“5-Star Experience!”

Transcorp Hilton Abuja
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed 25 November 2013

It was a weekend of an all-round 5-Star experience indeed from check-in to check-out. Personalized service, Superb meals, Outstanding facilities, Clean and tranquil environment. Magnificent room with superb views of the capital city at night was most ecstatic! This is an experience worth looking forward to again and again. Keep it up guys!

Room Tip: Rooms on Wing C overlooking the swimming pool especially on a weekend can be very interesting, inspi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Many thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you return again soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

The Nicon Hilton Abuja was the main hospitality attraction in the city for so many years, pricey yes, but justifiable so. Fast forward to November 2013 and a change of ownership, the hotel is now a sad sad disappointment. The staff are rude, loud, poorly dressed and generally ill-mannered. There was no soap in the dispensing machines in the ladies room, the electronic hand dryers did not work and the state of cleanliness left a whole lot to be desired. We had a meeting and for tea we were served street food fare; I can't imagine this happening in any other Hilton in the world. The air-conditioning was broken down in the meeting room we used so the staff had to bring in standing fans; while at it, they quarreled with each other in our full view. In spite of all this, the price of the hotel is still through the roof. Shocking to say the least!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Victoria N
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

I wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for taking the time to give a feedback on your experience.

I am disappointed we did not succeed at meeting your expectations during your stay with us and I apologise for all the service gaps you highlighted. i would like to assure you of my best efforts at addressing all the issues highlighted with my team in order to improve our overall service delivery.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon; we promise to 'Make it Right' on your next visit!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The hotel lives up to the brand however the day i lodged there, the hotel was booked to max. My advise is that you book well in advance before you stay in this Hotel and make payment to ensure your booking is confirmed

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Abuja and for taking the time to share your experience.

We are glad you had an enjoyable and pleasant experience during your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

due to lot of stress i missed up a few things and names. CHARLES in the room service and OBILIGWE of the bukka were exceptional , there names stuck to my head. my bad experince was actually in ghana. sorry if this posting have cuased any damage in the persons i have mentioned their names.

Room Tip: rooms closer to the service door are a bit noisy. stay away from the staff service door
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

I wanted to thank you for your recent comments, clarifying your earlier post.

We will surely review your comments as they relate to the concerned team members and overall service delivery.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I had stayed in Transcorp before, but my last stay (Oct. 24 to 26, 2013) created an impressive impact. From the front Desk to when I was taken to my Room, the treament was first class. In orientation that customer is king reflected in the behaviour of all the staff. Complaint is responded to swiftly, services are rendered satisfactorily, courtesies are inviting. No doubt, guest, like me, would want to repeat visit always. Transcorp has indeed lifted business of hospitality in Nigeria.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you had a taste of our warm, caring service . We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Well, with about 670 rooms! This is one of the biggest facilities I have ever been to. At N75,000.00 and above, its worth it in my opinion. The rooms are extremely clean. Meals are splendid. The bar is nice, although I couldn't find Hunters Dry. But the lobby has far less seats than I would expect, in fact it almost has none. The swimming pool is good too. The beddings are extremely clean too. This hotel are very good. I hope to enjoy the rest of my days in this facility.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Immanuel Bofomo N
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel.

I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the facilities and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. I am pleased to know we gave you value for money.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I normally only post reviews of my holiday hotels, but this time i decided also to share my experience in Nigeria.

Arrived in Lagos and had to stay one night at the Intercontinental hotel. As per my business partners the new and long awaited addition to Lagos hotels market. Overall architecture is modern but hotel is poorly finished, it seems it is already falling apart. Hotel is located on victoria island which is cbd, but access is a challenge, long traffic jam to enter the hotel. overall i had good service, friendly staff. Food quality was rather average. buffet is uninspiring. i tried the chinese restaurant at night. Not really chinese but portions are large. Overall pricing is not cheap 460 us$ for standard room. Restaurants very expensive 60 us $ for starter and main course including water and a juice.

Second day on my way to Abuja, I was positively surprised by the domestic airport after having gone through hell at the lagos international airport the day before.

Abuja here we go, my local contacts had booked me at the sheraton, I arrived mid day and rooms were quick check in, but then the dissapointment started, i moved through 3 rooms to find one with a well closing door, a not too noisy ac and a functional bathroom. I quickly took a shower and then going for meetings at the hilton lobby. Do not ask why, i did not understand either why my contacts would book me in one hotel and organise meetings at another.

Security is attentive and a scanning van at the entrance screens every vehicle. Lobby is air conditionned and the lounge seems to be the meet and greet place of Abuja. We had lunch at the Bukka restaurant, very bussling restaurant, need to call a bit for service attention but the food variety is definitely worth the price. i paid 7000 naira per head for full buffet including soft drink, not cheap but worth the money when for several days you have not had a great meal. By comparison you pay 6000 naira at the airport lounge sds in Lagos airport for dried bread and staff watching TV.

As i had some spare time in between meetings i asked to see a bedroom to compare with sheraton. Well clearly there is no comparison, Mrs Mary the guest relation employee made quickly two room types available and a bell boy showed me the way, whilst explaining all hotel facilities which was great as you get the side stories for free. Rooms are dated and need some upgrade there is no doubt but all is working well. I thus went back to the sheraton to check out and book myself into the hilton. i went online to check pricing which was 420 us$ when at the reception the receptionist proposed me an uprgade to royal room, which is a double sized room with a very 70 ies style. i really loved it i also got a bottle of wine to go with the room and some nibbles. Rooms was clean although furniture is scratched. Aircon was working well, corridors I agree with other reviews there is less AC but in Sheraton there is no ac at all.

In the evening we met up with local partners, drinks at the lobby lounge, much less noisy then the capital bar ( which is too much of a local flair to me) afterwards we had dinner at Zuma grill, probably the best meal in nigeria for continental cuisine. I had balik salmon starter followed by an unbelievable rib eye beef cut grilled perfectly. They also have a mustard and chili trolley, quite nice although the chili is really hot and for me beyond my tolerance level. Alexander was our waiter and he did impeccable service, all with some good french wines at affordable pricing even our local Nigerian partners were positively surprised by the quality of this meal.

Had a good night sleep, tip for room make up always hang your tag make up room, otherwise they slide your room at the end of the day, my room attendant gave me the tip.

Breakfast buffet has all you can desire but indeed pricey, i stayed 3 nights and from second day went for the pastry corner in the shopping alley, there you pay as you go so 2 croissants and a coffee would set you back 12 us$ which is more reasonable and the croissants are good quality.

Check out was almost smooth, they had to try my credit card on several machines, finally went through, i panicked thinking i would receive multiple debits but after checking with my accounts all was fine.

I would definitely return and stay again, hotels in nigeria are not cheap but better stick to the proven track record. i have seen a lot of comments on wifi internet, glad to confirm it is working at good speed but unfortunately still to be paid.

My tip, indulge yourself to a retro royal room.

Room Tip: Negotiate for upgrade for little more money you can get better then standard rooms, i loved the Roya...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Transorp Hilton Abuja and for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am happy to hear you found the security of our hotel, the comfort of our Royal Room and the dining experience at our Zuma Grill to your liking. I am particularly glad that Mary, the Bell Boy and Alexander were helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them.

We look forward to serving your travel needs at our hotel on your next trip to Abuja.