The Nicon Hilton Abuja was the main hospitality attraction in the city for so many years, pricey yes, but justifiable so. Fast forward to November 2013 and a change of ownership, the hotel is now a sad sad disappointment. The staff are rude, loud, poorly dressed and generally ill-mannered. There was no soap in the dispensing machines in the ladies room, the electronic hand dryers did not work and the state of cleanliness left a whole lot to be desired. We had a meeting and for tea we were served street food fare; I can't imagine this happening in any other Hilton in the world. The air-conditioning was broken down in the meeting room we used so the staff had to bring in standing fans; while at it, they quarreled with each other in our full view. In spite of all this, the price of the hotel is still through the roof. Shocking to say the least!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Nigeria's capital city in close proximity to government offices, business and diplomatic districts, Transcorp Hilton offers 670 art-deco style rooms and suites for the comfort of discernible travellers. The spacious, bright and airy rooms are complete with original artwork and have large windows with stunning city views. Catch up with work at the desk, check your emails with high-speed internet (fees apply), recline on the mini chaise lounge or simply re-energise in the marble bathroom. From local Nigerian and continental cuisines to themed international buffets, Transcorp Hilton offers a delightful culinary experience with 4 restaurants and 4 bars. The hotel boasts a hi-tech, 1200-persons capacity Congress Hall and 24 meeting rooms. All benefit from natural daylight and individually controlled air conditioning, creating an ideal location for board meetings, press conferences, receptions or private dining parties. The mezzanine and foyer areas surrounding the Congress Hall enjoy natural daylight and provide an ideal location for registration, exhibition or display area, refreshment, breakfast or pre dinner cocktails. For the fitness enthusiast, the hotel boasts a well-equipped fitness center including saunas, a large hexagonal outdoor swimming pool and children's wading pool, 3 tennis courts, 3 squash courts, volleyball and basketball courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Jovago.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Transcorp Hilton Abuja reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Transcorp Hilton Abuja Hotel Abuja
- Hilton International Abuja
- Hilton Abuja
- Abuja Hilton