Transcorp Hilton Abuja
US$123
US$111
Priceline
1,160 results
All reviewsbukka restaurantexecutive floorcapital barpiano barbusiness triproom servicehome away from homean upgradeenjoyed my stayhiltonsecurityzumaafricagyminternetrenovationenvironment
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Just finished up two weeks here. Overall, the hotel is good enough - decent rooms (wild modernist styling), pretty good service and pretty good food.

Some glaring notes:

Food is really really expensive - on line with the best hotels in New York or London. I'm sitting here with the room service menu as I type. Some examples: continental breakfast: US$37. Chef Salad: $24. Club Sandwich: $35. Heinekin: (large - i.e. 2x): $9. The defense is that all ingredients are imported. However, Heinekin is brewed locally. Further, the Sheraton imports most of its ingredients also, and is half the price.

Service is well-meaning but spotty. When the rooms are serviced, you are supposed to receive 2 towels, a bath mat, a wash cloth and a hand towel. I never got these. Instead I would get random items - 2 towels today, no towels the next day but a wash cloth, bath mat and hand towel and so on. If I asked for these, they were promptly and cheerfully provided, but the random draw began immediately again the next day.

Watch out for minibar charges. I had several, none of which were legitimate. The front desk cheerfully removed these, but it struck me as an idiot tax - an added charge that would slide by if not challenged.

Overall, the hotel is the best in Abuja that I have found. The staff means well, the food is good, the gym is nice and the rooms are mostly cool.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for sharing your experience.

I am glad you were satisfied with the quality of our rooms, food, gym and the service attitude of our team members.

I would like to correct the notion that our food is expensive. When compared to other international hotels in Abuja and other cities in the world, our prices are actually competitive. Please be assured that we remain committed to providing value for money spent in our hotel.

Once again, thank you for valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming back to Transcorp Hilton Abuja soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

During the first week of October 2012 (5th or 6th?), i was to travel to Amsterdam, via Paris by Air France which cancelled its flight unceremoniously and took the passengers to Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja, to pass the night. We arrived the hotel at night tired and hungry. We were promptly ushered to our rooms which were pleasant and well made. All the facilities were excellent.
However, when we ordered for dinner, it took over 2 hours, in my case, to arrive (after persistent uncountable reminders). it was the following day I learned from some fellow passengers that they slept without food because they were bluntly not served.
Again, Transcorp Hilton is among the few hotels in Nigeria that charge guests for internet use. They should make it complimentary.
The breakfast and lunch at the restaurant were excellent and the staff were pleasant. I highly recommend this hotel to visitors to Abuja.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am happy to hear you rated our hotel facilities and team members excellent. We're so glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality.

We look forward to serving your travel needs at our hotel should you return to the area.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I am using Transcorp Hilton in Abuja since last year.

The hotel is worthy in general, well popularised in Abuja, nice staffs but certain things are unacceptable and found some sneaky business techniques.

First, let me describe the sneaky invoicing.

I was booked for the standard room during December 2012 and while my check-in, the receptionist said that I have upgraded to suite. I was very happy, but upon check-out I have realised that they charged me the suite rate instead of the standard room rate. I did not look carefully this fraud and left upon check-out.

The second time I was booked for the suite from Jan 31 –Feb 04 this year, and they said they are upgrading me for one night due to the unavailability of suites that time and the following day the will change my room. I agreed but asked them 'is there any change in the cost', they replied, ‘no, it will be same 89K’.

The following day morning I have approached the reception and asked for the room relocation, and according to the one answer me from the reception, ‘everything Ok, I can continue stay in the same room’.

During the check-out after 4 nights stay, I found from the invoice that the room rate charges are 134k/day instead of 89K. When I try to clarify, they were insisting that this is what has allocated. But I struggled to explain my stand and I recall all the conversations, later the supervisor directed to them to adjust the rate to 89K, using ‘discount note for upgrade’

Dear Trip advisor readers, Please be careful. This is pure guileful business,
For reference: my information invoice no:3503790010-505109007 dated 04/02/2013. Annasamy Anandhan

Secondly the room cleaning services.

