“Lovely Hotel, Pleasantly Suprised.”

Reiz Continental Hotel
Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Abuja
Reviewed 14 March 2014

To start, this was a business trip so I am not aware how much the room costs. All in all, I only spent say, 10 hours in the hotel and 7 hours of it was spent sleeping.

However, the room was big and really nicely furnished. The fridge was well stocked with a soft drink, bottle of water, nuts, and a pack of juice. The bed was king-size, very comfortable and the duvet and pillows were so lush. I literally sunk into it. The air-conditioning was easy to regulate. I asked for a wake up call from reception which I got at 6am and also the night before, I requested my dress suit ironed. It took all of 30mins for them to pick it up and return. Impressive.

I didn't use the internet so I cant comment on that.

The bathroom was well stocked and had a very comfortable bathrobe with lots of towels. The shower head was a bit tricky to use but the water temperature was easy to regulate.

The staff were courteous, friendly and professional. The dinner buffet looks good albeit a heavily Nigerian menu (we didn't eat there) and the breakfast which i ate was tasty with fair options.

I don't reside in hotels in Nigeria often but I have to say I'll highly recommend this place to the business traveler. Honestly, this hotel wont be out of place anywhere in the world.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Reniestar

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Back again after three months, same helpful staff, good to be back but the conferences and meetings are crowing the places these days.
The most disappointing was the slow Internet, even after the IT team tried their best in giving their best it was slow !
Rooms are clean and acceptable,I understand they are building a bigger hotel in the same compound and I wish they ll finish for customer to use the swimming pool and hopefully build a Gim!
Well good luck..

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dantes25
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Not easy to find a good hotel at reasonable price in Abuja. Reiz hotel is clean, safe and comfortable, and everything (from AC to hot water and internet) works which is not so common there. Mattresses are a bit hard and the old AC could be changed. The pre-payment system is not very friendly but this is how it works in Nigeria apparently.

Room Tip: standard room ar really small, try to negotiate superior rooms at good rate
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AB34000
Reviewed 24 August 2013

At the Reiz they aim to please; from check-in staff to the security guards who always have a friendly greeting. The rooms are clean and large, although the bed mattress is a bit hard. The well-stocked in-room refrigerators are nice, too. Good security. My only complaint is that with the current construction of another wing, the swimming pool was not available, and there is no gym available. I would return here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I have stayed 5 days on the hotel, the security and outside appearance is good, there is a backup generators for power down (occurred many times) but it takes about 5 min to start, during this you will stay on dark
rooms are equipped with Window very old fashion A/C that makes a huge noise.
the stuff are friendly and nice but the food is very poor, and there is no option than local food.
the value was too expensive for what we got but I think generally this is the normal price in Abuja

Room Tip: try get deluxe room and ask for discount, it is better if it have split A/C
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 April 2013

In a very expensive city, Reiz is the place to stay at, safe, friendly staff, clean and where there is Excellent free wireless connection!
You can even negotiate the rates if you stay longer (shhhh)
That said, I ask the mangers to change the old window type air conditioners to the new split types. And please consider changing the carpets int he near future...
I have noted that the breakfast changes well some of the food. But please if not familiar with the local food ask details of the foods on the menu before you order!
The hotel has very good, reliable taxi drivers they can recommend.
In NIJA they would say Well Done!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Staff were mostly polite and friendly. Room was ok.... except that the bed was rock-hard (like trying to sleep on a table) and the air conditioner was so loud that it was impossible to sleep with it on (and would get too hot if you tried to sleep with it off).

Wireless internet didn't work in the room. It was variable in the lobby, if you ask you can get the password for the "lobby" wireless which seems to be a stronger signal than the general building-wide unsecured one.

Restaurant was bad, and I got food poisoning even just from breakfast.

The pool appears to have been closed since 2010.

When I came back the second week, I picked a different hotel.

One plus though: when I left my laptop charger there by accident, they sent an email to me letting me know, and I was able to pick it up a few days later when back in Abuja.

Room Tip: My third floor room didn't get wireless internet, but my colleague on the second floor seemed to...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business