“A decent place for expats on business or work”

Reiz Continental Hotel
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Abuja
washingtondc
“A decent place for expats on business or work”
Reviewed 7 March 2010

On business with one associate and this was a decent place, near our project site, with free internet and breakfast, a large, decent room, properly cleaned and cared for. OK, it's not the Hilton but for a $130 per night negoiated rate, it was decent. The beds are very hard ala Nigerian style, the room has mini-fridge, a tea kettle, complementary coffee / tea service. Sure, the front desk and other staff are not of the quality of a branded hotel, but good enough. I only had breakfast which was acceptable. I did not try the room service or restuarant. Improvements can be made and it's a three star type environment, but I would recommend it for expat temporary duty staff coming for short to medium stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank timhrose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Germany
Reviewed 29 November 2009

I stay at Reiz continental hotel with my oyibo wife and kid.she´really liked it there.the rooms were clean and there are safe where you can keep your personal belongings in each room.Though i had two rooms there but the service remained the same,and the personel are very friendly unlike in other hotels i have stayed in before.The pool bar service were very good though sometime the pool bar is so full one wonders where all the people came from.The room service does take time which may cause one to loose apetit,but the foods are nice.My son felt very much at home there because he was treated well there too..the price is not for staters so make sure your pocket is endowned before booking a room there.they have security on each level and the room cleaners come twice in a day...one in the morning and in the evening.There pool bar live band are trying,but they play the same type of music every day which makes it a bit boring....But,the hotel is certainly a place to be...

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank FLair39
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2009

Of 5 hotels I visited in Abuja this was the most average.
At £130 a night this for one of their mid to high range rooms it seems a fairly reasonable price.
The beds are hard which is common in Nigeria (the Hilton being the only one with soft beds that I found).
The TV was OK, a bit fuzzy but ok to watch.
The Bath room was resonable. A little dated could do with a fresh coat of paint etc. but usable,
There was free internet WITH a PC provided although it looked like it had an ileagl copy of windows running on it. It worked and I managed to fire up a new, throwaway, hotmail account and email the wife. Personaly I wouldn't use my normal email account from any Hotel PC as you don't know who might be hacking in to get you details hence the use of a new hotmail account.
Breakfast was provided in the room price and was reasonable.

There were a couple of issues.
My room (412) was at one end of the Hotel aparently directly above the generator or the like that droned all night. I slept through it but others may not so try and get a room with the last 2 digits as high as possible. I went to the other end of the hotel and it was much nicer.

The power went off in the night (not unusual for Abuja) however an emergency light came on and the UPS for the supplied PC let of a series of warning beeps. IT's not good at 3am to have the lights suddenly go on and a beeping start up, that I couldn't sleep through! Power was restored within a miniute the light went out and the beeping stopped but still not nice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank FOAD_Bob
Reviewed 2 June 2009

I have tried a few hotels, including famous Sheraton, in Abuja Nigeria but Reiz is far ahead. My great experience started from making phone reservation; one of the numbers I called apparently was with the GM (Okpara?). It was a missed call but he called me back (on a Sunday); he took note of my request and got somebody to call me back for confirmation. By the way, I had called 2 other hotels earlier. Great customer service is rare around here but I got it at Reiz.
I got all the help I needed, had high speed internet and a desktop PC in my room for free! Also got free daily newspapers and daily free drinks (water and juice), and the room rate was quite affordable.
Breakfast was free and decent, with varieties. The bar was ok, suggested to the barman to include "sex on the beach" on the mixed drink list.
Location is CBD, very convenient and close the the Silverbird Cinema
It was all fun getting help from all hotel staff

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank AlexJo12
PortHarcourt
Reviewed 15 December 2007

My family and I have stayed at Reiz Continental two times now each time being 2 months each and I have never stayed in a hotel in Nigeria as good as reiz.My family and I will stay here any time we are in abuja. The hotel is clean and the staff are very helpfull.The rooms are clean and cheap you even get a weekend discount.The food for expats though limited is fine.I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Abuja.

2 Thank TexasOyibo