Though the Mercure Creolia is darn hard to get to (get yourself a good map) up in the hills above St. Denis, it’s got lovely views, decent rooms, and good service. It’s more along the lines of a European three-star hotel than a ****, but it has a very nice restaurant and that counts for something, even if the room wasn’t anything special and the internet was incredibly slow in the evening. It’s not a hotel to get particularly excited about, but Reunion doesn’t have Mauritius’s cavalcade of luxury resorts anyway. Plus the price was very decent for the July night I spent there, and being only 5 minutes from St. Denis and 15 from the airport was quite nice.
All things considered, the Hotel Mercure is a solid option. Nothing to rhapsodize about, but quite decent as far as Reunion options go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 107 Rooms hotel including superior, luxury and 2 disabled rooms. Located near the airport, the city center and overhanging St Denis bay. The hotel features a restaurant, bar, swimming pool with terrace, jacuzzi and fitness center. The Mercure Creolia offers a piano bar with good atmosphere each day of the week and thematic evenings with entertainment around the pool. Also offers 7 meeting rooms (300 people). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Creolia Saint-Denis La Reunion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Creolia Saint-Denis La Reunion Hotel Saint-Denis
- Mercure Saint Denis
- Accor Saint Denis
- Mercure Creolia Saint-Denis La Reunion Reunion Island