“Not recommended!”

Transcorp Hilton Abuja
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The Hilton in Abuja is a nightmare of a hotel. It's the only place that many Americans who are there for work can stay because of security concerns, and they know they have you over a barrel. The service is grumpy and not very competent, everything is way overpriced, and you don't get free internet with your hefty room price. My first room in the hotel smelled so very musty that I couldn't sleep in it, and I've slept in a LOT of $5 a night hotels... I had to call multiple times and threaten to go elsewhere before they reassigned me a room. On checkout, I paid with a credit card. When I was putting together my expense report after returning home, I noticed on the fourth page of the bill that they had overcharged me by a whopping $600+. When I called the hotel and asked them to reimburse me, I got nowhere and had to go to my credit card company to open a complaint. I will NEVER go back there. The Sheraton, although far less fancy, has nicer staff, better food, free internet, and is far better value for money, as long as you are careful not to let strangers into your room...

Room Tip: Make sure to check out your room before you unpack and make sure it doesn't smell like mold, and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank D'Arcy R
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Thank you for choosing Transcorp Hilton for your recent stay in Abuja and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am disappointed we did not succeed at meeting your expectations during your stay with us. I apologize for our failures and all the inconveniences we might have caused you. Please be assured of my best efforts to address all the issues you have highlighted with a view to improve our overall service delivery.

Further to your comments on internet, permit me to mention that we fully implement the Hilton brand policy of complimentary internet for all our Diamond and Gold HHonors members.

Once again, thank you for your views and I look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

My overall experience at Transcorp Hilton Abuja was Excellent and overwhelming. I enjoyed every second spent within the holiday at the hotel, my wife and children also enjoy the same, thumb up to the management and the entire staff of Transcorp Hilton Abuja, well cultured, branded and grounded. Thanks for usual cooperation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Thank Omale Ukpotokwu... O
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for creating the time to give a feedback on your experience.

I am glad to hear you and your family had an enjoyable experience during your stay with us. All of us at Transcorp Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we are happy to hear from a satisfied guest.

Once again, thank you for your valuable back. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The Hilton xmas package was faboulous,I came down to abuja with my family for the xmas and new year celebrations and we were treated like kings and queens by the friendly staffs,tho I noticed that the staffs were kinda few maybe because of the festive season but in all we enjoyed our stay at the Hilton.Thanks for making our xmas and new year worthwhile

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for choosing Transcorp Hilton Abuja for your recent stay in Abuja and for sharing your experience.

I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us and our Team Members delighted you and your family with their hospitality.

Once again, thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Had dinner with friends to say goodbye to 2013 and welcome this new year.
The food was exquisite, my wildest wishes were answered when I saw the plates passing one by one.... it was just fabulous.
The tables very festive and tastefully decorated and had little intentions for each and everyone... I can't remember when I last had such a nice New Year's experience away from home... My thanks to all the staff and the management.
Congratulations and keep up the excellence in 2014!
Best wishes

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

I wanted to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Abuja and for creating the time to leave a feedback.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and our Team Members made you and your guests feel cared for, valued and respected. I will be sure to let our Team Members know that they made your stay enjoyable with their hospitality.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Very beautiful hotel that is centrally located to major shopping plazas and historic sights. Few miles to major cities such as Jos, Kaduna , Minna etc which have great historic sights. Very suitable for family holidays.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja.

I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us and found our hotel ideal for a family vacation. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This hotel is giant, safe, and luxurious. But it's also inexplicably shabby. There were cigarette burns on my room's desk and wires sticking out of the wall in the bathroom. It's clear that the place has seen better days. Given how ridiculously expensive the hotel is, you'd expect better accommodations.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Stuart R
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for creating the time to leave a feedback.

I am disappointed we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us and I apologize for our failures. The observations you made in your room are not excusable and they have since been addressed with our maintenance team.

I acknowledge the fact that our hotel is in need of a facelift and I am pleased to inform you that the hotel is indeed scheduled for a major refurbishment starting in 2014.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

The owners are charging exorbitant rates for a facility they are unwilling to invest in. The furnishings and facilities are completely neglected and in very poor shape. It is surprising that more competition has note moved into this market in Abuja.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael F

Thank you for leaving a review about our hotel.

First, I would like to apologize for our failure at meeting your expectations. Our desire is to create a refreshing experience where all our Guests feel cared for, valued and respected.

Whilst we acknowledge that our hotel was built over 26 years ago, we have consistently and diligently implemented scheduled refurbishment and upgrade projects over these past years. I am pleased to inform you that plans are at advanced stages to execute a major refurbishment of the hotel starting next year. The owners of our hotel are certainly committed to investing in and adding value to the hotel.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.