During the first week of October 2012 (5th or 6th?), i was to travel to Amsterdam, via Paris by Air France which cancelled its flight unceremoniously and took the passengers to Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja, to pass the night. We arrived the hotel at night tired and hungry. We were promptly ushered to our rooms which were pleasant and well made. All the facilities were excellent.
However, when we ordered for dinner, it took over 2 hours, in my case, to arrive (after persistent uncountable reminders). it was the following day I learned from some fellow passengers that they slept without food because they were bluntly not served.
Again, Transcorp Hilton is among the few hotels in Nigeria that charge guests for internet use. They should make it complimentary.
The breakfast and lunch at the restaurant were excellent and the staff were pleasant. I highly recommend this hotel to visitors to Abuja.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Nigeria's capital city in close proximity to government offices, business and diplomatic districts, Transcorp Hilton offers 670 art-deco style rooms and suites for the comfort of discernible travellers. The spacious, bright and airy rooms are complete with original artwork and have large windows with stunning city views. Catch up with work at the desk, check your emails with high-speed internet (fees apply), recline on the mini chaise lounge or simply re-energise in the marble bathroom. From local Nigerian and continental cuisines to themed international buffets, Transcorp Hilton offers a delightful culinary experience with 4 restaurants and 4 bars. The hotel boasts a hi-tech, 1200-persons capacity Congress Hall and 24 meeting rooms. All benefit from natural daylight and individually controlled air conditioning, creating an ideal location for board meetings, press conferences, receptions or private dining parties. The mezzanine and foyer areas surrounding the Congress Hall enjoy natural daylight and provide an ideal location for registration, exhibition or display area, refreshment, breakfast or pre dinner cocktails. For the fitness enthusiast, the hotel boasts a well-equipped fitness center including saunas, a large hexagonal outdoor swimming pool and children's wading pool, 3 tennis courts, 3 squash courts, volleyball and basketball courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Transcorp Hilton Abuja reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Transcorp Hilton Abuja Hotel Abuja
- Hilton International Abuja
- Hilton Abuja
- Abuja Hilton