The check-in day you will have complete toiletries (soap, shampoo, and etc) writing note book, ball pen, the complimentary water, and etc as per standard for the room (the quantity and quality depends on the category of the room), but from the second day you will never find all complete. I saw 1 shampoo instead of 2, 1no body cream instead of 2, they left the used soap, none provided new…….

It is very nasty technic to save. While I asked water (complimentary) on the second day they supplied, and I am shame to ask the next days and none are supplied.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank aanandhan

Many thanks for the feedback on your recent stay at the Transcorp Hilton Abuja.

Whilst I am glad with your rating of our hotel, I am disappointed that we did not deliver a wow experience to you during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused by the wrong billing during your last stays with us. I have addressed the issue with our Front Office Manager and he will be contacting you to Make It Right.

Our standard practice is to replace bathroom supplies and complimentary water on consumption. Your experience has been highlighted to the Housekeeping team to ensure consistency in our service delivery.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

The Hilton in Abuja is pretty much the only safe hotel without bugs. So yes, it was safe, and yes, there were no bugs. That's where it stops. The rooms are extremely dated which is fine if you are in to the early eighties retro look ! I booked a non smoking room and by mistake they put in a smoking room which smelled exactly like you would imagine a room smelling after 40+ years of smokers living there day in and day out.

My bed, while clean, was rock hard. I have traveled all over and never have I been on a bed that was so hard. I went down to complain and they told me that it couldn't be that hard as all the beds were like that and no one ever complained. This bed was hard as a board ! I suggested to the concierge that he come up and check for himself ... but he never did. Apparently the hotel was full and there was nothing they could do - yet, I was there for 4 days !

The food was so-so and the service was inefficient.

Overall, for a $400 US per night room, this was exceptionally poor. I don't recommend this hotel BUT, you have no choice as the other hotels are far worse - as I understand.

Room Tip: Avoid smoking rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JF L

Thank you for choosing the Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for leaving comments about your stay.

I am disappointed to learn that you were not satisfied with your overall experience during your stay. I would like to apologize for all inconveniences we must have caused you during your stay with us.

Although we take pride in our signature Hilton Serenity Dreams beds and mattresses, our team should certainly have gone the extra mile to provide your preferred bed type. We are all about personalized service in Hilton.

Once again, thank you for your views and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for us to Make it Right!

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed here for five nights.
The best thing about it is the staff who I found to be helpful, friendly, attentive and hard working. I found the check out and check in to be fairly brisk. If anything holds it up - maybe their internet connection or computers sometimes make it slow to get a link to take a payment etc. This I suspect is a problem across the region and not the fault of the hotel.
Was really impressed by the charming, intelligent and efficient service from a man called Leonard who worked behind the reception desk. He was so professional and helped us with currency exchange,questions about shopping etc.
The food is really expensive. One of the most expensive Hilton Hotels I have stayed in across the world! But there is a lot of choice. The best meal we had was in the Chinese restaurant which has a great Mongolian buffet. Really delicious if expensive.
The pool is large and looked lovely. you can order simple snack meals here which were ok - nothing special and again very expensive for what they were.
Breakfast is a large buffet - with a lot of choice. Too expensive though.
Agree with comments re security in other reviews - it is there, it is visible and it is done - but I question with how much real attention to detail.

Room was large and comfortable - decor a little tired but room was kept very clean.
On another note, the security procedures at Abuja Airport gave me more cause for concern. They check your bags but no one is actually looking at the scanner and in fact after having my bags checked 10 times, I realised others were simply slipping people notes to get through. Very unsatisfactory and be warned - there are staff at the airport keen to make money out of travellers coming through.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for taking the time to leave a feedback about your experience.

It is good to know you had an enjoyable experience with us especially the service delivery from our team members. I will surely let Leonard know that he helped you to have a great stay with us.

Your comments on our food and beverage prices are noted. I would, however, like to state with all sense of responsibility that when compared to other international hotel brands in other parts of the world, our prices are competitive. But be please assured that we will continue to provide value for money spent in our hotel.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Transcorp Hilton Abuja.