The Hilton in Abuja is a nightmare of a hotel. It's the only place that many Americans who are there for work can stay because of security concerns, and they know they have you over a barrel. The service is grumpy and not very competent, everything is way overpriced, and you don't get free internet with your hefty room price. My first room in the hotel smelled so very musty that I couldn't sleep in it, and I've slept in a LOT of $5 a night hotels... I had to call multiple times and threaten to go elsewhere before they reassigned me a room. On checkout, I paid with a credit card. When I was putting together my expense report after returning home, I noticed on the fourth page of the bill that they had overcharged me by a whopping $600+. When I called the hotel and asked them to reimburse me, I got nowhere and had to go to my credit card company to open a complaint. I will NEVER go back there. The Sheraton, although far less fancy, has nicer staff, better food, free internet, and is far better value for money, as long as you are careful not to let strangers into your room...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of Nigeria's capital city in close proximity to government offices, business and diplomatic districts, Transcorp Hilton offers 670 art-deco style rooms and suites for the comfort of discernible travellers. The spacious, bright and airy rooms are complete with original artwork and have large windows with stunning city views. Catch up with work at the desk, check your emails with high-speed internet (fees apply), recline on the mini chaise lounge or simply re-energise in the marble bathroom. From local Nigerian and continental cuisines to themed international buffets, Transcorp Hilton offers a delightful culinary experience with 4 restaurants and 4 bars. The hotel boasts a hi-tech, 1200-persons capacity Congress Hall and 24 meeting rooms. All benefit from natural daylight and individually controlled air conditioning, creating an ideal location for board meetings, press conferences, receptions or private dining parties. The mezzanine and foyer areas surrounding the Congress Hall enjoy natural daylight and provide an ideal location for registration, exhibition or display area, refreshment, breakfast or pre dinner cocktails. For the fitness enthusiast, the hotel boasts a well-equipped fitness center including saunas, a large hexagonal outdoor swimming pool and children's wading pool, 3 tennis courts, 3 squash courts, volleyball and basketball courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Transcorp Hilton Abuja reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Transcorp Hilton Abuja Hotel Abuja
- Hilton International Abuja
- Hilton Abuja
- Abuja Hilton