, the security procedures at Abuja Airport gave me more cause for concern. They check your bags but no one is actually looking at the scanner and in fact after having my bags checked 10 times, I realised others were simply slipping people notes to get through. Very unsatisfactory and be warned - there are staff at the airport keen to make money out of travellers coming through.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for taking the time to leave a feedback about your experience.

It is good to know you had an enjoyable experience with us especially the service delivery from our team members. I will surely let Leonard know that he helped you to have a great stay with us.

Your comments on our food and beverage prices are noted. I would, however, like to state with all sense of responsibility that when compared to other international hotel brands in other parts of the world, our prices are competitive. But be please assured that we will continue to provide value for money spent in our hotel.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Transcorp Hilton Abuja.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Customer service in Hilton Transcrop is second to none. Clean and beautiful rooms. The pool bar and Bukka restaurant was my favorite. , staying at the Executive Room granted me access to the executive lounge. The food and drinks were credible.

Room Tip: Advance booking
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for leaving a review! I am so glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality during your stay with us.

Thank you once again for choosing us and we hope to welcome you back to the Transcorp Hilton soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Service - Usually very friendly but slow. No sense of urgency which is very frustrating. I had to regularly wave to get attention as it is impossible to catch the eye of the staff. Just before I left I ordered a pizza (took 50 minutes) and some chicken (it never came). The hotel should just make every dining option a buffet so that the waiters and waitresses dont get involved and add hours to the dining experience.
Rooms - Clean and a nice size. No wifi.
Pool area - pretty cool and nice bbq, bar etc
Check in - was very slow as after 4pm they cancel your reservation, so I had to rebook and luckily they had a room.
Checkout - was also very slow. The hotel need to understand how frustrating this is.
Breakfast - was fine and a big selection. Hard to get staff attention to get some tea, and then it takes about 10 minutes for them to take it to you.
A quick way to improve this hotel would be to improve the service in a few ways, such as not answering the phone when I am speaking to them, make eye contact with your customers, walk a bit faster, look like you care.
I kept hearing that the hotel is "good for Africa" and "best in Nigeria". In other words its the least crap. I rated this average as the building itself and facilities are good, the staff are friendly, breakfast was good, room was clean, and I did enjoy my first stay in Nigeria.

Room Tip: I saw one of the suites and it was really sweet ;)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for leaving a review about your recent stay at the Transcorp Hilton Abuja.

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and our team members delighted you with their genuine care and friendliness.

Your comments about the time taken at check-in and check-out are noted. There has been a challenge with internet connectivity for credit card payments. Please be assured that we are working with our bank to overcome the challenge and give our guests a prompt check-in and check-out experience.

I will be sure to share your comments about your restaurant experience with our Food and Beverage leads with a view to improving overall dining experience.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us on your first visit to Nigeria and the city of Abuja. We look forward to welcoming you back to Transcorp Hilton Abuja soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I had a number of good stays at the Hilton Abuja in 2012. Although it remains overpriced and often has bad Internet connectivity (also no wifi in hotel rooms), it shines in comparison with a number of other options in Abuja. The food remains just okay, with almost every restaurant serving primarily buffet meals. The rooms are also just okay and would benefit from renovation, mostly because they look quite dated. This is a comfortable place to stay and has many options for eating or just hanging out, either alone or with friends. The hotel exercise facility is excellent, with separate rooms for weights and exercise machines. I would rate this hotel gym as among the top hotel exercise facilities I have used in recent years. The new hotel security procedures outside the car entrance to the hotel can cause significant traffic jams in front of the hotel. At such times, it can take a long time to enter the hotel. As has been the case in all the years I have stayed at this hotel, at the actual hotel entry itself, they require that you put your luggage through an airport style x-ray machine that rarely has anyone reviewing the items being scanned (people sit behind the desk but do not typically appear to be looking at the items being scanned). You also must go through a metal detector that typically seems to be ignored, even when it goes off.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for taking the time to leave a feedback about your experience.

I am glad you had an enjoyable and pleasant experience during your stay with us. I am particularly gratified that you rated our our Fitness Center as one of the best you have experienced during your travels. Our Fitness Center is equipped with the most modern cardio and weight training equipment by Precor and operates 24 hours daily.

Your comments about security at the hotel's entrance are noted. Please be assured that we have comprehensive practices and procedures in place to safeguard our guests and team members. These are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure we consistently deliver the highest level of security at all times.

Thank you once again for your valuable views. We look forward to welcoming back to Transcorp Hilton Abuja soon.

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Transcorp Hilton Abuja is the best Hotel in Nigeria. The Staff are superb and caring. The Hotel is just too intresting to me. The food is OK while services are the best I can think of. I wish to be in the Hotel always. The Band at Weekend is inviting.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us.

It is gratifying to know that you were satisfied with our amenities and overall service delivery.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Transcorp Hilton Abuja soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

May be among the best in Abuja, but given the quality of rooms, the service and the poor internet connectivity, it is far too expensive compared to similar hotels worldwide. Plus, they tacked on wrong minibar charges to my room bill, despite the fact that I never used the minibar and I had pointed this out to them when I previewed the bill.

Room Tip: Check your bill --and double check again!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank M S

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for taking the time to review your experience.

I am disappointed that we did not succeed in delivering a wow experience to you during your stay and do apologise for any inconveniences you might have experienced, especially with the mini bar billing.

Please feel free to contact me directly so I address your specific concerns with a view to improving our service delivery.

Thank you once again for your views and I do hope you will give us another opportunity of being of service to you.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Transcorp hilton is one of the best Hiltons. The rooms are massive, room service is ok. It's in a very nice and safe part of Abuja, the capital city of Nigeria. The downside is, it's a very very busy hotel, the traffic can be very irritating and they could do with more parking lots closer to the hotel, rather than make people park their cars far off and walk all the way in heels, that is if you are not chauffeur driven.

Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel.

I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction.

Once again thank you for valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.