Mediterranean Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Abuja
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2009

In an overpriced city like Abuja, the Mediterranean website seemed promising with attractive rates to match. With my client unwilling to pay for the Protea hotels ( best but most pricey) this time, I took it upon myself to scour the web for a decent yet reasonable hotel in Abuja. The rates were great , my client informed me - about $ 60 per night .... a steal in Abuja. We went ahead and booked. I arrived early morning on the BA flight to a friendly Nigerian welcome and relatively efficient check-in. The room was a let down! Matchstick sized with gossamer thin curtains.. that overlooked the main parking lot in room no 105, it was impossible to get a wink of sleep before my meetings. The high pillows ( the equivalent of 3 regular pillows in height) did not help either. maybe it was my exhaustion after the long flight and unearthly hours, but nothing worked ....the shower head holder was broken and I left for work badly battered. It got better though... I asked to be moved and was moved to the room opposite 109 - facing the pool area - same gossamer curtains but here it did not matter. Voila, this room had a kettle and a shower that worked. An added bonus was the wireless which was free and worked to perfection. Much better indeed. Then I ordered dinner - the first of 3 weeks worth of Nigeria's national dish - chicken and Jollof rice. No comments as it was no better or worse here than in any restaurant across Nigeria. I was leaving in 2 days for the north of Nigeria on field visits, but did have a chance to taste lunch before my flight... pepper chicken soup - which was surprisingly good and without any unseemly pieces of meat or organs floating about. What spoilt the meal was that the restaurant charged us double of the prices printed on the menu saying that the menu was old and that prices had changed. My colleague got into quite a tizzy and I left her to settle as I went to check-out - again quite quick and efficient. On my flight to Dutse, I discovered that I had left my pen case with 3 flash drives ( and all my data0 in the hotel room. I was pleasantly surprised on my return to obtain this from the reception ( 1 whole week later) without any hassle. Overall, very pleasant staff. Would I stay there again.... not unless I had to. despite some nice areas ( pool, bars, etc.) this hotel is tucked away in the Asokoro area and far away from everything forcing travellers to eat in. Also the rooms are far too small to work in comfortably ... especially for a long stay. Good value for budget travellers on holiday though.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank SerendipityMumbai
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Very friendly and homely atmosphere, good food a splendid environment.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Denonz
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Had a wonderful time with my friends. Unbelievable recreational facilities owned by a hotel! I fell inlove with the polside with its Arabian Corner, Very romantic! and the Penthouse Bar! Its simply splendid. Check it out.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank Sheilachi
Reviewed 25 January 2008

If going to Abuja, Nigeria, one good option is to stay in the Mediterranean hotel. I know my stay there goes back a few years, and I hope that they have maintained the quality of service that was presented to me back then.
I stayed in the hotel for over a month with three other colleagues. As far as I remember, the service was overall good. There was a swimming pool (with the bar in it!), good internet wi-fi access (i think you had to pay for it), pool tables in the second bar and two restaurants. The rooms were clean and staff attentive to your needs. I cannot remember the exact prices, but it must have been around 60 USD or so, regardless, it was way cheaper than the traditional Hilton and co types. You could rent a room in the main building or opt for the bigger rooms in the annex. The hotel is located in upper residential area of Abuja, not far away from the ECOWAS secretariat, a number of embassies and the residences of the various governors. So, all in all, a secure location albeit not so central. If, after a month's stay, you get bored of the restaurants, you can go to a nearby Chinese restaurant (it's not far, you can go on foot), where the food is good and reasonably priced for Abuja. Overall, I retain a good impression of the hotel and its staff. One of my colleagues frequently returns there on his trips to Abuja and has not complained about it. I can't remember the contacts, but will try to dig through my archives and find something and then post it. Otherwise, any taxi driver should be able to take you there.

• Stayed: April 2005, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Marc2372