“Best Hotel in town”

Ranked #2 of 83 Hotels in Abuja
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Best Hotel in town”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The 2 obvisous choices in Abuja are Sheraton and Hilton. I stayed at Sheraton before, and it was a very disappointing stay. Hilton is much better. The service and the friendliness of the staff are really excellent. The food is very good in all the restaurants. Security is high, as this is the hotel in town, so it is very busy. The hotel is huge, features everything from swimmingpool over spa, and shops. The rooms are nicely decorated, allthough getting old, therefore only 4 stars.
I will definetly return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thanks for your recent stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for taking a moment to share your experience.

We’re glad you had a pleasant stay with us and had a taste of our warm, caring service. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Etienne Gailliez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Turkish first
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed in two hotels during my business trip to Abuja, and prefer this one hands down. While the decor could use a sprucing-up, everything was clean and functional. The bed was comfortable and the food was very good, including both Western and Nigerian dishes cooked with care. The grounds are very nice, and include a pool (and kiddie pool), tennis courts and a market "village" where you can bargain for crafts. The staff were very helpful and discreet, but always had a smile to offer. The business center level was also very good, as was the fitness center and small spa. I had a shoulder massage and have to say it was one of the best I've had in years. Probably my only complaint was that, during a conference, the elevators can be just a bit slow. However, on a normal basis, they run at a normal capacity.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for taking the time to leave a review.

I am happy to hear you found our culinary offerings, business center, recreational facilities and the service attitude of our Team to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs at our hotel on your next visit to Abuja.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel offers strategic surrounding for business and liesure in Abuja. I think this is one hotel I have stayed this long and still feel welcome and appreciated. Sprawling space for nature, walking, etc

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for choosing Transcorp Hilton for your recent stay in Abuja and for taking a moment to leave a feedback.

I am glad you were satisfied with what our hotel offers for business and leisure travellers and the hospitality of our Team.

Onve again, thank you for your views and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Safe travels!

Atlanta
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very impressed by the quality and responsiveness of the staff engaged at the Transcorp Hilton. It's a world apart from the rest of Abuja, but in terms of security and creature comforts, it's first rate. Services are pricey, however, especially the expensive and unreliable wireless services.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and our Team succeeded at delivering a world class experience to you. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when travel brings you back to Abuja soon.

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My last stay at this hotel was in May 2014. This is the third time I have stayed here, all for business trips.

Excellent location in central Abuja. Security seems adequate, but this does sometimes cause a bottle neck when entering and leaving the the grounds by car. The gym is good quality. Rooms are generally clean and of a good standard. Staff are uniformly warm and friendly in that wonderful Nigerian way and always try to help. The pool bar is lovely (Alfred the barman was amazed that I knew a few phrases of pidgin and I think i made a friend for life!). Had an excellent meal in the Zuma Restuarant (power cut notwithstanding thanks to our friends at NEPA)

Service in the Piano Bar is a little bit hit and miss during busy times. Breakfast in the Buka Restaurant is very expensive for what it is. Prices on the whole here are very expensive (thankfully my work was paying). I imagine if/when I come back I will be staying here again, which is OK by me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let the Team Members, especially Alfred of our Fulani Pool Bar, know that they helped you had a great stay with us.

Your comments about service at the Piano Bar are noted; I have since addressed your observations with our Food & Beverages leadership with a view to ensuring we consistently deliver a world class experience at the outlet.

All of us at Transcop Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 30 May 2014

well, transcorp is nice and i thnak the management for their great work.-i was here may 2014. great services though with noisy environment when youre downstairs. i cant speak abou tthe security but for sure the security is ok

Room Tip: rooms at the lastfloor are not bad
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Transcorp Hilton Abuja and for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am happy to hear you found the security of our hotel and service delivery of our Team to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs at our hotel should you return to the area.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel has a great location in the middle of Abuja. The only two positive notes I will make is that security seems adequate even though you can have a serious traffic jam inside the compound trying to get out and that they make a decent club sandwich. The rooms look like they were refurbished (or furnished) in the late 70's. The bathroom looks like my grand mother's from the same time period, so new investments are highly recommended. It was a bottle of champagne and smoked salmon waiting for me when I arrived, which is good. But I didn't touch it it and its still in my room 3 days later. Salmon outside the fridge after 72 hours is not a good thing. More fascinating is that the cleaners didn't remove it and therefore left it all to rot. The gym is ok but the gym attendant is sleeping on the coach, so some improvement potential there. Watch out for loud night-time noise - can get pretty wild. Overall an interesting experience that I could have been without.

1 Thank bulgenes
SholaAbuja, Public Relations Manager at Transcorp Hilton Abuja, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for choosing Transcorp Hilton for your recent stay in Abuja and for taking a moment to share your experience.

I am disappointed we did not succeed at exceeding your expectations during your stay with us and I apologise for our failures. I would like to assure you that all the service gaps you highlighted have been addressed with my Team with a view to improving our overall service delivery.

Permit me to mention that although our hotel was built in the 80s and furnished in the style of that era, we have consistently implemented planned refurbishment programs over the years. Plans are at final stages to embark on another major refurbishment of the hotel to bring the furnishing and facilities at par with the latest 21st century standards.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to being of service to you on your next trip to Abuja.