“Uncomfortable”

Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Abuja
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Uncomfortable”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Staff were mostly polite and friendly. Room was ok.... except that the bed was rock-hard (like trying to sleep on a table) and the air conditioner was so loud that it was impossible to sleep with it on (and would get too hot if you tried to sleep with it off).

Wireless internet didn't work in the room. It was variable in the lobby, if you ask you can get the password for the "lobby" wireless which seems to be a stronger signal than the general building-wide unsecured one.

Restaurant was bad, and I got food poisoning even just from breakfast.

The pool appears to have been closed since 2010.

When I came back the second week, I picked a different hotel.

One plus though: when I left my laptop charger there by accident, they sent an email to me letting me know, and I was able to pick it up a few days later when back in Abuja.

Room Tip: My third floor room didn't get wireless internet, but my colleague on the second floor seemed to...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank S H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Darmstadt, Germany
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Clean, friendly staff, nice breakfast (mixed: Nigerian & intercontinental), good room size, very good price. Good choice if you're following security recommendation to not use the big international hotels in Abuja.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Patrice_T_GER
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Have stayed regularly at Reiz over the past few years. The rooms are quite spacious and reasonably equipped. The hotel has a coffee shop, restaurant, bar, and pool. The restaurant serves buffet dinners, it makes sense to go ala carte as this is a cheaper option. The kitchen works slow and waiting time can be lenghty (place your order, ask the waiter to call when food is ready, go back to your room). The pool is small and can be rather crowded at weekends.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Abuja
Reviewed 7 March 2012

The hotel is good for the money and the staffs are very polite. The bed and the pillows are very hard and gave me neck pain on my first night. I complained about it the follwing morning and they immediately gave me soft pillows.

Please stay away from eating in this hotel. I became sick on my second day and I am still sick 2days after checking out. I never eat in any other place during my stay in the hotel.

I really would love to return but I am now so scared of the food poisoning.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Cyberdom N
washingtondc
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I'm an expat and I periodically work in Nigeria. I feel secure and safe in Abuja and in Lagos for that matter. But the recent rash of terrorists attacks by Islamic fundamentalist on the UN and Nigerian government buildings forces one to think carefully about living and working arrangements. According to recent warnings by the US Embassy in Abuja, the two main hotels favored by the expatriate community, the Sheraton and the Hilton, may be considered targets for terrorists attacks. This gives me another reason to shun the big hotels in favor of the small boutique hotels in Abuja, of which there are several, the Reiz Continental among them. This is an adquate, clean and secure hotel which primarily serves a Nigerian clientele. The number of expats staying here is increasing; I hope not so many that this place will become a target like the Hilton. The price is right, the location fine. I am still not crazy about the food but I typically eat out at night or have a simple room service meal like the Nigerian pepper soup which I love. I continue to endorse this hotel. I will try some of the other small independent hotels and review them as well.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank timhrose
Lagos
Reviewed 4 July 2011

The hotel was surprisingly good. It was clean, the service was good and food was ok though very monotonous. Compared to the Sheraton towers in Abuja though this hotel was like a dream (read my review of the Abuja Sheraton).

They had complimentary tea,coffee etc which was replaced daily and all the electrical appliances worked. The hot water seemed to run out though. The air conditioning was fine but the bed was......i really cant say except that it was uncomfortable. I did not use the hotel internet as it did not work while I was there and also I did not make use of room service. All in all it was a good experience

The hotel is centrally located but it is a bit difficult to get taxi in the evenings except you use the car hire service which is thrice the price is the regular ones.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Irinajo
abuja
Reviewed 3 June 2011

The hotel was very good. The staff were kind and the food was delicious. The hotel provided very good taxis and the hotel was enerally quite clean. the hotel had ai conditio on 24/7 and hot water . I would come there again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family