“Great!”

Ranked #39 of 147 Restaurants in Abuja
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Salamander never ever disappoints me with their food. Never. The food is always on point, even though it's sort of on the high side but it's totally worth it.
It has a welcoming ambience, good for people that like to read or work outside their homes, there's wifi connection and a little library or bookstore where people can pick up books.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

From the scorching 40 degrees centigrade, Salamander Cafe offered a great refuge. I was there twice in my short visit to Abuja. I loved the ambiance and the food as well. The book corner was such a delight to me and my colleagues. There are very few places that you go to these days that have both good wifi and books that you can read. I thought that, that was a unique aspect.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My title states my opinion quite clearly. This is a nice place to eat, meet and relax. Yet, understand that you are going to spend a significant amount of money for food that will not be terribly satisfying. This is not to say the food quality is the issue, because it is fine, but the portion size compared to the price leaves one feeling disappointed when the bill comes. I am not pleased when I pay US $2.50 for half a cup of coffee.

This restaurant would be great if they reduced the prices to be commensurate with the market or reality...especially the coffee

Reviewed 19 May 2014

A friend I had not seen for a long time asked me to meet her up here. Seemed to be lots of foreigners (any white person in Nigeria is a foreigner) going in and out. Food and drinks seemed pricey, we had some tasty spicy wings, a sandwich, two Guinness, and a 'Chapman' and the bill was a hefty 7500 naira @about 45 usd..But I kinda liked the atmosphere. Bookish, warm, bit elitist, but cozy. I wouldnt like call it next to home but when Im in Abuja, I wont mind going there again. And they have free wifi, maybe thats why the foods not cheap?

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Salamander Cafe is a place I go to often for a coffee and a snack. When I'm with a friend, we would go and have a meal. But for me, to use a word used by another reviewer, cosy is the word that comes to mind. Salamander has something of the exotic about it. Once you are inside this restaurant, you do feel that you are enclosed but not in a claustrophobic way but in a comfortable, cosy, cosmopolitan kind of way. it has a really friendly owner and welcoming staff. The menu is generous with a great breakfast section, lunch section and main meal section. Whilst waiting for the meal, I normally go to their bookshop and just take my time browsing. The shop has a great selection of titles but a lot of Nigerian/African authors. The atmosphere is casual, the kind of place that if you had loads of time you could just chill. The food is delicious and well presented and their cakes are also delicious. Yet another place I can visit again and again.